• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Unless the White tees on Gold aren't playable any more (overgrown/removed?), the course length playing from the Whites is about the same as Granite and Blueberry long tees. The FPO and maybe the 60+ divisions played the Whites at Worlds and had a great time.

Last edited:
As much as it pains me to say, I don't think putting much money into disc golf is the wisest venture for this property....at this point.

Finding a revenue stream to makes improvement with would be my first priority. I don't buy that camping is going to attract much money that far out away from anything. The concert business could be the answer. Mountain biking/disc golf does not seem to be much in the way of big money demographics. Start charging 20 bucks a round and you might get back the cash it costs for upkeep of the courses.

Unless the White tees on Gold aren't playable any more (overgrown/removed?), the course length playing from the Whites is about the same as Granite and Blueberry long tees. The FPO and maybe the 60+ divisions played the Whites at Worlds and had a great time.

They are still there and playable. I love the short tees on Gold.

As much as it pains me to say, I don't think putting much money into disc golf is the wisest venture for this property....at this point.

Finding a revenue stream to makes improvement with would be my first priority. I don't buy that camping is going to attract much money that far out away from anything. The concert business could be the answer. Mountain biking/disc golf does not seem to be much in the way of big money demographics. Start charging 20 bucks a round and you might get back the cash it costs for upkeep of the courses.

They still have Infra and other festivals. I would think they've made a decent chuck of change over the last 2-3 years of that.

Great insight and as always appreciate the information Chuck!

I'm not sure a lot in disc golf is in it for the money, at least not at this point. I have no idea on cost of taxes of land or details of that, but with help/volunteers I would think the overall cost of a well managed, excellent "mecca" would be a huge draw for disc golfers at a minimum. Even at let's say 25 a night for staying in a cabin, and idk $5 per day for discing, myself alone will spend a minimum of close to $100 just for a weekend. Make it a big name course to draw people and I don't think they lose a bunch of money, worst case they come out fairly equal. That said, the initial cost of getting it to that point might cost some money but as we all know almost everything is already set in place just need to tidy it up.

I would be thrilled to run such a place to not make any money but just to provide such great things for people. In the long run start adding awesome hiking trails, biking paths, maybe some sort of lake that is swimmable (not sure if that's a word), maybe add a beach to one of the lakes, add more electricity, add more camping area, then in the long run I do think you can make money. Think of how many campground only or centric places are still running and all the do is offer a place to camp. Things can happen it's just a matter of funds/resources to get them up and going.

I've been hearing a lot about this course thru the years. And it looks like late this summer I will take an adventure to the up of Michigan. On the way will be Highbridge.

Is their anything that I shouldn't assume from reading reviews, etc. about this course?

One concern was that their was some issues with camping. Or the campground was in poor condition or something.

Also, any local pros/guides to play with as I will most likely be traveling solo.

Thanks..

Why do you assume the people all giving advice are Rec players?

Reverting back to old ways, eh?

Beyond that, why wouldn't they want Rec Level players giving advice?

That demographic is their bread and butter along with growing the place as a music venue (like it or not).

Finally the PDGA can only do so much given how far away from a major city HB is.

The best route would be to find ways to improve/grow on their own terms, than to kowtow to the PDGA.

Everyone here isnt a rec player, i dont assume that. My statement toward taking advice on a forum was intended to discourage doing so, not to hurt your feelings. You always seem to get offended very easily by me, sorry bud. I've always said what i thought, opinionated and blunt, its okay to disagree though :thmbup:

Personally, I would rather them seek a professional association for help if they are seeking advice. With courses designed for higher levels of play, why WOULDN'T they want the PDGA advice/input/relationship? I am NOT against seeking advice from others as well, but an anonymous forum is not the place to do so.. again just my opinion. I dont get advice for my life from internet forums, so why would a disc golf facility want to do that!? :doh:, but to each his own.

I understand rec players are a big demographic for HBH, why would the PDGA ever do anything that would drive them away? Im not saying they shouldn't seek everyone's advice, just encouraging them to do what i think is the best start.

Improving its standing with the PDGA is important in my opinion, bringing higher level events and coverage in teh future wouldn't hurt rec players in any way i can think of.

The facility was built with all this in mind, why throw it away when we have an opportunity to renew it?

Not sure what having a major city next to a disc golf course has to do with anything concerning this? But i live in the country so maybe i dont understand your 'need to have a big city' mentality.

I disagree with your "on their own terms" is the best route considering they are seeking advice, and not in anyway suggesting they kowtow the PDGA haha, but rebuilding a relationship with them wouldnt hurt. I know thats something you probably couldnt understand, life is all about relationships.

