• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

The first thing that should be done is pulling Chestnut and putting those baskets on Bear. It's a sin that the best course on the property has the worst baskets.

Chestnut's baskets wouldn't be much of an improvement. Its a hodgepodge. Bear needs new targets for sure though. I like the old chestnut before John changed it.

Electricity and plumbing are your biggest concerns? :doh:

These are disc golf courses

But disc golf courses are not self sustainable. From our collective, selfish perspective, that is what we might like to see be the priority, but that is not realistic. I think developing the land to provider for a revenue source to support the disc golf is a more feasible business plan.

Getting water, electricity and gas available would likely be an important foundation for any future.

But disc golf courses are not self sustainable. From our collective, selfish perspective, that is what we might like to see be the priority, but that is not realistic. I think developing the land to provider for a revenue source to support the disc golf is a more feasible business plan.

Getting water, electricity and gas available would likely be an important foundation for any future.

I agree. IMO, there are bigger priorities i'd like to see fixed first, courses are overgrown, the buildings on the property are in disrepair, scheduling for what they already have is a nightmare and needs a better system (i like the idea of an online payment/schedule system), PDGA relationship should be repaired, would like to see a yearly organized disc golf event of some kind if its with music or w/e i dont care but something..

I would rather them just demolish most of the structures and turn various areas into campsites or a place for RV's to plug in if they ever get that far.. then they dont have to worry about building maintenance. There are many camp sites around WI that do VERY well with a pay to play course on site.

But first the basics before elect, water, roads, etc thats all nice to have things. Nail down fundamentals first, build it on a firm foundation.

If there is new management, I'd gladly take a day to go out there and lend a hand. I'd be down to trim, pour concrete for sleeves, weedwhack, etc.

I am sure there are many people who would be willing to travel, at least in the MI, WI, IL, and MN region, and get some kind of deal or discount from camping and playing in trade for providing help with course clean-up and maintenance.

Camping HBH

I've been hearing a lot about this course thru the years. And it looks like late this summer I will take an adventure to the up of Michigan. On the way will be Highbridge.

Is their anything that I shouldn't assume from reading reviews, etc. about this course?

One concern was that their was some issues with camping. Or the campground was in poor condition or something.

Also, any local pros/guides to play with as I will most likely be traveling solo.

Thanks..
There is no legal campground there and none of the buildings are even allowed to be rented, including Honka.

So this place is like out in the middle of frigging nowhere. Or it looks like that on the map. Northern Wisconsin bordering the UP you would think is like population density zero kind a thing.

So, after a long round where do I go to rest my head? Ideally, you can play and crash for the night. My kind of golf.

What would you recommend for options in the area?

So this place is like out in the middle of frigging nowhere. Or it looks like that on the map. Northern Wisconsin bordering the UP you would think is like population density zero kind a thing.

So, after a long round where do I go to rest my head? Ideally, you can play and crash for the night. My kind of golf.

What would you recommend for options in the area?

It's a little far (~80 minutes drive time), but we always stay in Mercer, which is convenient to Sandy Point as well. There's a great motel there called Eunica's Beaver Lodge that has reasonable rates, an on-site bar, and amazing management.

MRCLC. Perfect. That's why I pay my dues. This is a great site for getting some help with anything dg related.

I'm also from the lower Midwest, so you know if you drive all that way you want to do it right. Taking advantage of other great courses, etc..

Sandy Point is on my list as well so that long drive for a motel/camp spot might make sense.

Do you make that journey much up to the Northwoods to DG? Thanks again.

Uh..After checking out the word I can't pronounce or spell, this National Forest is Huge!

Their is so many campgrounds I became overwhelmed. After running thru the list I must say this kind of place reminds me of the vast state forests of the West.

So, anyone know any spots that they would like to recommend?

Uh..After checking out the word I can't pronounce or spell, this National Forest is Huge!

Their is so many campgrounds I became overwhelmed. After running thru the list I must say this kind of place reminds me of the vast state forests of the West.

So, anyone know any spots that they would like to recommend?

Me and the wife spent a camping weekend at Lake of the Falls county park outside of Mercer if you're thinking of staying around there. Beautiful river and lake, plus great bathrooms with running water by the tent camps. It's like $10 a person a night to pitch a tent, approximately.

Then if you hit up Sandy Point make sure to throw Brandy Lake in Woodruff too - short 18 holer but quite beautiful and fun if you like to bag as many courses as possible.

MRCLC. Perfect. That's why I pay my dues. This is a great site for getting some help with anything dg related.

I'm also from the lower Midwest, so you know if you drive all that way you want to do it right. Taking advantage of other great courses, etc..

Sandy Point is on my list as well so that long drive for a motel/camp spot might make sense.

Do you make that journey much up to the Northwoods to DG? Thanks again.

Not as frequently as we would like, but we went up in 2016 and fell in love with the Northwoods. We made it back this year and stayed at the same place (Eunica's) and replayed a few courses (Highbridge & Sandy Point) while picking up some new ones too. It's a really fun disc golf vacation.