• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help Reset My Bag

crystal haze

My goal is to strip down my bag to get to know my discs. Any suggestions on my current bag (stripping it further, adding some discs, etc. would be helpful.) I've been on a spending spree with new discs and now am overwhelmed with choices to work on getting to know my discs. I'm throwing my driver's in the 320-350 range.

Here's my current set up, under Main Bag:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/organizer.php?mode=bags

Putters:
Challengers (Soft as main putter, Cryztal Z for drives or approach)

Mids: (150-300 range)
Comet (approach and touch shots)
Buzzz (ESP FLEX for straight, Z for stable with slight fade)
(Should I add a regular overstable? I have hornet, Rancho Roc, Vector, Obex, Pain all as options)

Fairway: (280-350 range)
Teebird (straight and slightly stable fade shots)
Predator (nice S curve and big hyzers or straight with big fade)
(should I add an understable?)

Distance: (300+ range)
Rogue (hyzer flips, straight low distance)

Once I've worked with my bag for a while and y'all's suggestions, then I can go and compare discs that may fit seemingly similar slots that I've purchased:

Nuke/Lace(?)

Striker/Surge

Rogue/Flow

Saint/Volt/Trak

Pain/Obex/Rancho Roc/Vector/Hornet

Axis/Buzzz/Core

Fuse/Comet

Thanks for suggestions!

that's pretty solid.
if you're patient enough, let that teebird break in and you won't need a separate understable fairway driver.
if you want to throw the hornet in there, that would be acceptable. i throw rocs, but for you, i'd say stick with the beadless mids.

I like the drone, and I use it mostly for FH rollers and really powered down shots where I need to zig and then zag back quick. I think it's more challenging (and good for your form/game) to hit hyzer lines with the buzzz than to throw a hornet straight and let it fade, and your Predator will cover those shots fine when its windy.

I don't think I'm seeing anything understable at all here (not familiar with the Rogue/don't know how beat your Comet is, but mine holds straight on every line, but doesn't turn), but mastering a disc for turnover shots will open up a whole world of new lines you can hit. Looks like you have a Fuse, my Fuse is a lot less stable (and less predictable) than my Comet. Throw them side by side to see.

And then a <170g GL River or Pro Leo to go w/your Teebirds.

The bag looks solid. My opinion is play with these for a bit and when you are at the course snag a disc from a friend that you want to try before you purchase.

I can usually tell after a round if I want to purchase a disc for further testing, this can save you some serious coin over the years.

Cheers - Koffee

I've had much more success with a Fuse than with a Comet....just my experience, but I'd recommend switching those out. Good luck!

I would add a leopard to your fairway lineup to cover the understable slot. I would also put the obex in your bag as well.

Latest posts