• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guinness World Record Attempt: Most Holes in 24 Hours

c_a_miller

Birdie Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
So I know that this record has been talked about here, and broken several times by members of this board, but I am going to attempt to break Matrix2113's record of 1,310 holes in 24 hours.

The date is tentatively set for May 17-18 at Bobby Ford Park in Richwood, TX.

Just a bit of background of me, I am 20 years old, and I am studying at the University of Houston. I swam competitively for 10 years prior to this, and I actually swam at the collegiate level for one year before transferring.

While doing this, I am going to raise money for Houston Rescue and Restore Coalition to bring awareness about human trafficking. Houston is a major hub for human trafficking, and this is something that I hold close to me. So I hope that you all will support me in any way possible. More details to come. Thanks!

Here we go again...
A worthy cause, not sure if you couldn't raise more $$ a different way (one that appeals to a wider audience to sponsor you), but wishing you luck!

Good luck, it looks like a pretty good course for the attempt. The walk from 9 back to 1 is going to get long by the end of the day but the short hole lengths will help.

Course Hours 6AM to 10PM.......:wall: Good luck with your charity fundraising! You should be able to rack up a lot of holes on that course.

Course Hours 6AM to 10PM.......:wall: Good luck with your charity fundraising! You should be able to rack up a lot of holes on that course.

I already contacted the city regarding that. They gave me special permission to use the park for the entire 24 hours.

What a dumb little course.

Good Luck with the fundraising. It looks like if your shot always landed in line with the pin, you only have to average ~1.5 miles per hour and cover a total of ~35 miles.

The walk from 9 pin to 1 tee cannot be more than 300ft (the entire width of the park according to google maps) and looks to be more like 225-250. This is waaay shorter than the 9-1 transition the last guy had to deal with. If I remember correctly he rode a bike from 9 to 1. The looks like the ideal park to break the record in.

You have to complete the hole just like playing golf. Not sure if you HAVE to keep score but the last guy kept some pretty impressive stats. birdies, pars, boggies, aces, and more.

good luck my man! didn't the record just get set last year? or was it 2012. It doesn't feel like it was very long ago.

Best of luck and I hope your foot skin doesn't melt off like some of the others that have tried. :gross:

Is this running around throwing discs at baskets, or do you have to keep score, mark your lie, etc.?

I think the best way to do this would be to have a 2nd person with you to keep track of everything. You could also just use 2 of the same disc, that way you don't worry about marking your lie.