• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 2/26/18 Trojan Park in Rainier, OR - #6

armiller

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hole 6 at Trojan Park in Rainier, OR. I know I've seen this one in the 2014 Worlds and/or BSF videos. Thank you CCDG.

Length 285', looks like only one pin location and one tee.

ac9c06b4.jpg

c2c60a32.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love to think I could float a Z Comet in there RHBH, but lets be honest, I'll RHFH a Star Teebird out over the water. Maybe a Zone if I'm feeling gutsy.

First, lament my lack of a FH.

Then, RHBH Tursas on a slight hyzer. Looks super fun.

A little late now, but please ignore my inventing a place called Rainier, OR. I meant Washington.

A little late now, but please ignore my inventing a place called Rainier, OR. I meant Washington.

Nope, you meant Oregon. It's this side of the River.

I throw a seasoned KC Roc RHBH turnover here when the wind is down. All bets are off at Trojan when it is real windy.

Not windy: * RR
Windy: S-CD3 FH layup

whatever water disc i have. my flippy sw or plaz theory rhbh goin for the turn over

Every time I say that on this kind of hole, it ends in a splash. On this one, I could definitely see myself losing a disc by catching one of those trees after leaving the FH high, or trying to keep things low and throwing it straight in the water. Either way, fun and beautiful hole.

completely ok if I go a bit past....

Not really—basket is on a peninsula. You don't have too much room behind. And digging in and cut rolling can definitely roll you OB.

Weirdly, being an old cooling pond for a nuclear power plant, the water is deep right to the edge. So you can lose a disc that just rolls in.

Trojan is tricky.

Not really—basket is on a peninsula. You don't have too much room behind. And digging in and cut rolling can definitely roll you OB.

Weirdly, being an old cooling pond for a nuclear power plant, the water is deep right to the edge. So you can lose a disc that just rolls in.

Trojan is tricky.

Ok.

I'll just grab one of Dave's discs and throw it in the water, then. Probably some stupid OLF or something.

Latest posts