• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

How does the storage on the side pockets compare? That's the one thing that might make me sell my L-series and get the new one

Just a little bigger.

FYI, the side pockets LOOK to be just a little bigger (from the height), but they're actually quite a bit bigger when you measure how much can easily be stored. It's a little bit complicated, but the bag shape, (and thus weight distribution, capacity, etc) is based on how tension is drawn across the fabric. On a 3-dimensional axis, where the X, or transverse axis penetrates one side pocket and runs through to the other pocket, the Y, or sagittal axis penetrates the front flap and runs through the back of the bag, and the Z, or longitudinal axis runs from the putter pocket to the base, we dialed up the tension of the fabric between the side pockets and the main disc compartment in the Z-direction, dialed down the tension of the side pockets in the Y-direction, and (related) increased the amount of exterior fabric in the side pockets, by increasing the width between the false seam and and real seam.

On visual inspection, there appears to be a small increase in the size of the pockets based on the increased length of the bag along the Z-axis. Once you try filling the side pockets with stuff, you'll see that they are substantially bigger. That's the exciting thing about it--it doesn't look huge, but carries a lot of stuff. To get the best feel for how it actually works, keep your disc set in the bag when you try it out.

Grip Equipment

cool.

quick rundown of what's in stock as of 4PM EST for anyone interested:

blue/gray - 6
all black - 66
black/gray - 15
red/gray - 19
green/gray -5

In what universe do you pay more money for a name-brand product and expect it not to have a logo?

Seriously...I can't think of a single instance.

Admittedly the graphics for the logos are at least double what they used to be. When looking at pictures of them on the web, the original bag logos look restrained and fit well on the bag. The new logos just look freaking huge.

I buy a lot of clothes at Old Navy, but I don't buy any of their shirts that have OLD NAVY plastered all over the front of them. I don't believe it's a dealbreaker for many, altho it could be, but it is certainly a valid item to nitpick.

Count me in the group that would prefer a darker blue, altho the green is pretty great. Since someone mentioned Florida, I would suggest a royal blue and white so I could toss a nice UK patch on there and make it look right :) Yay team rivalries heh.

PS It should be noted that if the only things some people have to complain about it questioning the height of the pencil pockets and the size of the logos on the bag and the rainfly, then I think Grip did a pretty good job knocking it out of the park. After all, now they could make a limited edition "Old School" bag w/a return of the original size logos and a higher price just for the pleasure of it. *grin*

Last edited:
welp. consider me a convert. played two full rounds today with more discs than i have ever carried before. my back feels great and my shoulders are ready for a third. I love my new A series Grip EQ!

How does the storage on the side pockets compare? That's the one thing that might make me sell my L-series and get the new one

I had a birdie bag and a medium weight xxl hoodie in one of the sides today. I didn't force the zipper. I could have though...

Well I ordered a blue/grey yesterday and they had 4 before I placed my order. Kinda lame they took down that trick. That was actually pretty useful to me.

Yep. Looks like grip doesn't want us knowing what they have in stock :\

The trick that displays what's up on the web isn't a good measure of what's in stock, but it does allow any competitor with a coding background to write a script that can estimate run rate through our website. It also messes with the ratio of cart visits to purchases. That's valuable data around which to build an operations calendar; we'd rather it be as accurate as possible, and keep it to ourselves.

The trick that displays what's up on the web isn't a good measure of what's in stock, but it does allow any competitor with a coding background to write a script that can estimate run rate through our website. It also messes with the ratio of cart visits to purchases. That's valuable data around which to build an operations calendar; we'd rather it be as accurate as possible, and keep it to ourselves.

Seems legit... I got my black /gray. No need for me to keep up on the remaining supply :)

That sucks! How much room is there?
Not much. Working on something now so i can use custom pulls. Dont know if you notice this or not but there is a small gap on the right of the zipper...the current pulls can slide right off if they aren't tight.

8859479352_a9cd137d2f_z.jpg

I have the fix, using same size mini cord for the loop that they use, I have these same zippers on my range bag and they fit just like the original but with my custom colors.

Latest posts