• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] GStar Teebirds

For what it's worth the plastic feels great, it will fetch a high resell value. But if production runs remain at 17.99, pshhh forget about it. I won't be bagging this disc either way unless they can keep the grip but firm up the plastic. :\

oh i think innova makes that firmer grippy plastic. i think they call it "star"

I will definitely be buying these when the production run comes out, sounds like it will replace my turnover ce teebird

LmLEpUZl.jpg

I got the 4 I ordered today. The blue ones have more metal flake then the blue leo I have but the red have none. Cant wait to throw one this weekend.

Threw my 175g Blue G* Teebird today and my "beat in" star AJ tour series Teebird 172g today. A medium headwind, for some field practice.

The 172g star aj teebird still flies like a teebird. Will not turnover with OAT or strong headwinds. Very reliable to always have a medium-hard fade at the very end of its flight. Every time. Plastic is very very stiff.

The 175g Blue G* Teebird was straight. Straight. More like what you would think of a champ TL to fly like or possibly even less stable. And this disc is brand new (not broken in at all). Very grippy which is nice, but I'm not a big fan of flexible plastic. I'm sure the flexibility in the plastic has to do with it not being very stable. I did turn it over easily with some off axis torque too...

For what it's worth the plastic feels great, it will fetch a high resell value. But if production runs remain at 17.99, pshhh forget about it. I won't be bagging this disc either way unless they can keep the grip but firm up the plastic. :\

I dont understand what wrong with the price point. Its what a buck or two more then stock star. And the point of Gstar is for it to be gummy so why would they firm up the plastic. I think its pretty much perfect. Little to no more added grip than regular star but its nice and gummy.

Both of mine have shipped but will not be here until Tuesday. My third shipment of freebie stuff I bought with my points that I paid the shipping on will be here this Friday though :\

that's unfortunate

is it? i have a bunch of overstable teebirds waiting for a slot in my bag. the metal flakes and cfr glows take forever to beat in. having something that starts out closer to a dx teebird might be nice.

is it? i have a bunch of overstable teebirds waiting for a slot in my bag. the metal flakes and cfr glows take forever to beat in. having something that starts out closer to a dx teebird might be nice.

I agree, the flight of a dx right out of the box is a beautiful thing. If only it would last a little bit longer, maybe these will do something like that. I'm psyched to huck one around.

It kinda of is. I have beat up teebirds for that role. I was hoping this would be a teebird with better grip for the cold.

But I will wait to try before I judge. I have only thrown a g star leopard and I liked it a lot. If the teebirds are similar, I'll be fine.

The flight is pretty similar to my E*TB so far. Both are on the flat side, both are stable in a good way. The g* will hold release angle a bit longer before it starts to fade, for me any way.

Damned if I didn't have to do a daylight repair at the ol' homestead yesterday.

I'm working a half day today and getting in at least 2 rounds before dark. I plan to throw the shiznick out of 2 of these birds (high and low weights) and if something else comes up, too frickin' bad. It's gonna have to wait.

teebirds are hitting facebook this afternoon ...

an orange 175g is nearing $35
a red 175g is at $30

bodes pretty well for re-selling ... hope mine get to CT tomorrow

I have 2 on FB just hoping to make enough to pay for my throwers. I used a lot of points so my cost is under 14.

teebirds are hitting facebook this afternoon ...

an orange 175g is nearing $35
a red 175g is at $30

bodes pretty well for re-selling ... hope mine get to CT tomorrow

Mine will be hitting ebay and the MP tomorrow. And you won't have to bid past $30 unless you want to, plus free shipping.