• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 4/5/2018: La Mirada Regional Park - Back 18 Hole 12 in La Mirada, CA

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 3.78 from 44 reviews

Hole 12
Par 3
415 ft.

Tip By: lion Trusted Reviewer - Bronze Level Premium Member
For advanced players that are right handed and throw primarily backhand I would recommend a driver that is like a wraith or Orc that will fly straight down the fairway and has a little fade. You want to make sure and get the disc inside the mandatory on the right side and you also want to avoid throwing anything that might hyzer out early to the left where the road awaits your disc, OB.

Tee Sign:
03d771a5.jpg

Tee:
cd22667b.jpg

Course Map

That ceiling looks pretty low. I think I would have to try a roller instead of following lion's tip. Probably throw a Monarch for that.

Beefy Z Nuke RHFH out over the street. Shooting for low skip off the street.

CCDG filmed a tourney with this layout a couple years ago. I think that was the line of choice.

yeah if there is no mando on the left, i'm throwing the brinster d that has giving me monster skips lately

Here's one CCDG vid. For this tournament, they did make it a mando, but I could have sworn I saw another (I think Super Dave was on the card) where they didn't have the mando. I remember someone trying the "skip off the road" idea and hitting the curb after going over OB the whole way. Ouch. We might have the distance wrong...

Go to 5:09

Here's one CCDG vid. For this tournament, they did make it a mando, but I could have sworn I saw another (I think Super Dave was on the card) where they didn't have the mando. I remember someone trying the "skip off the road" idea and hitting the curb after going over OB the whole way. Ouch. We might have the distance wrong...

You might be thinking of Hole 11:

9e3224a7.jpg

When playing the "Championship" layout, the layout is set Hole 11 tee to Hole 13 target. Many pros will opt to forehand through the mando, go over the road and skip back in bounds. You can see the tee for HOD Hole 12 ahead on the sidewalk.

For #12, I throw a Champion Katana or RPro Boss. For Hole 11 (or the Championship layout), I throw a putter straight up the middle.