• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guess what? It's the favorite disc poll time!!!

I know, but I can throw the Groove farther, so I put the Valk as my fairway. Several other people did too...

So your favorite DISTANCE driver is the Groove. Then you choose a fairway driver you like the best, not your second favorite DISTANCE driver. Get it?

RESULTS!!!!

First off, I want to thank everyone for participating in this. We had 250 people respond. That's almost 200 more than last year.

2009 data:
Raw Data
Graphs

2010 data:
Data and Graphs

------------------------------------------

Here's some stuff that I found interesting:

Putters:
- Last year, the Wizard had 6 votes and the Aviar had 29. This year, the Wizard and Aviar both had 50.
- The Challenger also made a big jump into 3rd this year.

Mid-Ranges:
- Last year, the Buzzz just barely beat out the Roc 27-23. This year, not as close, the Buzzz won 94-58.
- The Mako had a good first year coming in 5th just below the Comet and the Core.

Fairway Drivers:
- No surprise that the Teebird won this category, but what is surprising is how much it lost in vote percentage from last year. It got 29.8% this year, but had 43.6% last year.
- The Stalker increased in popularity this year. Last year, the Stalker got just 5.5% of the votes. This year, the Stalker got 12.4% of the votes; over 100% increase.

Distance Drivers:
- Last year, the Wraith and the Destroyer tied with 14 votes, but this year, the Wraith came out ahead of the Destroyer 41-26.
- The two new max-distance drivers (the Nuke and the Katana) had a good first year taking 3rd and 7th, respectively.

-------------------------------------------------

I know there is a lot more to learn from looking at the numbers, but I'll let other people do that. Post your findings here for everyone to see.

And thank you again to everyone.

So when do the polls for individual categories start?

- One Distance Driver - Flick Z
- One Fairway Driver - Banshee Champ
- One Mid Range - Buzzz Elite X
- One Putter - Magnet

I would say its not a bad idea to do the polls for each.

IE if my favorite distance driver was not top 4 (say I picked Katana which was 7th), my vote for second should be taken into consideration. Like if everyone who voted katana, surge or force or whatever was popular thought the destroyer was better than the wraith, the destroyer could still come out on top.