• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

just joined this site to get feedback on backpack bags.... wanting to upgrade not for disc storage per say, (20 more than enough) but for storing my hoodie and xtra towels etc.... main points im lookn for are durability and comfort, the extra storage for hoodies and random crap, and something not too bulky... dare i say sleek ;).... i play pretty often (100+holes/wk) and sad to say am pretty hard on my gear (hence the durability need)... not a big guy 5'10" 165 with an aging back and only carry ~15 discs now (21 plenty!) so nothing like taj needed. looked at quite a few, and got it down to 3: grip A series, voodoo spinal tap and dd ranger (prob in that order)... only concern w grip A series is adequate clothing space in sides, seem durable and comfortable enuf...??... only seen one ranger, loved the space, seemed a lil narrow on straps and possibly hard on back after a long course or multi round day and unfamiliar w dd bags...??... never owned a voodoo bag either but resembles a grip, saw a few demos of it and looked pretty sweet, im concerned w durability bc so unfamiliar w product, even tho approved by one david feldberg ;).... i know the A series is new and ST may not even be out yet but any feed back on

I have a L series Grip and just got a Spinal Tap. The ST will have no problem at all storing 3 full outfits. It's absurd how much you could store in the side pockets compared to the Grip L Series. Not to mention the "hidden" pocket where the putters are. I have 18 discs in my main compartment in the ST and they don't flop around at all. This does include 3 putters and 5 mids.

The L series Grip is a great bag, but don't look for it to store a change of clothes, it's just too small. The ST may be too big (disc wise) for your needs, but it will easily store clothes.

main points im lookn for are durability and comfort, the extra storage for hoodies and random crap, and something not too bulky... dare i say sleek ;)....

Welcome to DGCR!
One of the main goals of the A-series was to increase storage but keep the sleek footprint. It has 9.5 L (580 cubic inches) of bulk storage for extra layers of clothing. Compare that to the Ranger, which has 500 cubic inches of bulk storage. We haven't had a chance to measure the bulk storage of Voodoo's backpack.

Hi Plastic Cannon. Could you email us at [email protected]? Our records show everything has shipped next business day, so if you haven't gotten your email, it's most likely an overactive spam filter. Email us and we'll look it up manually.
Yes, I did email you guys on the 29th but have yet to get anything back. Nothing in the spam folder either. Not worried about it though. Figured you guys have been busy with the new bag release.

I can't believe I just pulled the trigger on the green and grey one WTF!! Will have two Ergos for sale soon :)
Mind you, I only played 14 holes today with it, but it was kind of a pain. Sorry BH :(

Count me in as an official Grip Eq owner. Classy Grey/Black.

I'll post pics after work. I'm really stoked on this bag!

I've been carrying a Grip since they came out. I like all the updates on the A series. The hardest thing to get used to is how it sets "forward" now. I never had a problem with my L series tipping over on the straps like some people complained about. Apparently I always set my L series down a certain way, because now with the A series, a catch myself setting it down and it falls forward. It's no biggie though, I just have to get used to how I set it down. Still my favorite bag I've ever had. We will see if the Ergo replaces it when it gets here soon.

215B3AF4-03C7-4496-872D-25F360FEEE86-15945-0000151591CC8D9B_zps87dce81a.jpg

3E501B4B-60A2-4B4C-A9E8-8019C91CBB8A-15945-0000151597F9E8D9_zpsff2f66d6.jpg

83D7711C-1BA3-49B2-8E4E-3196D028E9DD-15945-0000151593FDCA6D_zps0a600267.jpg

Last edited:
I've been carrying a Grip since they came out. I like all the updates on the A series. The hardest thing to get used to is how it sets "forward" now. I never had a problem with my L series tipping over on the straps like some people complained about. Apparently I always set my L series down a certain way, because now with the A series, a catch myself setting it down and it falls forward. It's no biggie though, I just have to get used to how I set it down. Still my favorite bag I've ever had. We will see if the Ergo replaces it when it gets here soon.

215B3AF4-03C7-4496-872D-25F360FEEE86-15945-0000151591CC8D9B_zps87dce81a.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/...1CBB8A-15945-0000151597F9E8D9_zpsff2f66d6.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/...28E9DD-15945-0000151593FDCA6D_zps0a600267.jpg

This is what I wanted to see, now I can see the minor differences are much bigger than they appear.

Hi Plastic Cannon. Could you email us at [email protected]? Our records show everything has shipped next business day, so if you haven't gotten your email, it's most likely an overactive spam filter. Email us and we'll look it up manually.

Has anyone else had issues getting a hold of Grip customer service lately? I've been trying all week with limited success...someone did contact me on Wednesday by text message letting me know I needed to send an email to [email protected], which I promptly did, but I have not heard anything back for 2 days now. I tried following up with them both yesterday and today with no luck. I know they are busy with the new release but this is becoming frustrating.

Latest posts