• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Headed for Miami, where should I stop?

Big Tone

Bogey Member
Im leaving tomorrow morning with my family for Miami beach for the next 2 nights. We leave Saturday morning on a week long cruise down in the Caribbean. :D

Now i've already checked all of my stops (San Juan, St. Thomas, Coco Cay, Grand Turk) and they don't appear to have any DG for me there. Any recommendations on where/what I should do? I skipped excursions this time as I wanted to do my own thing

My real question to you all is if you were headed from Atlanta, GA to Miami, FL, and you could make one stop tomorrow for a round of DG at a course on the way, which one would it be? Lets try and not venture to far off the highway/course as I would still like to make it down there in good timing.

Also, Firday morning I will try either the Kendall Indian Hammocks Park Ease/West courses or the Amelia Earhart Park course. I will catch the other one when I get back into port the following saturday before I head back home. :thmbup:

Thanks!

Miami's really a bit of a DG void. Heard Amelia Earhart is meh at best.

Tradewinds and Okeeheelee are on the way down if you're driving: both close to the Turnpike, both solid, but there really don't seem to be any great courses in So Fla.:\

Last edited:
Tradewinds and Okeeheelee are on the way down if you're driving: both close to the Turnpike, :\

This is what im looking for! We are driving down so pretty much anywhere close to the turnpike would be acceptable.

Ill look into these 2 courses.

All suggestions headed from Atl to Miami are welcome! (somewhat close to 75 south/Fl. turnpike)

I'm looking for one of those courses your glad you didnt pass up when you had the chance to play it.

Last edited:
There is a great course half way at I-10 and I-75. Magnolia DCG in Live Oak FL. Huge park that holds music festivals located at 3076 95th Drive. From I-75, take exit 451 and proceed south 4.5 miles. They have a restaurant, general store, and ice cream parlor in front of the course in the park.

Wow! Thanks, Pooka. That course looks frickin' sweet.

...and who doesn't like ice cream after a grueling day of DG!

^^^ I know this guy does!!!

There is a great course half way at I-10 and I-75. Magnolia DCG in Live Oak FL. Huge park that holds music festivals located at 3076 95th Drive. From I-75, take exit 451 and proceed south 4.5 miles. They have a restaurant, general store, and ice cream parlor in front of the course in the park.

Agreed, Magnolia is a sweet course, and only about 5 miles from I-75 in the Spirit of Suwannee Music Park, and there are things the other folks in your party can do while you play. Very much fills the bill of "one of those courses you're glad you didn't pass up when you had the chance to play it. "

I should have mentioned it, but I thought you were be looking for something closer to your actual destination. :eek:

Last edited: