• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] GStar Teebirds

Still waiting for my order but I was able to check out a few yellow ones. Not nearly as soft as previously reported. The softest g star I have seen so far was a green leopard. These yellow ones were actually more firm than every other g star I have held.

I know these disc feel great now, but I'm not buying one until I hear how they hold up in the summer heat. I think they may become too floppy in the summer. I currently don't have room in the bag, and I already have a surplus of Teebirds in the bag. I had a gummy Roc, but I can't seem to use it enough to keep it in the bag, so I am afraid that this disc would be the same way.

I know these disc feel great now, but I'm not buying one until I hear how they hold up in the summer heat. I think they may become too floppy in the summer. I currently don't have room in the bag, and I already have a surplus of Teebirds in the bag. I had a gummy Roc, but I can't seem to use it enough to keep it in the bag, so I am afraid that this disc would be the same way.

Well the weather is still nice down here in florida.. I'll let you know how mine fly this weekend if they arrive by saturday.

I hope people who are trying to flip them get screwed big time.

First of all, who made you the king of disc golf? :)

Second of all, I remember when the Totem Teebirds came out and everyone was saying how crappy they were. People also told me, "No worries if you didn't get them, there will be a stock release". Well, here we are two years later and no official stock Jolly Launcher TeeBirds. Now, those discs are 50+ bucks.

With the new announcement of what molds Innova is running with the GStar not having "Teebird" on it, I suspect that we will be waiting a bit before they do indeed run these.

Or I could be wrong, just like you could be wrong that people will be stuck with these or lose money.

Second of all, I remember when the Totem Teebirds came out and everyone was saying how crappy they were. People also told me, "No worries if you didn't get them, there will be a stock release". Well, here we are two years later and no official stock Jolly Launcher TeeBirds. Now, those discs are 50+ bucks.

With the new announcement of what molds Innova is running with the GStar not having "Teebird" on it, I suspect that we will be waiting a bit before they do indeed run these.

Or I could be wrong, just like you could be wrong that people will be stuck with these or lose money.

Horsman calling himself the king of disc golf? I've never seen that. Good point on the totem teebirds.

I am a bit confused about the animosity of late on these gstar threads. If people are mad, why are they mad at the people who bought some of these discs to resell? I thought people might be mad at innova, or the people who overpay on fb auctions. People who throw discs on there don't make people pay that much, they can't be blamed that people will pay more money. That's my .o2

Innova says: If you are a fan of the jolly launcher material used in the Roc3 and Tern, you're going to love the Brinster TeeBird (in JL).

and from the VS thread sounds like they are similar discs.

In my experience Brinster Teebirds fly pretty much the same as the production stamp JL Teebirds. The main difference is the stamp (obviously). I have a few Brinsters & a few just plain JL Teebirds (all max weight). They all have the same flight characteristics but in general Brinsters seem to have just a hair more fade & feel a little stiffer. The differences are so minor though that both are interchangeable & carrying both in a bag there is clearly overlap.

Just got mine in the mail - two blue. One has a silver stamp and doesn't have a weight written on it... I wonder if it is +175.

Damn, I just don't like scalpers.

And JL tee birds are in production, you just have to look for them.

I also didn't say tat people will be stuck with these discs or lose money. I just hope they do.

Hate is nothing more than the thwarting of that which we love.

You can't take away hate unless you are willing to take love away with it.

Freedom to to love, freedom to hate!

Horsman calling himself the king of disc golf? I've never seen that. Good point on the totem teebirds.

I am a bit confused about the animosity of late on these gstar threads. If people are mad, why are they mad at the people who bought some of these discs to resell? I thought people might be mad at innova, or the people who overpay on fb auctions. People who throw discs on there don't make people pay that much, they can't be blamed that people will pay more money. That's my .o2

How can you be confused?

Do you think people should be happy that a small group of dudes bought a bunch of teebirds to sell at a higher price?

Nobody (I hope) is actually grinding their teeth and smashing their keyboard to bits but it does kinda suck how these things work out.

I have zero ill will towards anyone who buys something to flip but the situation still sucks when I would like to try a few of these discs. It doesn't even seem like a decent way to make money.

How can you be confused?

Do you think people should be happy that a small group of dudes bought a bunch of teebirds to sell at a higher price?

Nobody (I hope) is actually grinding their teeth and smashing their keyboard to bits but it does kinda suck how these things work out.

I have zero ill will towards anyone who buys something to flip but the situation still sucks when I would like to try a few of these discs. It doesn't even seem like a decent way to make money.

:clap::clap::clap:

How can you be confused?

I don't think that is necessarily true, I don't think a small group of people have a majority of the discs. But I guess that is a matter of opinion, but I don't see any evidence that points in that direction.

