• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

World Record for Most Holes Played in 24 Hours

That course is really close to me, I have never checked it out though. I always play Griggs. Best of luck if you give it an attempt.

Its a boring course, more of a beginner course. I play Glacier Ridge (hence my username) until the grass is overgrown, then play up at Delaware State Park, and Griggs.

read the thread about the last attempt. That was a young guy in great shape with an army of dozens of helpers and he had trouble walking afterwards. He broke the record, so I am not sure the number you have is up to date.

If you want to give it a shot, there is a lot of awesome information that will help you.

^this.

But if anyone wants to try it, I'm tellin' you: Civic Center is the place to do it.
I can't imagine an actual course better suited to it. Here's how I arrive at that conclusion.

Forgot you mentioned that 3 holer ... I s'pose that could be a better place to do it (although I'm sure you could average under a minute a hole at Civic Center). I know it's a really course, but 3 holes seems kinda lame to say you set a some sort of record... but it appears to satisfy the requirements for Guiness.

Its a boring course, more of a beginner course. I play Glacier Ridge (hence my username) until the grass is overgrown, then play up at Delaware State Park, and Griggs.

I enjoy playing at Glacier Ridge, it's about 15 minutes away from me. Delaware is awesome, I have only been there a handful of times, but played in my first tournament there.

We've got a bunch of David Blane wannabes in here lol, why put yourself through this?

Pretty sure the rules from Guiness say it has to be a 9 hole or longer course. I think someone looked at that 3 holer before as an option and realized it wouldn't work

Lol, after reading what Matrix went through.... He can keep the title... Great work from him, but I bet he is still recuperating lol

Pretty sure the rules from Guiness say it has to be a 9 hole or longer course. I think someone looked at that 3 holer before as an option and realized it wouldn't work

I dont think the rules says that, but it has to be a pdga recognized course, which my 3 holer is not.

I dont think the rules says that, but it has to be a pdga recognized course, which my 3 holer is not.

it no count then! touting a couse the PDGA doesn't recognize for a World Record attempt :thmbdown:

I see no sense in holding a world record that Guiness doesn't recognize. Civic Center = best place to triumph. Just have a couple of helpers keep you loaded with a putter so when you hole out, there's someone waiting for you at next tee to hand you a putter . With 2-3 helpers, at a time, in hour long shifts and say 4 putters, you should never have to carry a disc, but always have one ready at the tee.

Plus as I said, average strokes on this course will be close to 2, rather than 3. Doesn't seem like much, but those all those extra strokes add up over 24 hours. Less strokes per hole = more holes played in 24 hrs.

I'd love to do it, but I'm just too damn old and lazy, but this could be done by a young gun who's in good shape and motivated to do it.

Last edited:

Latest posts