• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

That camp is really the only version that looks like its worth more money than the black/black... To me at least. I'll be purchasing a grip for myself for Xmas this year and if they don't produce a unique version like that camo then I'll go for the base model.

Can I ask you gents a question... Is there room to smush an iPad into this bad boy outside of the disc area? Any of the pockets have room?

I'd have to ask a leading question as to why you'd need to carry an iPad out onto a course...but hey, the question is still valid.

The only place that would fit one would by the very top pocket where you see everyone with the putters sticking out. Without the putter strap snapped up, the pocket should be deep enough for an iPad.

I'd have to ask a leading question as to why you'd need to carry an iPad out onto a course...but hey, the question is still valid.

The only place that would fit one would by the very top pocket where you see everyone with the putters sticking out. Without the putter strap snapped up, the pocket should be deep enough for an iPad.
How about the pouch on the front of the main compartment opening?

Just got my Bag today, all the way from Maine.This is my second one, sold the first black and grey and it sucked not having one for 3 months, but this one was worth the search.

7998419822_8c86aa85f4_b.jpg

Sweet bag man! Digging the Cactus series tag! :clap:

Sweet bag man! Digging the Cactus series tag! :clap:

Thanks, are you playing the Shelly Sharpe? I can't wait for some good memorial practice. I got my first bag right before that tourney last year and it did wonders for energy conservation.

The top pocket sounds promising, I'm not familiar with how the putter snap works but the top of the bag seems like a safe place to me. Can this be confirmed? It's probably the only deciding point between this and a mahal for me.

As for the why - I want to use it for scorekeeping and statistics such as recording wind direction, disc choice, distance and have all of the information exportable to a spreadsheet. Also Bluetooth streaming while leaving my phone in the car sounds really good too.

^badman i just checked it out. in the top putter pocket with the quiver un snapped the ipad still stick out about three to four inches. hope this helps. the only place it will fit comfortable is in the main compartment. maybe if you used a divider in the main compartment.

Thanks mrglass. I think the top is actually a good solution here. Ill be using a pretty solid sleeve case, maybe I fashion up a stap with a snap or velcro closure to keep it staying in there nicely.

And using the main compartment may be possible too since I usually carry 15-18 discs so could set something up in there maybe. My only concern there is that it's going to take more beating from being set down if it's in the main compartment - no?

That also begs the question here - what mods have you guys done to your bags to suit your needs a bit more - or - does anyone really do that?

badman the ipad would be fine in the bottom compartment. Mine has been through the ringer in the two years i have had it, including landing on it after a car hit on my bike. no issues whatsoever. I would also say that the case and all that may hinder the use of it on the course. taking it in and out you may not even use it if its not easy. I would trust it in the top to not fall out. As for mods i have only seen the speaker mod and a divider in the main compartment.

That also begs the question here - what mods have you guys done to your bags to suit your needs a bit more - or - does anyone really do that?

Nothing really to "mod" it. Just added a U-channel divider in the main compartment and added a cell phone holder on the strap. I mean, I have patches all over the place, but that isn't really a mod to change its functionality.

Guys, how long from the time that you ordered till you received shipping confirmation? I ordered last week and am getting reeeeal antsy.

Thanks, are you playing the Shelly Sharpe? I can't wait for some good memorial practice. I got my first bag right before that tourney last year and it did wonders for energy conservation.

Not quite sure yet, I'm moving into a new house in the end of November so my weekends have been pretty busy. I hear ya about the comfort of the bag...I absolutely love mine and it barely feels like you are carrying a bag.

Good luck in the SS!

Guys, how long from the time that you ordered till you received shipping confirmation? I ordered last week and am getting reeeeal antsy.
It was four days from confirmation to the day it landed on my door. Next to my daughter being born, it was one of the greatest days of my life......OK, maybe not, but close lol!

Badman, with the putter compartment unbuttoned. I fit three putters no problem. So you should be able to fit it in there no problem (just two putters). I'd pass on the main compartment, because it's already a tight fit with the discs just by themsleves. It might work if you're placing it in like a disc?
I had a Mahal for a short time (just not for me), but if you place the discs going front to back in the main compartment instead of side to side. The Ipad should work just fine in the main compartment and be protected pretty well in this configuration.

the new hotness

Showed up today.

20120921_130753_zpscd908818.jpg

20120921_130829_zps294c6230.jpg

Can't wait to get out and use it. I can already tell that its going to be way more comfortable than the traditional bag/backpack straps.

those pics look much better than what was on their site as far as showing the two tone action.
For sure. The Coal color is more of a gunmetal; has almost a blueish tone to it. It's definitely not as dark as the website made it look.

I also have the Innova U-channel divider coming in the mail, which I'll definitely appreciate using since I don't carry 20 discs. Not sure why they don't make some sort of divider system for it built in (ala Voodoo bags), but if I had one thing to criticize initially, it would be that.