• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Had my doubts but it turned out AWESOME!!

I dont know about first throw, but I have had a few discs that were "Meh" the first few throws to where I could live with or without them, or so I thought, but soon found how much I liked them.

The Eagle was one of my first discs when I was a TDD and I actually didn't like it at all. Now it's my favorite driver. *shrug*

Blowfly. A friend gave me his. I found it too floppy. It joined my pile of practise putters. After a year of practising with it, I decided to include it in my bag because it is $$$.

Meteor actually.... bought it as one of my first discs, loved it for a minute then just lost control of it... after tuning my game for a year or so, threw it back in my bag and was instantly DA MAN

The Mako.

I was at the USDGC two years ago chillin with my bro Steve Rico and Josh Anthon. They had just got their player packs which had a star Mako in them. They started making fun of the disc... saying it looked and felt like crap. I had to agree, because it did feel a little bit clunky in my hand.

Steve tossed me his and said "here, keep it". I didn't necessarily want it, but took it just in case I could trade someone something for it. Josh wanted to give me his, but I told him to keep it and give it to some newby at his home course.

A few weeks later I decided to take it out to a field and see how it flew. Money!!! It held the line I threw it on right out of the box. I called up Steve and said, "That Mako's the ****! Thanks."

DSCJNKY

gazelle. cant stand the pro and dx...when someone suggested i try a champ glo, i scoffed. turns out its a COMPLETELY different disc. its the bees knees for laser line drives where my mids would take a lot more juice (and where i would, in turn, sacrifice accuracy) to get there.

why dont ya like the kc ones and dx gazelles? I got one of the CFR ones and didn't like it at all, it's a completely different disc. imo, gazelles don't make sense in anything other than dx

Elite X Buzzz that I found in the pond at Cedar Hills (no info on it). It stayed in my trunk for at least a year (maybe more). I finally decided to throw it and, like a lot on here, haven't looked back.

Firebird. I was in Cincy playing with Ripper and he suggested it at a course and I said not now, but when we got to the next course I put it in my bag just to put it in there. He suggested I throw it on a certain hole, I did and it was awesome. I think I ended up using only that driver for all my drives for the rest of that course and most of the other courses lol.

Warlock

warlockLSD.jpg

I won this disc for a CTP in a tourney. It's a stiff putter. I can drive with this thing! It's beat in now but it's still a long, straight flyer with minimum fade. Freebie & it's in my bag now for good. Gotta love it!

The Mako.

I was at the USDGC two years ago chillin with my bro Steve Rico and Josh Anthon. They had just got their player packs which had a star Mako in them. They started making fun of the disc... saying it looked and felt like crap. I had to agree, because it did feel a little bit clunky in my hand.

Steve tossed me his and said "here, keep it". I didn't necessarily want it, but took it just in case I could trade someone something for it. Josh wanted to give me his, but I told him to keep it and give it to some newby at his home course.

A few weeks later I decided to take it out to a field and see how it flew. Money!!! It held the line I threw it on right out of the box. I called up Steve and said, "That Mako's the ****! Thanks."

DSCJNKY

youre a witch with the mako.

why dont ya like the kc ones and dx gazelles? I got one of the CFR ones and didn't like it at all, it's a completely different disc. imo, gazelles don't make sense in anything other than dx

because i hit one tree and they fly like wounded ducks. i know i know...dont hit trees.:eek:

i like the champ glo because of how straight it flies with so little on it and because of its durability.

I'm wanting to try a Stalker but I'm nervous because of some negative feedback I've seen. What do you like about it, bcr?

/thread jack

I'm wanting to try a Stalker but I'm nervous because of some negative feedback I've seen. What do you like about it, bcr?

/thread jack

its not a bad disc, its just that there are better discs out there. People loved them at first, but then they just found themselves going back to their old faithfuls. It is a nice disc, just not one to build a bag around.

Also I want to say that I didn't expect a lot from the comet. I just decided to try it out... I think I bought it from the guys at Hazey Shade in dayton... but yeah, I'm planning on dying a Roc carrying a comet on my mids...

Buzzz
I had been throwing the CE QMS and was never happy
tried a friends Bar Stamp Z Buzzz...loved it...completely addicted

and the Ringer
couldn't find a putter I liked after trying like 10 different molds but I haven't looked back since

I don't think I have a situation like this in my drivers but Eagles might be close

I would have to say my Buzzz is my favorite go to disc. For the first 2 years of playing I always used my Leopard as my mid-range. But I asked my mentor, Apothecary what I should pick up one day and he said a buzz, so i did. Not a round goes by where it is not used......

That's funny I used a Leopard as a mid for like 6 years.

I was deadly with that thing until I lost it... now the mold is out of the bag completely.

Wizard (Evo is my preferred plastic)...I thought, "NO WAY a disc could live up to the hype it gets on here."

I was wrong. I love it.