• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help me build an all Trilogy bag

HybridZombiw

Eagle Member
Now if you don't like Trilogy its cool, i don't mind. It's just a matter of personal opinion here. So please keep the hate down, I just want a solid line up from Lat, DD, and WS.

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 7
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: Lefty
Throwing Style: LHBH, very little LHFH.
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/drive; Putters: 220-245 Mids: 250-290 Fairway: 300-340, Drivers: 340-400
Optional:

What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: What I dislike about my bag is the lack of OS discs for windy days and OS utility shots. I am also lacking in the fairway aspects and some driver aspects
Immediate and long-term goals: I'd like to have a very solid Trilogy lineup in my bag.

Current Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
173 Champ Boss - Long spike hyzers shots. Looking to replace with something more OS
172 Lucid Trespass x2 - Main driver for long flex shots, long hyzers, etc.
167 GL Flow - Older Flow mold with the swriliness. Used for Long turn overs, straight shots, annys, hyzerflips etc. It's pretty understable right now.

Fairways:
171 GL River - Turn overs, low ceiling shots, hyzer flips, straight shots.
173 Opto River - More stable than GL, used for gentle hyzers, tailwinds, straight shots, and some turn over shots.
173 VIP Stag - Main fairway driver. Used for straigh to fade, long arching hyzers, my go to disc for most shots. It's gone now and needs replacing

Mids:
175 Z Buzzz - 10th anny buzzz i never really wanted to throw but lost my old buzzz. I want to replace it with a Fugitive or something.
175 Opto Pain - My OS compliment to my buzzz, used for hyzers, straight to fade shots, slight to moderate winds (7-14mph) Might replace with a fresh one or maybe a mace?

Putters:
175 Gripline Pure - Go to putter. Need more pures, and something to compliment it!

I'd like to patch up some of the disc line ups here, especially in the driver/fairway department. I plan on getting more pures, but the plastic choice is the main concern. Also a driving putter/approach would be nice, as well as a more stable compliment for windy days. Mainly What I feel I am lacking in is windy day discs or something. I am also adding in a Saint Pro, but not sure what to compliment it. I am teetering between teh Saint and Striker at the moment, but might throw in the stag inbetween, but are not too sure yet.

Last edited:
Trilogy

I have been playing for a little over one year and have an all trilogy bag. All max weight.
Drivers
Ws king VIP
Ws sword VIP
Ws giant VIP
Ws sorcerer gold
Ws world VIP
Dd renegade lucid

Fairways
New challenge thief gold
River opto
Underworld VIP
Saint opto
Saint pro opto
Ws stag VIP

Mids
Ws warship VIP
Lat 64 fuse opto
Ws tursus VIP
Dd verdict lucid
Dd suspect lucid
Lat pain opto

Putters
Ws harp bt soft
Ws swan bt soft
Lat pure zero soft
Dd warden classic

I made the complete line switch about 3 months into playing and love my discs. I have tried out several others like the halo, mace, flow, but these are the discs that have stuck with me.
Right now I won't even entertain throwing another manufacturer.

Thanks. Good luck.

opto pure or sinus putter are great. Trident is a very unique overstable fairway worth checking out too. Fuse, Mace, Truth are nice mids and there is a plethora of options for overstable drivers really to fill that boss slot.

Riot is the forgotten child but I always liked throwing it for a more OS striker kind of line and find it to be molded up very consistently. Strikers are $$$$ once seasoned up.

I'll keep that in mind Chains, but i did not like the slanted rim of the riot. Aside from the rim it was a great disc, but it kills me on the feel. I have always wanted to try a striker, but are they more a.) consistent in molding? and b.) compliment with the stag and saint pro? Here is what I am thinking of a bag so far.

Drivers
Opto Scyche
Lucid Trespass x2
GL Flow
Striker or Saint
Maybe a vision?

Fairways
Opto Saint Pro
Stag
River x2
Opto XXX

Mids
Lucid Fugitive
Opto Pain or Mace
Trident

Putters
Pure x3 (2 for putting, 1 for driving)
Sinus or suspect

All this is to fit in my mojo. So room is limitied but I want to make sure my shots are covered. Any suggestions to this new lineup would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
I'll keep that in mind Chains, but i did not like the slanted rim of the riot. Aside from the rim it was a great disc, but it kills me on the feel. I have always wanted to try a striker, but are they more a.) consistent in molding? and b.) compliment with the stag and saint pro? Here is what I am thinking of a bag so far.

Drivers
Opto Scyche
Lucid Trespass x2
GL Flow - Just grab a bio trespass if you need something more understable

Fairways
Saint - You are already throwing the saint pro, just throw the saint alongside it
Opto Saint Pro
Stag - Too much overlap between saint and saint pro
River x2
Opto XXX

Mids
Lucid Fugitive
Opto Pain or Mace
Trident

Putters
Pure x3 (2 for putting, 1 for driving)
Sinus or suspect

All this is to fit in my mojo. So room is limitied but I want to make sure my shots are covered. Any suggestions to this new lineup would be greatly appreciated

Some general thoughts I have

I don't throw much Trilogy, but gotta give some love to the Mace and Pain.

