• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guinness World Record Attempt: Most Holes in 24 Hours

What's the world record for dumb posts? Is there a lower limit for exactly how DUMB? I mean, what if you just make a whole bunch of just really dumb posts in a row?

It sounds like you're trying to denounce my claim, but you provided nothing to support your case except the mentality of 2nd grader.

Just name the record what it really is: Most Baskets in 24 hours.

Last edited:
It sounds like you're trying to denounce my claim, but you provided nothing to support your case except the mentality of 2nd grader.

Just name the record what it really is: Most Baskets in 24 hours.

Tampora, instead of irritating everyone which you are clearly doing. Why not instead, do the research yourself to find out the answers you keep poking after? It's all out there if you really do care that much. People already tried to answer you to which you defiantly rejected those answers with unfounded statements. Just saying..

Tampora, instead of irritating everyone which you are clearly doing. Why not instead, do the research yourself to find out the answers you keep poking after? It's all out there if you really do care that much. People already tried to answer you to which you defiantly rejected those answers with unfounded statements. Just saying..

If you can point me to the rules that determine what constitutes "most holes in 24 hours", I'm all ears. All I've been able to find is what is written on this site. Thus, I've had to use the answers I've received here to support my position.

I've used the "permanence of holes" and "parks dept" answers that were presented here to show how feeble such a record is. Often times, I used rhetorical questions to get my point across. It's a rather common tactic. I'm sorry if you do not understand or accept that. I also quoted a couple other world records that gamed the system, which were very much not "unfounded".

People are not running from goalpost to goalpost in shorter amounts of time, they're MOVING THE GOALPOST closer and closer together and then declaring themselves faster than the other guy.
If you had just clicked the link that Orolin provided earlier in the thread, you'd have seen that the record holder prior to this most recent one did it on the longest course of any previous record holder, which pretty much debunks this.

dude... they're playing permanent courses. You can't fault them for cherry picking the shortest, most logistically expedient courses to do so. As long as its a legitimate, permanent course, it's a record.

If you don't like it, get your support team together and go for the record yourself at Idlewild.

Quit trolling and let it be.

Last edited:
tampora just leave it alone. Nims has been in the ground for quite some time. It wasn't built for this record. It is just an ideal course to do this at.

If you think the record is so "feeble", why don't you get out there and beat it? If not, why not quit while your behind.

If you had just clicked the link that Orolin provided earlier in the thread, you'd have seen that the record holder prior to this most recent one did it on the longest course of any previous record holder, which pretty much debunks this.

I have checked the link. It does not give any requirements for what constitutes an acceptable course.

dude... they're playing permanent courses. You can't fault them for cherry picking the shortest, most logistically expedient courses to do so. As long as its a legitimate, permanent course, it's a record.

I don't fault them at all. It's smart to game the system to get whatever advantage you can. What isn't smart, as Guinness has done, is attempt to monitor a world-record with no clearly defined definition for what constitutes an acceptable course.

What anyone feels is permanent and legitimate is only an opinion. A concrete and measured number of holes is not opinion at all. You can't use an elastic ruler to get precise measurements.

If you think the record is so "feeble", why don't you get out there and beat it? If not, why not quit while your behind.

Yes. I think the record is feeble, thus I would not want to beat it or support it in any way. If the record had ANY means of conformity, I would support it.

The world record of most languages spoken by one person: over a hundred. Did they know every word in the language? Absolutely not. So, how many words must you be able to use in order to qualify as knowing a language? Would only 1 word count? Certainly not.

There must be a line between unacceptable and acceptable. Declaring something as "permanent" or "legitimate" holds no water unless you clearly define your terms.

Last edited:
There must be a line between unacceptable and acceptable. Declaring something as "permanent" or "legitimate" holds no water unless you clearly define your terms.

You're clearly the expert, so by all means, please clearly explain to us what does/doesn't constitute having established a new world record for most holes played in 24hrs...since playing a "permanent" course seems to hold water like a siv.

Conference call's putting me to sleep, thought I'd feed a troll some :popcorn:

Last edited:
Wtf is going on with all the hate. Everywhere on this site. We all need to step back(including me) and read what is posted. Tapora brought up a legitimate point. Why can't we build a course to beat the record? Nothing is stopping us.

