• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade DiscCatcher Gallery

The double loop stuff is what i made mine with. Just be careful because that chain will EAT UP on dx and pro d plastic. Premium plastic is unaffected though. Just a warning brah!

Thanks for the heads up! Though I'm having second thoughts about making my own. It was about $65 to get the plastic chain, post, and tub. That still leaves the s-hooks, adapter, wheel, and base. I'm now leaning towards spending some extra bucks and getting a Mach Lite, since it's easy to take with me and put in the shed when it's not being used.

Here's a pic of mine. Looks bad, but all parts were free. Explains lack of chains. I figure if I can land this one, I can land anything.

Attachments

• basket.jpg
    basket.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 263
Homemade Basket

Here is a basket I made this weekend. I used directions from http://kcdg.yikesite.com/products/baskets. Except I didn't use any electric tape(the website calls for 3 rolls). It was a bit over a $100 and took about 4 hours. I can also take it apart fairly easily for transport. The most expensive thing was the chain.

Attachments

• 103_0022.jpg
    103_0022.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 292
  • 103_0023.jpg
    103_0023.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 103_0024.jpg
    103_0024.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 128
this my homemade out at a tonepole course up in the mountains of twain harte ca.

Attachments

• 9778.jpg
    9778.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 242
$100 in materials $20/hour personal time/labor = $180 you could have bought a basket

Post it here homemade discatcher gallery or your work will be forgotten very quickly.

the directions for that basket have already been posted though

Yeah he could have bought one but he made his own unique basket.
Nice basket OP i would love one of those:hfive:

It is a Chris Wilson basket. It is a common design

I think I'm going to mimic the Chris Wilson basket, which many of you know about:
http://kcdg.yikesite.com/products/baskets

I was perusing the various chains at Lowes - the cheapest ones, anyway.
At $0.60/ft is the yellow double loop poly coated. They also had #8 plastic chain, at $0.76/ft. The plastic would be lighter and quieter, not sure if it would change the experience.

Note that I'm a complete newbie (played twice so far) and have a small yard, so this would just be for very short putting.

They also had a 26" plastic pond for about $12 (less work than the tubing to form a basket) and a fence post for around $11. I just need to find an old bicycle wheel for the top!

Anyway, curious about the chains and am looking for any thoughts on one type versus the other. Thanks!

All of the baskets in the homemade basket thread are homemade. My point is not that this is not a great basket, It is that we have the same basket on another thread, so I do not know why it was unmerged from the homemade basket thread.
I gave my dad the instructions for that same basket last week and he said it is not such an easy basket, so I am not belittling his basket, it is very clean and very nice.

I think it rocks. You should be very proud that you, YOURSELF, built that.

I did one of those and replaced the wood with a railroad sign and I didn't use tape AT FIRST till everything chunked on me

Well done. But you'll want to make the investment in a few rolls of electrical tape. The edges on those shelf brackets are going to be hell on base plastic.

Friend of a friend made this one, which is probably THE most portable basket I've seen. Put it on a flat sloped surface and it'll move, all by itself!

picture.php

I know that a lot of people use fence post as the pole for their baskets. I was looking at them just the other day and they seemed awfully thin walled. How are these holding up with excessive use and/or transport?

Latest posts