• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole of the Day 5/22/2010

I agree the tomahawk route looks the best. However I don't have a good tommy. How do you throw one with any power at all? Thumbers I'm alright on, but tommys are awkward. Do you have to hold the disc like \(RH), or do I just need a more stable disc or something?

Ahhhhh.... Sugaree

You guys have no idea how awesome this course is. I don't specifically remember what I threw on this hole when I played it, but I'm pretty sure it was my Wizard, although it may have been my beat in Warrior.

It's cool to see a "Hole of the Day" that I've actually played, and such an awesome course.

Agreed on all counts... except the Wizard... I don't have one of those.

I guess you tomahawk throwers all throw chainsaws, because there are way too many branches up above there to get clearance...

RHBH
Slight anny Buzzz - Straight Buzzz - Putt in with Focus

I don't see any good way to get there in 2...but if my tee shot is close enough to have a go at it, I'd try to putt in for bird.

Tough hole, despite the fact that it's really short!

Agreed on all counts... except the Wizard... I don't have one of those.

I'm still amazed at how almost every hole plays downhill, and how fair the fairways are. I could see this being North Carolina's Flip City, or something along those lines. We played Ashe County (NC's highest rated course on DGCR) the day before, and I was way more impressed with Sugaree. As soon as I play it one more time, and take notes while playing, I will write a review. Mando has done an amazing job. Currently, I can't imagine disc golf being any better.

Too short for a comet, I'd probably throw a beat wizard or depending on how much that bendy tree restricts height I might flick flare an eagle or other stable driver. Probably try to land it 120' or so down the fairway, flare another 50' or so and have a putt at it. That would ensure I would keep the big boulder to the left out of play.