• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really can't wait. Way outgrew my crunch box a while ago and GB seemed like the best bag out of everything I checked out. I'll actually be able to take a couple brews with me easily too.

Really can't wait. Way outgrew my crunch box a while ago and GB seemed like the best bag out of everything I checked out. I'll actually be able to take a couple brews with me easily too.

order 1059, thats a ways off. today I will be finishing up order 1021 and starting on 1022.
typically I can get through about 1 order a day on average.
right now the est wait is roughly 8 weeks or more.
I have almost 40 orders in right now waiting in line to be made.

I'm thinking about ordering a new Simian to replace my first run one. Does the new putter pocket configuration on the outside still hold two putters easily?

I'm thinking about ordering a new Simian to replace my first run one. Does the new putter pocket configuration on the outside still hold two putters easily?

I got 2 putters in in both putter pockets right now, 2 ions in one and a pure and a warden in the other. They are a tight fit at first but do start to loosen up after a while, they are still in there pretty good but there isnt any problem sliding one in and out. It is still a tight enough fit where trying to put 2 putters in at the same time is a little difficult, so its one in at a time.

I can take some pics and possibly video later today or tomorrow if anyone is interested (I know you are) I have had my Wine colored simian for about a month now.

I got 2 putters in in both putter pockets right now, 2 ions in one and a pure and a warden in the other. They are a tight fit at first but do start to loosen up after a while, they are still in there pretty good but there isnt any problem sliding one in and out. It is still a tight enough fit where trying to put 2 putters in at the same time is a little difficult, so its one in at a time.

I can take some pics and possibly video later today or tomorrow if anyone is interested (I know you are) I have had my Wine colored simian for about a month now.

I did this with a zone and an ion and my zone got kind of warped from doing it, so i stopped.

order 1059, thats a ways off. today I will be finishing up order 1021 and starting on 1022.
typically I can get through about 1 order a day on average.
right now the est wait is roughly 8 weeks or more.
I have almost 40 orders in right now waiting in line to be made.

Ok. Sounds good. Worth the wait for me!

Tracking says it should be here tomorrow. Kudos to Chris for shipping it in expedited fashion.

I'm tempted to call off work tomorrow afternoon just to take her for a spin, assuming it arrives. Otherwise, I'll get out there this weekend for sure.

Will do on pics!

Well, my Simian arrived today. In case you already weren't aware from my cries of joy which were surely heard around the globe. I was checking my phone all afternoon at work to see if my wife had received it yet. I was pretty pumped to get the affirmative text.

It's a beautiful bag. I'll play my inaugural round with it on Sunday, but here are a few pictures and initial impressions.

img_2429.jpg
img_2432.jpg

This thing is tricked out. It's padded out the wazoo - back, shoulder straps (pictured here), etc etc are seriously thick, to the point of being luxurious - and it's got pockets galore. I love the little hanging pocket from the bag's inside ceiling - it seems great for stashing little items such as athletic tape, etc. It's going to be a process of discovering what I like to put where, but whew, are there options. It'll be fun to play around with.

There's even a pocket on back side!

img_2430.jpg

There's tons of space. Right now I have 10 in the main compartment - 4 in the middle section and 3 each in the top and bottom sections. I could easily get a fourth into the bottom section, but a fourth into the top seems like it'd be tight. I haven't played around too much with that, though.

Three in the bottom zippered compartment (pictured open above) is a pretty hard cut-off: the PVC pipe is situated so as to impede a fourth. Three's plenty, though. I threw four into one of the side pockets - two mids and two drivers - and have space for one or two more easily. That's 19 discs without breaking a sweat. Storage space is not a problem with this thing. At all.

img_2431.jpg

People often ask about whether you can get two putters into the side putter pocket. I can, but it's tight - as you can see, the putters get bent together at the top where the pocket joins the bag's main body. It's tight enough that I wouldn't want to store them like that. I don't think it's a matter of having the bag "loosen up" - the fabric isn't stiff, it's just the way that the pocket rejoins the bag. I can fit two fairway drivers into a putter pocket - it's snug, but not excessively so. Pulling one out in such a situation is a bit more cumbersome than ideal, but you can get one out without having to pull them both. Might be fun to try carrying two go-to fairways in there.

The seat on the stool is awesomely comfortable, simple as that. It creaks slightly if I move when sitting on it, but it doesn't feel unsteady or fragile, etc. My wife did the standing test earlier. She pretty petite, but it was still a kick to see.

img_2434.jpg

I like how it sits on the back. The straps adjust pretty easily, so you can loosen them quickly when putting the bag on or off. The bag can easily sit higher than it does in the picture, though to do so it would be too tight for me to comfortably get on and off. It feels good; the weight is well distributed.

Just some initial thoughts - gives me an outlet in lieu of being able to take it out today. I cannot wait to try this thing. It'll really be appreciated during road trips, with the superb amount of storage space. Many, many thanks to Chris for building a quality product that seems to have more than delivered. I hope to be playing with this thing for years!

Well worth the wait, folks. If you're on the fence, pull the trigger!

Has anyone switched from a Grip to a Simian? I know the Simian is bigger, and probably heavier, but I wanted to know which one preffered comfort wise. Seems like a Simian is twice the bag, handmade by the owner for 50 bucks less...I'm thinking I need one lol.

Has anyone switched from a Grip to a Simian? I know the Simian is bigger, and probably heavier, but I wanted to know which one preffered comfort wise. Seems like a Simian is twice the bag, handmade by the owner for 50 bucks less...I'm thinking I need one lol.

I've no experience with the Grip, but it's worth emphasizing how light the Simian is. I think Chris said somewhere that it was 5 lbs empty. I can't attest to the specific number, but while the frame is a bit bulky, it's aluminium. I was really surprised at how light the bag itself was.

Now, keeping it light with all the space for goodies that you have? That's a different story..... :p

Are the putter pockets symmetrical? One looks like it sits lower in the pic above?

Yes, they're symmetrical. I just had one putter pushed deeper into the pocket than the other one. The pockets are pretty deep - fully inserted, the disc is mostly covered up (though still easily accessible).

In fact, the whole thing is symmetrical - both sides have mini pockets, mesh pockets, pencil pockets, etc etc.

I'll comment back on this in two or so months. I just sold the grip with a simian on order.