I believe many people bought their discs to throw, just like I did. Some choose to buy a few extra to trade with friends/club etc. Innova even made a statement on their fb page that

"The majority of our customers do not make purchases in bulk."

I bought a few extra because it was a good deal, free shipping, points etc. So hopefully I can get a couple of the discs for free. It's not like a small minority has all of the discs and is trying to control the market. These things are actually going pretty low in my opinion. Now if 2-3 guys threw down 20,000 dollars and were charging 60-80 for them, that would be a different story.

I honestly think people are pissed that they weren't online at the right time to grab one, and now they don't want to pay that extra few dollars, so instead of blaming Innova they are taking it out on all of the "lucky" guys that took advantage of their good "luck" in being online at the right time.

I just made the comment about being confused about the whole thing, because it seems to me, if you are going to blame someone for not getting a disc, it shouldn't be the other disc golfers. If people insist that someones must be at fault because they don't have a new bright and shiny piece of plastic goodness, it should directed at the right people - the manufacturers.

I got 10

Sold 5 to club mates/friends for 20.00 each, selling the rest on fb auctions. Doesn't really bother me that some people are butt hurt they didn't buy them in time, that's totally my fault~

I got 10

Sold 5 to club mates/friends for 20.00 each, selling the rest on fb auctions. Doesn't really bother me that some people are butt hurt they didn't buy them in time, that's totally my fault~

I do think there is a difference in getting 10+ than getting a ton more, something like 50-100.

I can understand why some shop owners would be irritated about the whole thing, in fact I spoke with a local shop owner in my town and he just said it gets annoying that they are always putting out these limited edition, and new molds and you can't buy them wholesale. Now, the people selling discs for a living, I can see why this would hit home, because money is not going in their pocket.

I'm not a shop owner, so my opinion is probably biased. I bought some extras, but it's not like I bought hundreds.

I got 10

Cept Im not butt hurt because I got some for myself. I just don't like it when people take advantage of the system just to make money.

I don't think that is necessarily true, I don't think a small group of people have a majority of the discs. But I guess that is a matter of opinion, but I don't see any evidence that points in that direction.

I believe many people bought their discs to throw, just like I did. Some choose to buy a few extra to trade with friends/club etc. Innova even made a statement on their fb page that

"The majority of our customers do not make purchases in bulk."

I bought a few extra because it was a good deal, free shipping, points etc. So hopefully I can get a couple of the discs for free. It's not like a small minority has all of the discs and is trying to control the market. These things are actually going pretty low in my opinion. Now if 2-3 guys threw down 20,000 dollars and were charging 60-80 for them, that would be a different story.

I honestly think people are pissed that they weren't online at the right time to grab one, and now they don't want to pay that extra few dollars, so instead of blaming Innova they are taking it out on all of the "lucky" guys that took advantage of their good "luck" in being online at the right time.

I just made the comment about being confused about the whole thing, because it seems to me, if you are going to blame someone for not getting a disc, it shouldn't be the other disc golfers. If people insist that someones must be at fault because they don't have a new bright and shiny piece of plastic goodness, it should directed at the right people - the manufacturers.

A few things

I never said that a minority had all the discs. I just said that some guys bought the teebirds to sell at a higher price. I never implied that a there were a handful of people controlling the g star market.

I think you have about 80 posts in this thread about selling the birds you or your friend got.

So, I'm still not sure why you are confused. It's just kinda annoying to go into a thread about a disc and see a bazillion posts about how much they can be flipped for, when you didn't happen to be online for the few hours they were available. Maybe we should think about discussing how the actual disc works, rather than what the auctions are up to.

Everyone is free to do whatever the hell they want with their money. I don't blame you guys at all, but some bros are going to be pissy about it. That's what a message board is for.

But like you said, it's just a silly game. Nobody should or probably is actually pissed off. Just frustrated. And don't worry, plenty of people get annoyed at innova for this odd way of distributing products.

Cept Im not butt hurt because I got some for myself. I just don't like it when people take advantage of the system just to make money.

can we even classify flipping these teebirds as making money?

can we even classify flipping these teebirds as making money?

Definitely, there are a handful of people that have said that they are only buying these discs just so they can sell them for the highest price they can. They have no intention on contributing to how the discs actually feel or perform.

It's just kinda annoying to go into a thread about a disc and see a bazillion posts about how much they can be flipped for, when you didn't happen to be online for the few hours they were available. Maybe we should think about discussing how the actual disc works, rather than what the auctions are up to.

I'll agree with you on that, it would be annoying to me too, especially if I didn't have one of them. And we probably should have been talking about how the disc flies, but since only a select few had their discs at the time, that was the topic for a bit.

I'm not "trying" to argue. I have a problem with typing before I think things through, I think a majority of people, on most forums do....and I apologize if I rubbed you the wrong way.:)

Latest posts