• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Harp vs Zone

Harp or Zone

• Harp

Votes: 107 34.5%
  • Zone

Votes: 171 55.2%
  • Both

Votes: 32 10.3%

• Total voters
Thanks for the info. Love the name.

I think I really need an os disc for short flicks. Sometimes the zone is not enough but the gator is too much.

The Sobek has more LSS than the Gator so it might not be what you are looking for there.
I am really proud of the name though :thmbup:

What plastic Harp is the most OS in your opinion?
If you want base plastic, definitely the Soft Harp. For premium, VIP is a little more OS than the Soft, but beats in to being fresh Soft stable pretty quickly. I've not yet checked out a TP Harp, but will definitely be grabbing one to check out as they're supposedly the most OS of all of the plastics.

I am always on the hunt for a massively overstable putter and have tried the Zone and Harp in base plastic. I liked the Harp so much better I got one in premium plastic. I think it is Lucid and it is the realest. It's not quite a Pig but it gets the job done.

What plastic Harp is the most OS in your opinion?

The flexibility and usefulness of the Harp in your words mixed with the various plastics make it seem like it gets used allot. Where as the zone is a one trick pony, however it's arguably the best out there at that utility role.

Both are good, I appreciate your insight into the Harp, as I've never thrown one. Yet...

In order of stability for me:
VIP>TP>Soft>Medium>Hard

The hard I've had seasoned quite a bit (6 months or so of hard use) and it will have the slightest of turn at 275' of power, and will hold straight for almost all of it's flight until the forward fade at the very end. It will also hold an anny line almost to the end when it slightly pans to settle nicely. I don't horde many discs, but I definitely have a fair share of harps because of what I can cover with them

"All the different shots I can cover with them" has never been the reason I keep a zone in my bag. But for hyzers, skips, flicks and flexes, it can't be touched.

I bagged a Zone and loved it. I used it for overhands, flicks, and backhand approaches from 200' in. I traded for a VIP harp and that's bagged now. I like the Harp better for backhand drives and approaches as I don't have to play the ample skip that the Zone has. It sticks. I don't like the Harp as much for the forehands. It's not as comfortable as the beadless Zone and the skip is actually not as big a deal on the forehand as it helped me range them better. The overhand is a wash as both are adequate for that type of shot when needed. I'm going to keep the Harp for now as I like the better plastic options and it seems the Zone mold might have changed as it's harder to find the board flat or puddle topped ESP's now.

I don't like the Harp as much for the forehands. It's not as comfortable as the beadless Zone and the skip is actually not as big a deal on the forehand as it helped me range them better.

I'm going to keep the Harp for now as I like the better plastic options and it seems the Zone mold might have changed as it's harder to find the board flat or puddle topped ESP's now.

I agree with both of these sentiments, but I have gotten used to the bead on the Harp when throwing forehand. Rarely am I flicking the Harp more than about 80%. Unlike backhand where I generally prefer to throw hard any shot that is over 200 and let the disc do the work, with forehands I generally prefer to use a little more touch. Maybe because my form is not as great and I tend to roll my wrist if I throw too hard.

I love being able to get the Harp now in both styles of premium plastic fairly easily, although I haven't tried the TP yet. And having multiple blends of the more base style plastic is also a plus. Although too many choices can be a bad thing, I think this is just the right amount.

I always carry a zone.
The harp feels too deep for me to throw comfortably.
Also, if I need a little longer, I use my Buzzz os.

I use both (albeit in different bags).

I like the Zone for just about anything forehand thanks to the shallow profile. The Harp feels a tad deeper and is more comfortable for me as a backhand disc. On the same token, I feel much more comfortable using the Harp as a windy day putter. I don't think I could ever actually putt with the Zone.

So they're definitely different, and each has their merits. Only the Zone has a spot in my primary bag though, so it gets my vote.

harp

I voted harp.
I use them in all plastics, bt hard for putting. seasoned bt medium for driving/ up shots and flicks that wont flex out. tp or vip for sidearm approach/drive. the zone feels like a midrange to me.

if your looking for more usefull fade and larger skips the zone is a much better choice imo. but if your looking for a low glide overstable point, crush and sit disc. the harp drops dueces on the zone. imho and the 5 different plastic options help too.

I use a BT Medium Harp and a VIP Harp. The Medium new is what I use the VIP for now. Super OS headwind or stable approaches and off the tee. The medium has seasoned extremely nice. I can throw it HARD with hyzer and it has great HSS and will just go dead straight or slowly drift to the right and the LSS drops off as it beats in so it finishes very straight.

I bag both. Throw the harp a lot more, but don't think they are at all alike. Harp is an overstable putter, great for putter drives and approaches. Zone is a meathook that is best for forehand flicks, and trouble shots. The harp is much more generally useful, but not as good for the specific zone uses.

If bag space was an issue I would buy a bigger bag to still carry both. THe Zone might only get thrown once a round, but I need it for that throw.

I bag both. VIP Harp is for more OS approaches/driving, and the Zone is for OS midrange and forehand flicks. Zone is my get out of trouble shot. I don't like using the Harp for that, it just doesn't work for me.

To me the Zone is more like a mid range and the Harp is more like a putter. But, I know that people would flip that and disagree.

The Harp is one of the only new molds that I've added to my bag for years and has saved me a ton of strokes. It's great in the Midwest wind and excels at forehand approaches and upshots amongst other things. I've converted many people to this mold after they see it work. I'm using BT Hard but am planning on trying the different plastics ASAP. Truly a great disc. :thmbup:

Here are a couple crappy ones...

Puddle top ESP Zone on the left, VIP Harp on the right:

20150804_155940_zpssuafvc49.jpg

20150804_160034_zpsjew2xdj8.jpg

How does the Jawbreaker Zone compare to BT harps?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I bag both currently. Two hard harps (fresh and beat), one flat top z zone. My beat harp will actually turn then fade. I use it for short forehand upshots that I flex on a shallow s line. I use both harps for backhand drives that need to go straight then fade.

I use my zone for short range forehand and backhand hyzers. Thaatttsss pretty much it. Oh, and skip shots.

The harp has better glide, the zone has beefier lss. The harp is slightly faster, the zone is skippier. The harp is more versatile, but the zone is the best at what it does.

Zone > Commie plastic.

But seriously I much prefer the Zone. Lots of plastic options, I find it more comfortable in the hand, more overstable, beats into great driving putter.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts