• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

looks like it doubles as a bowling ball.... would like to see if it stands the 'slope test', ya know, you are on an incline and you gotta set your bag down...

If you set the bag down long ways rather than short ways, it will be fine on a slope.

The Simian (which I was a tester for) failed at being oriented short ways on a hill BTW. I would normally lay it on its back on steep inclines.

well to be honest the simian isn't much roomier depending on how many discs you carry. I had to use the side pockets for disc storage when I used it and didn't have anywhere for a hoodie. The sim might have an edge on it being a seat but this bag shows some good thought out options for storage. I'm gonna try something when I get home for hoodie storage. If it works. I'm sold. I just didn't have enough time to look it over completely. The grip does hav a few lil pockets for snacks,scorecards and small trin.kets so that's not an issue. I think both bags have their pros n cons so it's just gonna depend on what the buyer wants. The fact that it has an umbrella holder just makes me giddy. Stool holder and umbrella holder are 2 big pluses to me. To each their own. I like it so far and will have another review once it's on a course.

and thhat troll comment was intendedfor people who had nothing better to do than fuel the fire for the hangups. Bag is here and I love it so far!!

I stick a hoodie in the open area under where the discs sit with no trouble.

As for the Grip bag.... the thing looks sweet!

Thanks for the pics Booter. My Grip arrives tomorrow. Can't freakin wait.

$180 was the preorder price. Not sure if that included shipping though.

Not correct, it was 160. I dont see what the big deal is with the hoodie fitting. If you needed to put one in there you can, its not perfect but who going to carry a hoodie all the time anyways. Your either going to wear it or not. I got everything that I had in my Carolina bag into this one with room to spare. Plus the holder for chair and umbrella is sweet. Drink pockets are very tight and not very accessable when wearing it but no biggie. The putter pocket is ok but still like the Carolina putter pocket better. The stitching looks top notch and overall Im happy

The current "preorder" price through Dynamic Discs is $185 shipped. That comes with a water bottle and lanyard from DD.

I will bw taking more pics of it after work when I have time to actually sit and look @ it. Timko is right,the simian suckwd for inclines so there's no advantage there against the grip. Not knocking the sim as I own both clearly. The grip however,seems to be less top heavy compaieed to the sim that is fairly top heavy. The weight of rhe grip is more centered and lower. I remember j@ saying thays one of the features they designwd specifically so that it wouldn't tip over.

it's got a nice price tag on it but so do most others. Revos are nice but you have to deal with the cage breaking eventually and the top level isn't supported structurely.(sp?) and twnds to sag bwtween levels when packed on top. I owned a dual pack for a short period too before the simian.

it's a nice bag. The stitching looks nice and seems veeysturdy. I can't wait to take it to the course!!.

@mark- I'll let ya know if I find an area to put the hoodie. Coldpunk on dgr removed 5 discs and was able to fit the hoodie in place of the discs. I also heard that it may fit on the sides where the strap is for the umbrella. It's retractible so I'd assume it would fit. I was thinking,where the flap is in front,maybe the hoodie would fit behind it. Granted you would have to open the flap manually instead of it being velcroed shut but it's an area I think a hoodie would most likely fit. Pics coming later with more findings

dd will be selling them for 180 preordered and 200 retail so I've heard when the next order comes in.

yea the hoodie deal aint a deal breaker for me. I already boufht it lol. I'm just trying to find the spots for things that people will ask for anyway.

and timko is correct on the new preorder price from dd. I forvot about the extras

I know a lot of my friends that own the DualPack, and I always felt it was too big for anything I personally need. I tried on Justin's Grip bag when he prototyped it back in April and felt the size, weight, and ride of the bag were perfect for me.

More pics

Coldpunk(quoted from dgr) said:
what'shisname said:
Oh! Also, how would the discs ride if you took 5-6 discs out and put a hoodie or a jacket in their place?

a79b1faa.jpg

200a2491.jpg

b89d72cf.jpg

It rides fine with five discs taken out and a hoodie jammed in their place. The bag has a plastic/foam internal frame just like you'd find in a hiking pack, in the back and sides of the main compartment hidden inside pockets that are sealed with velcro. It helps the bag keep it's shape even when empty.

Also found two D-rings inside the main compartment that could be useful.

Another post coming with slope pics and such...

Even more still

More pics! Slope pics and showing how high it rides when wearing it, also xxl heavy hoodie tucked into the umbrella/stool strap.

02290c7f.jpg

51cdbbf5.jpg

81c5c21b.jpg

e0f46fd5.jpg

ab533f4c.jpg

coldpunk posted some hella useful pics there

it's not resting on the fedex box by using the feet is it??? ;)

Looks sweet guys! Looks like the hole is small-ish to get ur discs out. Do u have to fight or move stuff around to get em' out?...looks like a solid bag.

Looks sweet guys! Looks like the hole is small-ish to get ur discs out. Do u have to fight or move stuff around to get em' out?...looks like a solid bag.

looks bigger than the dual pack. i can't wait till mine gets here.

now I want one because I don't have one. Money is no object for my disc golf addiction.

Get one, just to tease Dave. He was making fun of me for buying one when I had a Revo...yet he has two Revo's in different colors!

Latest posts