On the other hand, that's not the case in this scenario. This should have had its own thread rather than bashing a good cause. We should have a distance requirement but as of right now we don't. Take it easy guys.

Here are the exact rules from Guinness;
Z7cOTvM.jpg

Here is the course link via PDGA: http://www.pdga.com/course-directory/course/bobby-ford-park I would say I am following the rules exactly as they say it.

I start Saturday at 9 a.m. CDT. :)

Wtf is going on with all the hate. Everywhere on this site. We all need to step back(including me) and read what is posted. Tapora brought up a legitimate point. Why can't we build a course to beat the record? Nothing is stopping us.
Guinness is likely stopping us. I'm pretty sure guideline #1 in the post after yours would pretty much nix Tampora's idea.

And even if it didn't under current guidelines, they'd likely add a minimum distance clause if somebody tried.

The thing is, with a record like this, the length of the course's walking loop (which not only includes the hole distances, but the distances between each basket and the next tee is probably more important than the actual course distance as the clock never stops.

The thing is, with a record like this, the length of the course's walking loop (which not only includes the hole distances, but the distances between each basket and the next tee is probably more important than the actual course distance as the clock never stops.

Really good point, that's what makes Mike Sale's previous record so impressive, there were two long walks involved that added several miles to his total walking distance.

Really good point, that's what makes Mike Sale's previous record so impressive, there were two long walks involved that added several miles to his total walking distance.

Luckily, he was able to ride a bike from hole 9 to hole 1.

You gonna wear a pedometer Cody?

Be cool to see how much distance you actually cover.

Good luck. I am contemplating whether to attempt or not to break Alan's record for most unique holes in a day. This is from civil sunrise to civil sunset in one day. I believe his record is 380 holes. What makes this a difficult record to break is that you always have to factor in traveling from course to course, making sure you hit enough courses since the record is about unique holes. I believe he did not consider short and long tees two separate holes, so even if he played one set of tees he did not play another round on that course to double count it.

I already have it mapped out how to get to 395, but once I take out the time spent on the road (according to google maps driving time), I have to play on average a hole every 1.61 minutes. The trick to get value for your driving time is to hit as many 9 holers that are as close to each other as possible, but to start and end the day on the largest courses possible. Playing an 18 can be quicker than playing a 9 and then driving to another 9 hole course. The 18 holers around here are large enough where a 1.61 minute per hole average may require some serious running.

Unlike a 24 hour endurance record where you would likely get permission to close down the course for a day, I cannot close down the 30 some courses I am going to hit. I am going to have to find a schedule that hits courses when they are most empty and even then be willing to play through groups whether they like it or not. That means I am going to need plenty of helpers, from spotters to drivers to people who can run ahead and warn groups that I am playing through (and really should not cause them any delay).

I am thinking of starting at either Blue Ribbon Pines (27 holes) or Kaposia (26 holes). As long as I keep it in the fairway, and since scores does not matter, I can run through both courses in less than 50 minutes. At 5:30am (civil sunrise for my scheduled day), there should be no one else on the course. That is just over 2 minutes per hole, but I know of several smaller 9 holers on my itinerary where I play 9 in about 10-12 minutes. As long as I have a driver with the car ready to go in the parking lot when I am finished, allowing me to rest between courses, I do not think I will have any troubles running these courses.

Again, good luck with your record.

I am contemplating whether to attempt or not to break Alan's record for most unique holes in a day. This is from civil sunrise to civil sunset in one day. I believe his record is 380 holes. What makes this a difficult record to break is that you always have to factor in traveling from course to course, making sure you hit enough courses since the record is about unique holes. I believe he did not consider short and long tees two separate holes, so even if he played one set of tees he did not play another round on that course to double count it.

I already have it mapped out how to get to 395

There's a thread or 2 around here where we discuss this. I have a couple-few very favorable routes in the Charlotte area that I have mapped out, and there have been a couple new courses added even since then.

The "most different holes in one day" isn't a "Guinness" record, but that's okay. I like that it's twilight to twilight, and not a 24-hour record. That greatly simplifies things and greatly lessens the odds of trespassing when courses are closed.