Last edited:
My ideas, placed here for discussion and nothing more, but in case anyone is listening:

1) Pull Chestnut completely (or scale it back to a decent 9 hole night course) and dedicate that area for camping, RVing, concerts. Clean up the structures and getting working water, showers, restrooms, and everything to make camping a pleasure. Making this area for non-dg activities will keep the actual courses in better shape because they will not be used for camping and parking. I was there the week after the first Infrasound Concert and there was garbage everywhere, ashed firepits every five feet, broken tents and canopies in the middle of fairways, discarded clothes hidden in the woods, and Gold 8's fairway (the long hole) was torn up to the point of being unplayable.

2) Redesign Gold. That course is a chore to play, and almost not worth it if you do not have carts. The whole course is throw as far as you can without getting deep in the woods. All the other courses have marquee holes, unique shots, and make me want to play them multiple times. The only time my group has played Gold was when I secured carts and played best shot doubles just to minimize how bad it can be.

3) Create and or invest in an online registration system so people know who are showing up, who has reserved what, and what type of other activities will be on the property (concerts, bike rallies, etc). It would be nice to see who I could possible see on the courses and from where - in case we want to meet up and make it a bigger friendly affair. Also, with this online reservation system, accept PayPal and credit cards. Having the ability to dispute charges and or having a guarantee of a refund will make people feel far more comfortable about reserving in advance.

4) Get everything settled, working, and hopefully profitable before spending time in building additional cabins or making/ repairing the Honka House. Then make good with the PDGA and get some major tournaments out there. The additional exposure will do wonders, especially if it is a big enough tournament to have filmed.

5) Whoever you get to manage the place, see if they are also able to run a functioning proshop. This is not going to be a main source of income, but if you can get someone competent to run it, know which discs to order, and how to ship discs, this could be some nice supplemental income if you sell on site as well as have an internet presence, especially if you can get popular discs with a HB stamp or graphic.

The original chuck kennedy chestnut was pretty slick man. Plus camping and play glow rounds is the best! Personally I live up here and the Gold course is one of my favorites. I love the bomber holes and city park courses don't let you open up like that. I think that's one of the reasons people love coming up here. Otherwise I think you have some great ideas. The grass needs to be mowed without random building supplies and updating the existing amenities including the campground is a great start. JOMEZ!!!!!

If johns out than Im willing to volunteer for disc golf. I can provide chain saw and weed whip as long as I have mixed gas and bar oil provided. Plus I have a friend with a saw mill that makes wood paneling I could get #2 cheap if you wanna upgrade the tin on the bunkhouse at chestnut. I so wanna see the pros crush this place on Youtube

I always thought thee whole idea of camping was to get away from it all?

Everyone here isnt a rec player, i dont assume that. My statement toward taking advice on a forum was intended to discourage doing so, not to hurt your feelings. You always seem to get offended very easily by me, sorry bud. I've always said what i thought, opinionated and blunt, its okay to disagree though :thmbup:

Personally, I would rather them seek a professional association for help if they are seeking advice. With courses designed for higher levels of play, why WOULDN'T they want the PDGA advice/input/relationship? I am NOT against seeking advice from others as well, but an anonymous forum is not the place to do so.. again just my opinion. I dont get advice for my life from internet forums, so why would a disc golf facility want to do that!? :doh:, but to each his own.

I understand rec players are a big demographic for HBH, why would the PDGA ever do anything that would drive them away? Im not saying they shouldn't seek everyone's advice, just encouraging them to do what i think is the best start.

Improving its standing with the PDGA is important in my opinion, bringing higher level events and coverage in teh future wouldn't hurt rec players in any way i can think of.

The facility was built with all this in mind, why throw it away when we have an opportunity to renew it?

Not sure what having a major city next to a disc golf course has to do with anything concerning this? But i live in the country so maybe i dont understand your 'need to have a big city' mentality.

I disagree with your "on their own terms" is the best route considering they are seeking advice, and not in anyway suggesting they kowtow the PDGA haha, but rebuilding a relationship with them wouldnt hurt. I know thats something you probably couldnt understand, life is all about relationships.

You are so cool man.

That is all.

I always thought thee whole idea of camping was to get away from it all?

I would agree with you, but hundreds of KOA's, State Parks and the increasing popularity of a fad called glamping, across the country would say we are doing it all wrong. :p

Seems most people want to pull their big rigs up to a campground, as long as the wireless is good.

My expectations for HBH are the size of a ant hill...

I mean road improvements are in the 100k+ alone b4 we talk plumbing electric etc.

Lol you're a huge fraud. Anyone can search your history and figure it out.

Plus clueless

Last edited:

15 and 16 of white gold are overgrown but otherwise its good.

Latest posts