• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hall of Fame Probability?

ChrisWoj

Common Core Crusader
Silver level trusted reviewer
So lets look at the under-30 crowd. I believe Doss is still a part of this group, and he's in the lead after one round at Worlds and he's the one that led me to this thought... Who in the under-30 crowd has the highest chance at being a Hall of Famer? Who is a flash in the pan?

For example: Nate Doss, in my eyes, is a lead pipe lock. Three-time World Champ, US Champ, many NT wins. He's a 100% guy.

Where do others stand?

Avery Jenkins will probably get in because he won the 2009 world championships and has served on the PDGA Board of Directors.

I also think Peter Shive will get into the hall of fame because of his legends titles and his service on the board of directors.

*scratches head* When did Avery, the Beard, the Ricos, and Shive all revert back to sub-30 years old?

The only lock I see, like you, is Doss. For the under 30 group.

Will, and Paul are making strong cases too. (Although Will still needs a "ring")

I honestly don't know which of them are under 30.

There are three men that have World's or USDGC's (other than Doss, who like you said is a given) that seem young to me so I would expect they would rate the highest. I have no idea how old any of the Women who have won World's and/or USWDGC are, but I'd start there to rate them as well.

Wow, 4 of the first 5 choices didn't even fit with what the OP asked!
Maybe I should not be surprised?

I think McBeth, Wysocki and Shusterick will make it.

What was posted:
Who in the under-30 crowd has the highest chance at being a Hall of Famer?

What people read:
Who's your favorite player and why should he be a Hall of Famer?

One of the things about the Hall of Fame is that a lot of the people who are in are in more from a promotional standpoint than for their play. In the early days it made sense since pretty much all of the early great players like Tom Monroe and Snapper Pierson were both. At some point they probably have to split that up and designate who is in for their play on the course and who is in for their contribution off the course. Right now the way people get in, somebody who is a longtime TD that no one is going to think of in this conversation has a better chance of getting in than a kid like Wysocki that has tons of on the course talent but has not actually won any big events yet

Dunno why but I don't see Wysocki getting to hall of fame. Doss will be there with Mcbeth and Shoestrings.

I am under 30 (for a few more weeks) and feel that I have a shot at the Hall. Seriously.

Not currently or anytime soon, however. And certainly not for my play.

I am under 30 (for a few more weeks) and feel that I have a shot at the Hall. Seriously.

Not currently or anytime soon, however. And certainly not for my play.
Exactly what I meant. Robert is exactly the kind of guy who has been getting into the Hall of Fame. Players? Not so much, unless they have also TDed a bunch of events.

I think Des Reading is a lock when you combine her talent and the work she has done for the game through EDGE.

But under 30...probably Nate is probably the most likely at this point. He is second place on the world title list and one of only 4 to win a worlds and a USDGC.

I also think Val will get in.