• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

Popular Mechanics reports that "competition-grade" leather (of about 1.4 mm thick) offered four times the abrasion resistance of synthetic Kevlar/Cordura, and 16 times that of denim.

Good catch with that article, Aim For The Chains! Believe it or not, we've actually looked at leather. Here are the reasons we use 1000 denier cordura instead:

First of all, that 2003 popular mechanics article used a 100mph slide to compare competition-grade leather to a lighter, less abrasion resistant cordura commonly used in motorcycle jackets. They either didn't test or didn't report results for 1000 denier cordura.

In industry standard tests that are more relevant for the kind of abrasion experienced by outdoor gear, our cordura gives 5-48% more abrasion resistant than modern competition-grade leather. That variability is all in the leather tests. Cordura is stronger, more consistent, it's 1/3 as thick, more water resistant, more breathable, and has a smaller carbon footprint. Of course, cordura isn't the perfect fabric--but that's something we're working on developing ourselves. :cool:

Point, counter-point! :clap:

just got tracking info
should be here Fri.:clap:

ok, first off.. wow this thing is sweet :thmbup:

i tried on my fade tour bag, then switched everything over,
then tried on the grip
it felt lighter putting it on and wearing it

i didnt realize how awkward and heavy my old bag was

the new bag has way more room for stuff, and is more compact and comfortable

worth every penny so far :D

Attachments

• A series Grip bag.jpg
    A series Grip bag.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 144

then tried on the grip

played my first round with this new bag today at doubles
and this is one damn nice bag

amazing how light it feels when you wear it
vs.
how you can still feel the weight if you just carry it

i like the way its all laid out also

grip got it right

I heard a nasty rumor that using an iron to attach patches will void the warranty.

Anyone hear this as well?

No nasty rumor, as we've always said, we recommend against iron on patches. Iron-on patches don't work as well as a needle and nylon thread, and they can damage the bag. If you damage your bag with an iron, that damage isn't covered by the warranty.

You can also see the information in the booklet that comes with your bag.
GripEQ booklet said:
Personalizing: Get creative and make it your own! We've seen people do great things with fabric markers, handmade zipper pulls, embroidery, and patches. Using an iron can damage the bag and void the warranty, so use a needle and nylon thread instead! When you're done, snap a pic and post it on facebook.

Your bag is guaranteed for life, but if you damage it while personalizing, we can't fix it for you under the warranty.

Hey folks,

I'm curious to hear from the Grip owners what the general opinion is of this bag for a casual player. I play only 1-3 rounds a week (wish it was more). I don't play tournaments very often but do play in some team challenge during the winter. live in New England so we do snow and rain so I know the rainfly system would be nice.
Currently I have a fade tourney bag (for about 3ish years) with the innova straps. I keep thinking of upgrading the straps to make it more comfortable but then I think, "Well if I'm gonna upgrade the straps I may as well upgrade all of it" I use most of the space in the bag (disc wise), but wish I had more room in the pockets.

I guess overall my thought is, would you recommend this bag for a casual to moderate player?

Hey folks,

I'm curious to hear from the Grip owners what the general opinion is of this bag for a casual player. I play only 1-3 rounds a week (wish it was more). I don't play tournaments very often but do play in some team challenge during the winter. live in New England so we do snow and rain so I know the rainfly system would be nice.
Currently I have a fade tourney bag (for about 3ish years) with the innova straps. I keep thinking of upgrading the straps to make it more comfortable but then I think, "Well if I'm gonna upgrade the straps I may as well upgrade all of it" I use most of the space in the bag (disc wise), but wish I had more room in the pockets.

I guess overall my thought is, would you recommend this bag for a casual to moderate player?

I'm a casual player as well, usually playing 2-4 rounds a week.
I upgraded a while ago from a Innova Competition bag to a backpack style bag (Grip and Spinal Tap) because of back problems and it's made a world of difference. That was really the sole reason I went for a Grip. The competition bag just rode too low on my back. I'm really glad I did it as well.

then tried on the grip

played my first round with this new bag today at doubles
and this is one damn nice bag

amazing how light it feels when you wear it
vs.
how you can still feel the weight if you just carry it

i like the way its all laid out also

grip got it right

Hey folks,

i am just like you, plus a few small tourneys
do it you wont be sorry

Has anyone personalized their A series and changed the colors on the logos yet?

Would love to see some pictures.

Towel spots?

I've got the bag and I love it.... But where is everyone hanging their towels? I haven't found a good spot on the bag to clip my towel where it's attached near the top and can be unobtrusively stored away in the side pocket while attached. The closest I've found is clipping it to the stash pocket behind the grip logo.... But then I can't open and close it to skip bad songs on Pandora :doh: there really should be one in between the pencil pocket and button up top.

I've got the bag and I love it.... But where is everyone hanging their towels? I haven't found a good spot on the bag to clip my towel where it's attached near the top and can be unobtrusively stored away in the side pocket while attached. The closest I've found is clipping it to the stash pocket behind the grip logo.... But then I can't open and close it to skip bad songs on Pandora :doh: there really should be one in between the pencil pocket and button up top.

I use these and I put them in the putter pocket beside my putters. With the putter quiver empty, I put 2 extra towels in a baggie and put them in first, then I put my 2 practice putters in, then I put my normal putter in, then the rag that is being used. With all of this, there is still plenty of room.