• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] H4 ** talk/reviews

Blunt noses like the eagle, firebird, H series, and too many others to post are so extremely durable, they last forever. They're more comfy in hand and fly exactly the same way as pointy rims with higher sitting wings, hence why they get so much love. And they roll so well! Yes of course the H1 and H2 have blunt noses lol.

I just got mine in the mail....it is soooo sweet, Super flat, heavy on the rim, feels good in the hand. Only thing is that I wish it was in 400 plastic, the 750 is far too stiff for the winter, but...we'll see

Got to throw mine a bit the other day. Feels great in the hand. To me it feels like a wide-rimmed midrange. First throw with it I smashed the basket. Tested it along side my f1, f3, and f5. I was able to throw it a bit farther than the f series although I never gave it full power. Flies relatively straight when thrown flat with gentle fade at the end. Didn't max it out yet to see how far it would go but it was going easy 350 with about 75% power.

*keep in mind when that I play at 5300ft elevation so discs fly more stable here than at lower elevations*

I plan on getting a full afternoon of testing today. It is going straight in my bag to take the slot where I used to throw Z Stalkers.

Sweet^^ I am going to Blue Ribbon Pines on Saturday morning and I plan on using the H4 a bunch. I hope it flies well and hope it's going to be an asset in the bag. Only thing I am worried about is the 750 plastic as its very stiff and slippery in the winter. We'll see.

Sweet^ 23 discs in Signature and 23 aces:D

I thought the F2=Banshee,F3 is eagle, F5 is eagle-L?

If its a faster Leo and flips to laser straight start to finish, they'll sell a million.

Sweet^ 23 discs in Signature and 23 aces:D

I thought the F2=Banshee,F3 is eagle, F5 is eagle-L?

If its a faster Leo and flips to laser straight start to finish, they'll sell a million.

The Banshee is more over stable than the F2, the F3 is closer to a Star TeeBird, and the F5 is a tad faster/straighter Leo IMO. Now as far as the H4? I have no idea.

Hmm, the F2 I have is not nearly as OS as a Banshee. Mine is more like a slightly beat in TeeBird (or maybe an Eagle-X although I've never thrown one). The F1 I have might qualify as Banshee-stable. Since I've only thrown a Banshee a handful of times, I think of it as more like a Brinster TeeBird, which I'm much more familiar with.

Hmm, the F2 I have is not nearly as OS as a Banshee. Mine is more like a slightly beat in TeeBird (or maybe an Eagle-X although I've never thrown one). The F1 I have might qualify as Banshee-stable. Since I've only thrown a Banshee a handful of times, I think of it as more like a Brinster TeeBird, which I'm much more familiar with.

Are yours proto or regular production stamps?

OK so I got out and threw the H4. I have a 174g. It's super flat.
First thing I noticed, it's more stable than I thought. I did get some turn on it, but slightly, mostly held straight then cut hyzered. I cuts a hard hyzer at the end, but it just sits and dies. The 750 isn't good for the winter, but not terrible. It is not a flippy disc by any means. More like a wider/flatter F3. I hate to say that I was disappointed, but it was not at all what I expected it to be. I hope an H5 comes out, because that's likely what I was looking for. BUT, It's unique and its fairly controlled with moderate distance and little squirrely movement.

We'll see how it breaks in over time, especially with the weather. So far I rate it something like 9 4 -1 3 ....thats just how it felt to me. this time.

OK so I got out and threw the H4. I have a 174g. It's super flat.
First thing I noticed, it's more stable than I thought. I did get some turn on it, but slightly, mostly held straight then cut hyzered. I cuts a hard hyzer at the end, but it just sits and dies. The 750 isn't good for the winter, but not terrible. It is not a flippy disc by any means. More like a wider/flatter F3. I hate to say that I was disappointed, but it was not at all what I expected it to be. I hope an H5 comes out, because that's likely what I was looking for. BUT, It's unique and its fairly controlled with moderate distance and little squirrely movement.

We'll see how it breaks in over time, especially with the weather. So far I rate it something like 9 4 -1 3 ....thats just how it felt to me. this time.

I'd give it more of a 9 6 -2 2

I Haven't thrown mine too much yet due to a recent minor back injury but yeah im looking forward to trying it out some more. It seems kinda similar to my stable sidewinders

Last edited:
I went back to Valkyries for this shot. I didnt really like the H4, Not bad, and I may give it a shot later on, but really, i love my innova speed 9 combos

Latest posts