• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ to join the masses?

Peter S

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Join the masses and get the Grip bag. If you have a car made after the year 2001 (last year of the Trans-Am) that cost under 30k I am sure it looks like ever other out there. The front & back may be a little different but for the most part they look like cookie cutter cars. Our cars all look alike, why should our bags be different.

Are the Grip bags that good or is just that they are ready to order unlike most bags. Ranger is too box like. Looks like I will also join the band wagon and get a Grip bag. Every other I like is on back order or they are not taking orders as they dont have any.

Can anyone suggest a backpack other than Grip or Ranger, ready to purchase, no wait, no back order and with top putter quiver/slot?

The high quality (Lifetime warranty), Comfort, and design is why I got one. I've almost forgot I had it on compared to my Fade w/ Quad straps.

Also dont forget that you can get a backpack and make it into a good disc golf bag as well!

What he said! You'll never regret buying a GripEQ.

That said, I tried on a Prodigy bag and it's VERY comparable if not better... but not available yet.

Little soon to make that call

OP: Get a Grip. Literally and figuratively.

Last year of the Trans-Am was 2002. And I only got a Grip because I had payout saved up and they had the bags at a tournament and I needed a bag. If I were to purchase a bag at that time I would have ordered a Voodoo Spinal Tap. After reading many reviews on the Voodoo and carrying the Grip for many rounds, I'm very thankful that I ended up with one. Its very comfortable and easy to carry, and seems like it will hold up well. I did leave the rain fly on for a week or so after a wet round and ripped it removing one of the snaps, so I took a picture and sent it to grip and they sent me a new rain fly immediately. The grip is a great product and they have great customer service, that's why you see them everywhere.

I got rid of my grip l for a denali version...prodiscus small or 20+.

I can't afford a Mercedes and I can't afford a grip. Sucks to be me right. I did own a Leica M6 once, but it got stolen. There goes my life of luxury. I think I'll buy a lat 64 bag.

I got a Grip L frame and Ranger. I like both for various reasons. You probably won't regret getting the grip even with seeing other bags out there. They will all have similar features to the grip if you get a backpack. Just the way it is.

Did you mean to make your screen name your email address? :\

I got a Grip L frame and Ranger. I like both for various reasons. You probably won't regret getting the grip even with seeing other bags out there. They will all have similar features to the grip if you get a backpack. Just the way it is.

Did you mean to make your screen name your email address? :\

Tell me.... What features does the Mahal have similar to the grip?

Tell me.... What features does the Mahal have similar to the grip?

Shoulder straps and pockets. Duh. :D Were those not made prior to the Grip? I guess I honestly never really considered it a backpack disc golf bag. I always put it in it's own class. I actually considered buying one before I settled on the grip the first time around but it was going to take six months before they had them. To me it's more of a giant traditional bag with built in harness and straps.

Little soon to make that call

OP: Get a Grip. Literally and figuratively.

It's not too early to make that call when you've hauled around a fully loaded one for several rounds.

Just sayin'... I love my GripEQ, but would switch to Prodigy if I wasn't on Team Trilogy. The bag is that good. I miss the storage I had in my Physical Flight Contender, but the GripEQ is so much comfortable than any bag I've ever tried... until I tried the Prodigy.

It's not too early to make that call when you've hauled around a fully loaded one for several rounds.

Just sayin'... I love my GripEQ, but would switch to Prodigy if I wasn't on Team Trilogy. The bag is that good. I miss the storage I had in my Physical Flight Contender, but the GripEQ is so much comfortable than any bag I've ever tried... until I tried the Prodigy.
You're not using the gear you WANT to use?

You're not using the gear you WANT to use?

992328417.jpg

The high quality (Lifetime warranty), Comfort, and design is why I got one.

I have the same defense for the Grip bag. I had a DD Commander bag that started fraying on the bottom in less than a year. I was sold once I hear Lifetime Warranty.

I have a spinal tap and I love it.

If the Grip held 5 more discs, it would be perfect. I carry a lot of putters for various shots, and putters take up a lot of room. Other than that, the Grip is the best bag on the market. I'm interested to try on a Prodigy though...

Latest posts