Mace started out pretty OS, but now that it's beat it that thing goes dead straight with a nice amount of glide.

Grabbed a Pain as a step up in stability from the Mace and couldn't love it more.

With how much I use these mids you would think I would throw more Lat64...:|

In place of the Boss try a Halo or Scythe. I think that is the stability you are looking for.
In place of the Buzzz try a Core.

suprised you dont throw a truth. close to a buzz as you can get is what i am told

The buzzz is similar to a truth. But I would call the truth a buzzz-long. It doesn't have any where near the HSS of a buzzz, the LSS is close but still less and it has more glide. I love the truth and that's what I throw but it's not a buzzz

Current Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
173 Champ Boss - VIP Giant
172 Lucid Trespass x2 - Main driver for long flex shots, long hyzers, etc.
167 GL Flow - Older Flow mold with the swriliness. Used for Long turn overs, straight shots, annys, hyzerflips etc. It's pretty understable right now.

Fairways:
171 GL River - Turn overs, low ceiling shots, hyzer flips, straight shots.
173 Opto River - More stable than GL, used for gentle hyzers, tailwinds, straight shots, and some turn over shots.
173 VIP Stag - Main fairway driver. Used for straight to fade, long arching hyzers, my go to disc for most shots. It's gone now and needs replacing- Replace

Mids:
175 Z Buzzz - Lucid Truth or Warship
175 Opto Pain - My OS compliment to my buzzz, used for hyzers, straight to fade shots, slight to moderate winds (7-14mph) Might replace with a fresh one or maybe a mace?

Putters:
175 Gripline Pure - Go to putter. Need more pures, and something to compliment it! Opto Pure or Harp
That would be pretty simple.

I just picked up a Missilen, and it flew a lot like a Boss.

And I started throwing a Core that flew like a Buzzz.

In terms of drivers I can only comment on the Halo and Trespass through Trilogy. The opto Halo that I threw was Destroyerish and the fuzion Trespass flew similar to a longer champ Beast. If you throw the Boss, why not try the Giant? You may also find that a Sword could fill the understable slot.

For fairways the Saint - Saint Pro combo is pretty nice. I am looking for a moonshine Saint Pro at the moment for my tweener slot.

For the mid lineup I throw the opto Trident for overstable, moonshine Truth for stable, classic Truth for dead straight and a First Run Fugitive for understable

I also throw 3 Suspects for upshots or short drives. I have 1 classic soft which is pretty stable, 1 Fuzion straight with a little fade and a biofuzion for a slight turnover.

Hope you find the setup that works for you. My setup is mostly a mix of Trilogy and Prodigy with some Innova sprinkled in.

For drivers, the Trespass is awesome, but a bigger arm maybe end up turning it over. I'd recommend a Giant or an Enforcer. Saint Pro is an awesome overstable fairway. It can turn out to be an absolute bomber of a driver. For mids, I use a Fuse for turnover shots, a Truth for straight to stable, and I'll be picking up a Verdict for my overstable slot. I use a Lucid and Classic Blend Suspect as approach discs and shorter shots. My bread and butter has been the Lucid Judge. Great driving and upshot putter, as long as you don't mind the bead.

Thank you guys for all the information so far. It's been really helpful. I've been thinking about adding a 3rd trespass, a 165-167 for a lighter weight bomber. The fuse has been a thought as well, since i've only used 2 mids, an understable compliment would always be nice. I don't really want a speed 13 driver, but If I did, the havoc would probably be it.

Here is my lineup so far. I am thinking about adding in a DD thief, but not too sure yet. I decided to go with a striker/Saint Pro Combo, because I always wanted a striker and something a bit more stable than the Saint would be more versatile.

Drivers:
Opto Scythe - OS driver for spike hyzers, windy conditions, etc.
Lucid Trespass - Main max D driver, long hyzers, flex shots, etc
Fuzion Trespass - Light weight trespass for big bombs, flex shots,
Goldline Flow - Straight/turn over driver. Annys/turnovers, hyzer flips, and long rollers
Opto Striker - Workhorse driver, stable, straight with fade, hoping it will fit nicely.

Fairway:
Opto Saint Pro - OS compliment to river/Striker
GL River - Understable, long annys, hyzer flips, finess
Opto River - straight with little fade, great glide
Lucid Thief? less table than pro, but a tick or two more stable than river.

Mids:
Opto Claymore - stable to understable mid
Lucid Truth - Stable mid
Opto Pain - OS mid

Putters:
Zero Med Pure - Main Putter
Zero Med Pure - Back up putter
Opto Pure - Driving Putter
Lucid Suspect - OS compliment to Pure