• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade DiscCatcher Gallery

ClayBoneNJ

ive seen a few other posts about homemade catchers but i figured this could be the place where everyone shows off their design, talks about the specific pieces, where they got them from, and how much it costs.

Heres mine:
myDiscatcher.jpg

2''pvc - free from friend
webber charcole grate, lowes, - $11
26'' pond liner(whiskey barrel liner), lowes, - $15
50' chain, lowes, - .49cents/foot -$25
base - cut legs from table i had
3 L-brackets(to hold up the bucket, not visible)-$5.75
Total - about $56

very light, 12 outer chains, 12 inner chains

Notes: I wanted to make something portable because my back yard isnt very big. so everything slides together. The pole with the L brackets into the base, the bucket slide down the pole and sits on the brackets, i cut slits in the top of the pipe so the grill would slide in, then cap it. The chains are secured with zip ties. Made it in about 2 hours with a dremmle tool.

the top grate is 22'', the chains are supposed to be 22 inches each...but the duches at lowes cut a couple with different link amounts...so i left the zip ties lose on top so i could adjust them if nessacary...the chains prob would have been better if they were 20 or 21 because they JUST touch the bucket..and i wanted them just above the bottom of the bucket....but it dose the trick!

Reminds me of an anorexic dominatrix...oh well, I would take it, I am seriously jonesing to practice in the back yard.

That one looks like it would fall apart if you hit it with any speed. /And yes very redneck, makes us all look bad

I just ordered an instep, I put all the stuff to build one in my cart at home depot yesterday and rang up $90...amazingly I DID NOT buy it and embarrisingly asked the lady to cancel the order...first time ever not DIYing something.

I've had this basket out in the yard for a couple weeks now, this is the A placement in my front yard. Several teepads from 45'-80'. It's paying dividends already, my putt/approach game is improving.

I've got about $200 in this basket, working on a scaled-down version now that I'm trying to do for under 1
$100. Used Aluminum instead of galvanized steel, just need to find some cheap chain (60' or so)

Attachments

• DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 1,250
I've had this basket out in the yard for a couple weeks now, this is the A placement in my front yard. Several teepads from 45'-80'. It's paying dividends already, my putt/approach game is improving.

I've got about $200 in this basket, working on a scaled-down version now that I'm trying to do for under 1
$100. Used Aluminum instead of galvanized steel, just need to find some cheap chain (60' or so)

honestly 50' should be more then enough for a double ring of chains...I went to menards (dunno if you have them where you live) and got 50ft of chain I think it was for 29.99 cheapest place that had it! anyways here is mine!!
picture.php

I don't have any decent pictures yet but my basket came out nice.

IMG_0644.jpg

Heres mine:
myDiscatcher.jpg

2''pvc - free from friend
webber charcole grate, lowes, - $11
26'' pond liner(whiskey barrel liner), lowes, - $15
50' chain, lowes, - .49cents/foot -$25
base - cut legs from table i had
3 L-brackets(to hold up the bucket, not visible)-$5.75
Total - about $56
QUOTE]

Did you use the 2/0 steel chain from lowes? I am making one and the chain cost alot more

a local private course has a few creative disc catchers...

There are several like this:
IMG_4723.jpg

Including a hanging one:
IMG_4736.jpg

This one uses the basket from a washing machine:
IMG_4730.jpg

But the best one is collapsible that they stash in the woods when not in use:
IMG_4733.jpg

P.S. what's the deal with adding private courses to this site? Encouraged, or not? (It's not my course)