• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has DGCR Peaked?

Though annoying at times DGCR is the first place I go for disc golf news. Also disc golf courses are another passion of our sport and can you imagine trying to plan a road trip without this site. Has DGCR peaked... I don't think so.

Well it doesn't appear you've played anywhere, so that makes sense. I've used dgcr to plan disc trips for over ten years and can't imagine any other site providing as much useful information.

Just because I don't log it in here doesn't mean I don't play a lot of courses. I was a Flyboy all last weekend.

Compared to some of the jamokes that foul up our local dg Facebook page, this place is a breath of fresh air most days.

You know when I started this thread it was a zero% serious question. I was just kind of poking fun at the "Has X Player Who Is Still A Pro And Way Better Than I Ever Will Be Peaked?" trend going on, wondering how far it would go, pointing out that it's all kind of ridiculous... I regret what I have created. Shut it down. I'm going to go eat some bbq and call it a day.

Has DGCR jumped the shark? ...become a dying remnant wearing a mask to hide the dark apathy beneath

Last edited:
You know when I started this thread it was a zero% serious question. I was just kind of poking fun at the "Has X Player Who Is Still A Pro And Way Better Than I Ever Will Be Peaked?" trend going on, wondering how far it would go, pointing out that it's all kind of ridiculous... I regret what I have created. Shut it down. I'm going to go eat some bbq and call it a day.

With great power comes great responsibility. :)

Just because I don't log it in here doesn't mean I don't play a lot of courses. I was a Flyboy all last weekend.

Did you get to meet James Franco?

iu

Not trying to troll you joshhyzer, but MARK YOUR COURSES PLAYED!!!!!, if you feel like it. If chuck Kennedy can do it, you can too.:thmbup: You can do it. You are very lucky that The Prerube isn't around much anymore and conner's in Australia., very lucky.

Last edited:
Not trying to troll you joshhyzer, but MARK YOUR COURSES PLAYED!!!!!, if you feel like it. If chuck Kennedy can do it, you can too.:thmbup: You can do it. You are very lucky that The Prerube isn't around much anymore and conner's in Australia., very lucky.
I think Connor was eaten by a wallaby. I mean, there is Internet in Australia.

Random thought about DGCR: When it started in 2007, I threw every new disc that came out and could pretend like I knew a lot about golf discs. Fast-forward 12 years and there is a popular three-company disc manufacturer that I ignore (basically because the fanboys are annoying) and Innova released a disc (Corvette) that I've not only never tried, I've not paid attention enough to it to even know what kind of disc it is. OS? US? Fairway? High-Speed? Who knows, I don't care. So much for pretending to know a lot about golf discs.

Well since we are longing for the by gone days of Prerube and Frank D lest we forget Midnight Biker.. Changes aren't all bad, at least Jukeshoe is still around and Threeputt... I wish Mike C was more active..

I do go digging from time to time for Frank D stuff when I need a laugh. He had good advice and turned trolling into an art form but took it too far one day..

"Frank D went mad trying to throw a Comet into the sun".
(Can't remember who but best. line. ever.)

Last edited:
Come on. You guys sound like old fogies who feel that their day has long passed.

It's a good thing that this site gets lots of fresh blood regularly, because it would quickly go into museum mode without them/us.

And, the Corvette is just another Destroyer clone like every driver has been since 2006. Or, maybe it's awesome, and will be a staple in people's bags. Why not both?

When I look at the number of posts being submitted on these forums each day now, compared to 10 years ago, it looks to me like this site is thriving. And, I keep coming back, so it's got to be pretty good, since I have very distinguished tastes. ;)

Latest posts