• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

help with bag?

Triple_Bogey

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: about a year
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some OH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Dart: 200/220'; Roc SM: 250/275; Teebird: 300/315'

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: m
Other sport proficiencies?: golf, baseball
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: fade crunch box - i love it.
Specific areas of desired feedback: cutting down my bag to be a little more basic
Immediate and long-term goals: more distance

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):

Blizzard Katana 150g, 8/10 - used for distance shots, not the best with control (but i got my only ace with it)
ESP Surge 170g, 6/10 - used for long straight shots
Star Roadrunner 170g, 7/10 - used for long straight shots with little fade and some overhand shots
Pro Katana 170g, 8/10 - used for long anny shots
Champion Monster 175g, 9/10 - used for overhand shots in wooded areas
Star TL 175g 8/10 - used for straight tunnel shots
Star Leopard 175g 7/10 - used for fairway skip shots

Mids:

Star SM Roc 176g, 9/10 - used for tight lines and straight shots
Star Spider 172g 8/10 - used for hyzer shots

Putters:

Champ Aviar 171g, 9/10 - used for shots within 30'
Star Dart 171g, 9/10 - used for longer shots, approach, and tight lines

i really like the fairway drivers, i just wish i could throw them further. suggestions?

I'm going to ask you to have a seat right over there. What are you doing here? Did you bring condoms?

Okay, I couldn't resist, sorry.

Uh, you look like you fit the "new guy throwing a bunch of drivers too fast for him" stereotype to a tee.

Instead of juggling a couple of distance drivers for D, try focusing on one easy to throw straight one. The RR or Surge is probably your best bet. Keep the Monster for OS, that's okay. TL and Leo overlap a little, I'd think about going a little more stable to cover shots than the TL, like a Teebird or Eagle for example. You could easily drop a mold and lose the Spider in favor of a Champ Roc or KC Pro Roc (which you'd have to replace sooner, obviously). Putters are fine but play around with driving a DX Aviar (with a bead) sometime, you might be surprised.

As far as getting more D with your FW drivers, the general rule is that the slower the disc, the more height you need to get D so you have to hit a higher apex than you would with something faster. Always be wary of nose up and getting more D out of your mids and putters absolutely translates to more D with the drivers.

Cheers

^^^
I agree with the Gentleman above me

Try:
Drivers:
Keep the Monster, TL, and Leopard. Try a Teebird as well

Mids:
Keep the Roc. Try a Z Comet

Putters:
Stretch these out for longer distances. For putting, most people prefer KC or DX aviars instead of champ

The high speed stuff isn't helping you. Leave it at home for a few weeks