• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guinness World Record Attempt: Most Holes in 24 Hours

He may not have the record anymore, but Donovan to me still gets bonus points for recording his feat in the DGCR scorebook. 167 six hole rounds.
That's quite a feat in and of itself!

So I know that this record has been talked about here, and broken several times by members of this board, but I am going to attempt to break Matrix2113's record of 1,310 holes in 24 hours.

The date is tentatively set for May 17-18 at Bobby Ford Park in Richwood, TX.

Just a bit of background of me, I am 20 years old, and I am studying at the University of Houston. I swam competitively for 10 years prior to this, and I actually swam at the collegiate level for one year before transferring.

While doing this, I am going to raise money for Houston Rescue and Restore Coalition to bring awareness about human trafficking. Houston is a major hub for human trafficking, and this is something that I hold close to me. So I hope that you all will support me in any way possible. More details to come. Thanks!
Good luck, get those volunteers in order ASAP. Remember you need two PDGA officials present at all times for the entire 24 hours - it was that snafu that kept me from going for it last year, couldn't get people to take time out to help me out.

That's a Guinness requirement?
Yes. This is a Guinness requirement. It will be a part of the packet he gets from Guinness when they approve his go for the record. That was what got in my way - I couldn't seem to find a good day where I could have two officials present throughout. We don't have a ton of active officials locally, hopefully changing with more and more golfers looking to play AmNats and such getting certified.

^ seems like an odd requirement for a brewery. I knew you had to be of legal age, but I didn't know your attempt to drink one had to be certified. :p
draught_pint_l.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. This is a Guinness requirement. It will be a part of the packet he gets from Guinness when they approve his go for the record. That was what got in my way - I couldn't seem to find a good day where I could have two officials present throughout. We don't have a ton of active officials locally, hopefully changing with more and more golfers looking to play AmNats and such getting certified.

There is a provision (or was) that you can film the entire thing and they will accept that. There are instructions on how to film it. SO as it was when I did it, it was not necessary to have officials there.

There is a provision (or was) that you can film the entire thing and they will accept that. There are instructions on how to film it. SO as it was when I did it, it was not necessary to have officials there.
This is (at least: no longer) true. Here is from the guidelines they eMail you, thankfully I didn't delete this last year...

GUINNESS Evidence Required PDF said:
7. For record attempts that take place over several hours or days, an unlimited number of witnesses can act as such, but there must be at least two witnesses at the record attempt at all times. Each statement must make clear exactly when that particular witness was 'on duty'.

GUINNESS Evidence Required PDF said:
2.1 Who can act as a valid witness?

1. A Guinness World Records official Adjudicator. An official Guinness World Records representative can be present during your record attempt to verify that the rules have been followed and, if a new record has been set, they can immediately announce it. In this case you might not need to send us some of the evidence listed in points 1–4, as we would already be there!

If you want to find out more about this option, please click on: http://corporate.guinnessworldrecords.com/adjudications_6.aspx

2. Civil law notary. In countries where this figure exists, notary affidavits coming from notaries (who have the legal power to prepare contracts and act as legal witnesses before the law) are an acceptable witness statement. In this statement, they need to mention the result of the record attempt and make it clear that they followed each point of the guidelines. In mass participation records, the notary must verify that guidelines were followed, as well as the number of witnesses per participant, and the final result for the record.

3. Audit company or professional services firm contracted by the record organizers to independently verify the outcome of the record and the following of the guidelines, in a similar manner to the civil law notary option.

4. Qualified or expert member of the international body, association, group of reference, etc, governing the category under which the record takes place (for example, federated sport referees if the record is in the area of a particular sport, or university teachers with expertise in the field relevant to the record). In most cases, as mentioned in the specific guidelines for each record, at least one of the witnesses present in the record attempt has to be a qualified expert in that particular area.

5. In some cases we can accept statements from Police Departments (but not from police officers independently), for records happening in public areas where their presence has been requested. In those cases, they can issue statements and act as official witnesses of the record attempt.

6. In case of mass participation records the official witnesses must count the total number of participants and vouch for the accuracy of the total number of participants claimed in their statements. They should detail the exact method of counting. If the total number of participants is over 5,000, more than two official witnesses are required.

7. In the case of mass participation records, a steward for every 50 participants is required to make sure that everyone is actively participating. Each steward must submit a signed statement with the exact number of confirmed participants. A separate list of stewards must be submitted stating full names, profession, address and phone number.

*We understand that in your particular record attempt it may not be possible to have any of the above-mentioned options. In the event that you would like to propose an alternative independent witness, please read the specific record guidelines for your record and contact us. You will need to receive a written confirmation of this accepted alternative before going ahead with the record attempt.
All of this is listed completely independently of video evidence. You need two official witnesses. A lot of possible options - but PDGA officials are probably the easiest to get if you can get a group of friends to all go about becoming certified.

One bit of confusion: it requires TWO witnesses. And under the section regarding sport officials it states: "In most cases, as mentioned in the specific guidelines for each record, at least one of the witnesses present in the record attempt has to be a qualified expert in that particular area." - I take this to mean that at least ONE of your two witnesses must be an official, regardless of how many of the others you have. So the other person must either be an official, or be from another position on the list. Not that the other person can just be any golfer.

Last edited:
You have some serious guts fella, I played 54 today and my hips are quite sore.

After watching the video of matrix earning the record i had the idea that maybe the use of trekking poles might preserve your leg strength

After watching the video of matrix earning the record i had the idea that maybe the use of trekking poles might preserve your leg strength
They're also one more thing that you have to carry around. That's something to consider when you have to be completing holes in under an average of 65.9 seconds for 24 hours straight and the clock never stops for anything.

I can tell you that my body and arms never got tired. I trained for it of course, but poles are not needed, they will only slow you down. Wearing full body compression UnderArmour will help prevent the fatigue from your muscles taking on the shock from being pulled away from the bone during throwing and getting soar and you never throw hard. You are not trying to throw aces. You are laying up short of the hole. Ideally, you want to score 2's; 1's and more will gain you very little and will actually hinder your progress. It is about rhythm and taking little deviation from your direct route. A straight line from hole to hole is what keeps your time. Throwing 1300+ drives and 1300+ putts needs to be automatic, robotic. Mentally you need to have as few of distractions as possible. You do want to have to worry about scores, rounds, wind or anything but the focus on your footing and pace.

^What he said.

Just think, for every ace run you miss, you now have to walk even further, past the basket, and then turn around to putt again, maybe twice.

BTW, with this, ignore my signature, those throws were mistakes-or directly the result of muscle memory and not an indication of skill.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/disc-golf-world-record-attempt-most-holes-played-in-24-hours

If you wish to donate to HRRC, the link above is the place to do that. I am working on getting incentives for people that do donate. But no guarantees. I do appreciate all of the support from all of you.

I have been training/running. To me that will be the only hard part is being able to walk for the entire time. I am not worried so much of actually playing the holes, just walking them.

Latest posts