• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

They're handmade in small batches. This is a good thing. People need to shut their faces. I just bought a Grip off my buddy, cause he needs something to carry more. I consider myself one of the luckiest dudes ever. Haha.
I know from a discussion on their FB page that the Large Tour bags are made in Taiwan and then finalized somehow(?) here in the states. They say their signature and special editions are still handmade here in the states, but I haven't ever seen the special editions available tbh. There are a few Valerie Jenkins blue versions in stock, but who wants to pay $100 extra for a change of color with a girl's name on it? I might have coughed up the $100, but for whatever silly reason I'd feel emasculated having a chick's name on my $300 backpack. I'll leave that bag to women disc golfers.

No need to buy straps

There is a lot of mention of price here. I don't think anybody has mentioned this angle.

If your a first time buyer who is considering the other style bag of a decent quality lets say it will cost you about $100.00 (yes I know there are good bags out there for cheaper, but work with me here) you also then have to buy straps. Straps are around $50.00 for high end pair. So your up to $150.00 for the other style bag with new straps.

The grip bag is $200.00, $50 difference does not seem like to much.

Having said all that I still think the grip bag and some others for that matter are over priced. But we keep buying them so,,,,,,,,:confused:

I'd say that I carry one more because of comfort and features than style. I don't have one because everyone else does. I have one because it cuts down on fatigue. It doesn't fall over like my other bags did. It carries everything I need it to. Don't chalk it up to fad completely.

No, I get that. I also owned a Grip. I loved it. What I was saying is the style is what the Grip has OVER the other options. Not it's sole draw. The Prodiscus, Physical Flight, and other backpacks will stand up, carry your discs, and ride well on your back just like the Grip will. The Grip just has a level of style that was over the other options.

Although the lack of color options has always bugged me. The Prodiscus offers some damn sexy color options. Other bags also have a bevy of colors available at no charge (the key here). But the design of the Grip is certainly sleeker and more streamlined than most of the other offerings.

There is a lot of mention of price here. I don't think anybody has mentioned this angle.

If your a first time buyer who is considering the other style bag of a decent quality lets say it will cost you about $100.00 (yes I know there are good bags out there for cheaper, but work with me here) you also then have to buy straps. Straps are around $50.00 for high end pair. So your up to $150.00 for the other style bag with new straps.

The grip bag is $200.00, $50 difference does not seem like to much.

Having said all that I still think the grip bag and some others for that matter are over priced. But we keep buying them so,,,,,,,,:confused:

Nice post. :thmbup:

One of the angles I considered as well before I bought mine. Even if you got say the Innova Comp bag ($70-$80) and the low end straps ($25-$30) you are talking over $100.00 for a makeshift backpack. I have read mixed reviews about the comfort of this set up, some like it and others claim it is uncomfortable. Being a 50/50 shot, didnt want to make a $100+ mistake so I opted for a backpack bag instead.

It is important to consider all the factors when making a high dollar purchase. Comfort, style, size, fit, colors, function, etc... In the end pick the one that works for you and be happy. :D

I think another reason for the popularity now is supply. I wanted a Flak, but didn't want to wait. Grip's supply is surpassing other companies with similar prices, so they are running away with the market (for now).

its true! i finally used my grip bag today... got it last week, but all the rumors are true!

while using this bag you throw 50 extra feet... make further putts... and do 4 stokes better than you ever do

thanks grip :)

Ok I got in late to this discussion, but here's my 2 cents...

I love this bag. the quiver putter pocket is great, easily fits 2 putters, can fit 3. side pockets and straps that can hold umbrella and stool, but also have pockets inside of pockets that are really convenient for wallet/phone/keys/energy bars/bagtags/scorecards/pencils. And as for those who say they cannot fit a sweatshirt in there, try a little harder!! It's not the easiest thing to fit in there, but line up the sleeves and kinda roll it up and it will fit no problem, just put it in the less filled side pocket. No real complaints about holding discs and how many it can hold, but I kinda wish it easily held 3 more. All in all, this bag is the best on the market, especially for the price.

I picked up a grip the other day and I am very happy with the purchase. I do have one problem and that is the side walls are warped. I did a search and found that this has happened to a few other people but no comments on how they fixed the problem. I was going to remove the side walls and place them on a flat surface with some weight on top to flatten them out. Does anyone have a better option. Thank you in advance for the help.

1-909-GRIP-TEL (909-474-7835)
[email protected]

I know it sucks to go through contacting them, but you paid $200 to not have to do any duct taping. Just let them know what's up.

I picked up a grip the other day and I am very happy with the purchase. I do have one problem and that is the side walls are warped. I did a search and found that this has happened to a few other people but no comments on how they fixed the problem. I was going to remove the side walls and place them on a flat surface with some weight on top to flatten them out. Does anyone have a better option. Thank you in advance for the help.

I took mine out, flexed them straight a bit, then put them back in the opposite sides. They weren't perfectly straight but they bowed out instead of in and it worked fine.

i totally noticed this too... was this just because they rushed the order? i though that was some part of the design... either way its still comfy and should correct itself over time. by the very least if something breaks on the bag, atleast you can get it fixed with the lifetime warranty

I found this bending issue to be the case for me as well. I did what throwfromthewoods suggested and straightened them and put the in on the opposite side I took them out of. However after putting my discs in there I realized I didnt really carry enough to completely fill it anyway and now I dont mind that they are bent in a little because they hold my discs upright.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Good enough for me. Its a nice bag and I realy like the way the weight is distributed. I always felt like I was being pulled backwards with quads from the weight of the bag. I dont have that feeling with the Grip. I dont carry enought plastic to fill the bag but I noticed a post earlier in the thread that had a person using a round rubbermaid container for waterproof storage and realy like that idea. Overall a great bag looking forward to using it this season since I would like to play in more tournaments.