• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

Demand is high from disc golfers, not the general public. I don't think these bag companies make the profit to keep 1000+ bags in inventory for such a niche market. Make some bags, sell some bags, make a little profit, make some more bags...

There are about a dozen floating around our 50ish local regulars. No touring pros from Central, NY

what? regardless of how unpopular you think disc golf is (who are all these people in my way on the course?) they obviously dont have enough stock. i would love a grip bag, but im not going to hound their website and rush to order when they squeeze a few out.. i probably wont ever own one because of this. you cant operate like a 2 month old unprofitable business forever.

Sorry, you may see a lot of golfers on the course but this is still a small market. Even smaller if you look at who is willing to spend $200 on a bag to carry your plastic around the course.

Any other backpack style bag that you can order any time you wanted?

There are about a dozen floating around our 50ish local regulars. No touring pros from Central, NY

There are probably 30 here in Maine. A local course has some for sale in their pro shop. So many infact that Jason(Justin? sorry, can't remember his name) the founder of the company came to a non-PDGA tournement here in Maine to see what was going on here. Not saying there isn't a market, it's just not a huge one to where you can sit on a warehouse full of bags...

Last edited:
so its either: dont make enough bags, or sit on a warehouse full of bags?

That's the beauty of any retail venture. Whether it's bags, clothes, or cars. Try to find that balanced medium so you don't overcommit profits to new manufacturing, and you don't have a shortage that loses potential sales.

what? regardless of how unpopular you think disc golf is (who are all these people in my way on the course?) they obviously dont have enough stock. i would love a grip bag, but im not going to hound their website and rush to order when they squeeze a few out.. i probably wont ever own one because of this. you cant operate like a 2 month old unprofitable business forever.

sounds like u dont have the money

either way, the fact they only push a few out every now and then keeps the demand up, keep up the good work grip

Started gathering money when i saw them in stock, am going to have enough sunday or monday and theyre now out of stock.... Good thing i sold my other bag :doh:

New to the forum and looking to get a backpack bag, I see a lot of guys carrying these bags. What makes them better than everything else?

8 black, 17 charcoal/black in stock. Grip's effing with us.

FYI, Grip posted this on facebook yesterday:

Grip Equipment
15 hours ago
Hey all, just a friendly note that we always have a bit of work to do to assemble our Tour Bags and get them into inventory, so if you see our basic styles "sold out" chances are high that demand briefly outstripped the inventory we got on the shelves that day. But there is always going to be more up either later the same day or the next day!

New to the forum and looking to get a backpack bag, I see a lot of guys carrying these bags. What makes them better than everything else?

Style, mostly. And trend. It all depends on what features you need/want and your personal aesthetic preference. Grip just manages to offer the best option to the most people.

However, a big part of it is because they were first on the scene with a marketable backpack. The Revo Dual Pack was around, but it was a niche bag for serious tournament players. Once Grip popped up and AJ, Doss, and Valerie were heavily promoting them, they took off for the more casual player.

There are a lot more options out there now. But outside of the people on these forums, most people just don't know that until they see someone sporting something else.

Well I won't go so far as to say they're "better than everything else." Certainly the Prodiscus bag offers more in terms of storage, for example, but the Grip is still an excellent bag, IMO.

Yes, they are stylish and fairly trendy at the moment, but they're functional golf bags as well. And they're comfortable. The bag sits higher and tighter so it doesn't bounce off your ass as you walk. It moves with you as any good backpack should. And because of the way it sits on your back, it feels much lighter than my Discarrier ever did.

Well I won't go so far as to say they're "better than everything else." Certainly the Prodiscus bag offers more in terms of storage, for example, but the Grip is still an excellent bag, IMO.

Yes, they are stylish and fairly trendy at the moment, but they're functional golf bags as well. And they're comfortable. The bag sits higher and tighter so it doesn't bounce off your ass as you walk. It moves with you as any good backpack should. And because of the way it sits on your back, it feels much lighter than my Discarrier ever did.

Pretty much my first impressions, just got my Grip last night and got a chance to test it out around the house. *Note, this is my first backpack bag and I have never tried any other versions from other manufacturers, so I also won't make the claim they are better/worse than anything else as I have no clue.

But, I am very, very happy with my purchase. Very comfortable and stylish while also being very functional. Feels great when fully loaded and on your back, easy to take on/off and sits nicely on the ground when not in use. Lots of smaller storage pockets for misc items, like wallet, cell, scorecards, snacks, etc... It is actually a little more compact than I assumed it would be, which I also like. Feels like a quality build and hope it lasts me for years to come.

Big thanks to the tax lady for getting me a nice refund this year so I could plop down $200 on a quality DG backpack bag. :hfive:

I will post some pics later on, got some zipper pulls on order from Djren (thanks!!) and want to get some rounds in with it to see how it feels in action. Thanks again to the many posters in this thread who helped me make an informed decision with their posts. :thmbup:

sounds like u dont have the money

either way, the fact they only push a few out every now and then keeps the demand up, keep up the good work grip

They're handmade in small batches. This is a good thing. People need to shut their faces. I just bought a Grip off my buddy, cause he needs something to carry more. I consider myself one of the luckiest dudes ever. Haha.

Style, mostly. And trend. It all depends on what features you need/want and your personal aesthetic preference. Grip just manages to offer the best option to the most people.

However, a big part of it is because they were first on the scene with a marketable backpack. The Revo Dual Pack was around, but it was a niche bag for serious tournament players. Once Grip popped up and AJ, Doss, and Valerie were heavily promoting them, they took off for the more casual player.

There are a lot more options out there now. But outside of the people on these forums, most people just don't know that until they see someone sporting something else.

I'd say that I carry one more because of comfort and features than style. I don't have one because everyone else does. I have one because it cuts down on fatigue. It doesn't fall over like my other bags did. It carries everything I need it to. Don't chalk it up to fad completely.