• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Will Schusterick peaked?

The older guys seem to throw more US stuff, it just seems to be the natural progression. There are some older local guys that still try to the DS and such in that area, and at times they get a good hit, other times it's just sad watching their dumb founded expression trying to figure out what went wrong. And then you have the guys that throw beat to hell Bosses and DS's and brag about being able to throw the higher speed discs, but in reality the stuff they're throwing might as well be a Mamba.

I don't think you'll see many pro's, if any in their prime throwing neutral or US stuff. But on a side note, hasn't Mcbeth been throwing a Daedalus more? It's not crazy US, but technically by flight numbers...

Last edited:
Looking at the DD player bios they all throw atleast one US driver and most are throwing xyz mold which flys 4 different ways and dont bag abc molds. In reality they still have a US destroryer or whatever.

Having seen cale play here personally at courses like BRP he throws some mean hyzer flips and its not with OS discs lol.

Go frolf.

Aim, your "lol" came off as sarcastic, but hearing you defend the statement so vigorously makes me think you might actually believe that it's true. Like several others, I think you're dead wrong. Given such, can you name any Lat64, Westside, or Dynamic Discs top pro, who throws any amount of the US stuff -- the stuff right of the line UCF Knight was talking about? In fact, can you name top pro players sponsored by any company who throw a significant amount of US stuff. Time to put up, or...

Sure it does. Especially without anyone showing evidence/examples to the contrary. What was Prodigy's premise when they started? "We're gonna change the sport..." how?
I get really tired of people posting around here like they know whats up when the info is really right there.

Cat:

Bio
According to Catrina, the strongest part of her game is "sticking to my game plan and never giving up." The most important discs to her individual game are both over-stable and under-stable drivers, as well as under-stable putters.

There's a large gap between a Pro selling the full line of discs for their sponsor and what they actually throw.

It's also very easy to bag a disc for certain shots or for your sponsor, but if we're talking about workhorse discs, the vast majority of young Pros are throwing OS discs, no matter the amount of cycling involved.

A beat-in or flippy Destroyer will always be preferable to a brand new Vulcan.

Schusterick will never win another USDGC or Worlds. But not because of plastic.

Maybe will should lay off those stupid OS molds and learn how to actually throw a disc and let it fly.

Screw that stupid h1 thing that looks like its designed NOT to fly lol. Lawn dart champion WS!

Way to go off context... In a conversation comparing/discussing the differences between Will Schusterick's transition to a new company and Ricky Wysocki's two transitions, you guys hang your hat on...
Barry, MJ, Kenny (at least he used to-not sure now), Schwebby, etc...

Masters-aged guys who haven't transitioned in a long time, and ...

I get really tired of people posting around here like they know whats up when the info is really right there.

Cat:

Bio
According to Catrina, the strongest part of her game is "sticking to my game plan and never giving up." The most important discs to her individual game are both over-stable and under-stable drivers, as well as under-stable putters.

...the top woman player.

True, but, Prodigy's line is far more focuses on Pro caliber players than the Trilogy line. I would say close to half of the trilogy line is directed more towards casual/lower arm speed golfers. At this point I think the number of discs, pros would consider throwing, is probably similar between the two companies.

Seems like Knight's point of view was pretty close to correct.

Last edited:
Prodigy has 28 discs, which is less than half the 61 discs Trilogy has.

And they are 28 good discs. The plastics are of good quality, the designs are good and fly well. And I would imagine that Will needs only say the word, and they will make anything he wants/needs to his specs (within legal limits, of course).

Well besides the m2 debacle...d4s that fly like d1s and vise versa. I do like oval shaped discs that lose their color too.

"Discs for the pros" riiite?!

The older guys seem to throw more US stuff, it just seems to be the natural progression. There are some older local guys that still try to the DS and such in that area, and at times they get a good hit, other times it's just sad watching their dumb founded expression trying to figure out what went wrong. And then you have the guys that throw beat to hell Bosses and DS's and brag about being able to throw the higher speed discs, but in reality the stuff they're throwing might as well be a Mamba.

This. McBeth has his flippy Destroyers and flippy McRoc3s. Wysocki said in one video that he can use a seasoned-in Compass for anny/turnover shots. Other pros do the same.

I don't think you'll see many pro's, if any in their prime throwing neutral or US stuff. But on a side note, hasn't Mcbeth been throwing a Daedalus more? It's not crazy US, but technically by flight numbers...

Kewl. I had not heard of nor seen McBeth using the Daedalus, but that's interesting. I know some other top pro is using the Daedalus, but the name escapes me at the moment...

I wanna say there was a video I was watching that showed him throwing it, it may have been one of those champs vs chumps videos. I wanna say it was at De La, but honestly can't remember. Maybe someone else will. I think he was also throwing a Krait at one point. While not an US disc, compared to a DS or Wraith, it'd be less stable.

I wanna say there was a video I was watching that showed him throwing it, it may have been one of those champs vs chumps videos. I wanna say it was at De La, but honestly can't remember. Maybe someone else will. I think he was also throwing a Krait at one point. While not an US disc, compared to a DS or Wraith, it'd be less stable.

The Champion Krait is a McBeth sig disc. He used to carry one all the time; I don't know if he still is always carrying one.

Champs v. Chumps 2 was at DeLaveaga. Also, I think during the Tournament there, on the open course, someone in his group threw a Daedalus (and not all that well). Don't remember who, though...

(Oh, back on topic?) Looks like Will has the DG equivalent of the putting 'yips'. Hope he finds a way out of them soon...

13 throws off the lead, guess the Fling isn't as friendly as Will hoped.

Also, I think during the Tournament there, on the open course, someone in his group threw a Daedalus (and not all that well). Don't remember who, though...

Barsby threw the Daedalus and flipped it over big time. His shot out of the bushes was incredible, though.

Wills the 5th ranked player at the fling. But currently in 17th place... Needs to turn it around tomorrow and make a push back.

Latest posts