• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Help me ID this Innova putter

Yeah, the change to the www core was only a few years ago. You still see the San Marino Aviar's all the time. They were in production with the San Marino core for over 20 years and the Aviar is by far the best selling disc of all time, so there is like a kajillion of them out there.

Off topic, Are there Rancho Aviars out there? I shouldn't generalize, but I've found anything with a www felt worse than others I've had or didn't fly the way I remember.

I had a DX Stingray that I gave away, and I rebought one later on that was the www mold and just felt bad. It also chunked up first tree hit.

Off topic, Are there Rancho Aviars out there? I shouldn't generalize, but I've found anything with a www felt worse than others I've had or didn't fly the way I remember.

I had a DX Stingray that I gave away, and I rebought one later on that was the www mold and just felt bad. It also chunked up first tree hit.
No, Innova didn't switch cores when they moved. They just left the old location in the tooling. The Aviar is a super-duper old mold so it always had the original "San Marino" in the tooling. I guess they decided they were tired of giving the IE free advertising and have started to phase the cores with the physical location out in favor of the www cores.

alright, I'll just chock it up to whatever plastic was used.

I hate new dx stingrays, and the non kc/jk aviars are bunk for me as well.

alright, I'll just chock it up to whatever plastic was used.

I hate new dx stingrays, and the non kc/jk aviars are bunk for me as well.
The Stingray had the core AND the top replaced, so it's really not at all the same disc as the San Marino Stingrays. The Aviar just replaced the core AFAIK, so it should basically be the same. I've heard a lot of hate for the 12X KC Aviar, but I had a couple and they were fine.

The Stingray had the core AND the top replaced, so it's really not at all the same disc as the San Marino Stingrays. The Aviar just replaced the core AFAIK, so it should basically be the same. I've heard a lot of hate for the 12X KC Aviar, but I had a couple and they were fine.

I have 2 KC 12x. one is rather domey 180 with the bronze stamping. The other is a 173 that's a bit flatter with rainbow stamping with what looks like is the weight circle on the underside showing up on the top of the disc.

Both feel completely different. both fly the same for me for the most part, with the 180 being a bit more beefy. I'm only a 250ish mid range thrower though and I don't use the KC's for the distance, more of woods/wind.

I have 2 KC 12x. one is rather domey 180 with the bronze stamping. The other is a 173 that's a bit flatter with rainbow stamping with what looks like is the weight circle on the underside showing up on the top of the disc.

Both feel completely different. both fly the same for me for the most part, with the 180 being a bit more beefy. I'm only a 250ish mid range thrower though and I don't use the KC's for the distance, more of woods/wind.
I'm kinda lost. Did we just start talking about Rocs?

I think we were just finding out I'm an idiot. Too much bug spray, I think.

On that note, I have no issues with my 12x Aviars. I have two and both feel the same, but I have nothing to compare them to. My buddies 11x is beat, but otherwise is kinda the same. I held a few 12x San Marinos and they felt around the same, maybe a bit softer.

maybe?? lol i use a XD from Ontario so im not 100% shure. i have 4 or 5 aviars that look very similar to that pic though

a ha yeah im SURE!!!!!! lol i Dj too and the needles i use are called Shure i must have em on the brain my mistake