• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you handle it when people are a-holes?

NovaDiscHead

Birdie Member
You know the type- don't let you play through, throw on you when you haven't cleared a hole, talk when you throwing, let loose a profanity laced screaming fit when they miss that 40 foot putt, those guys...how do you like to deal with them?

Ran into a group like this today. Personally I played through, then when they threw on me the next hole, I kicked one of their discs under a pile of leaves.

I just ignore them, and focus on what I'm doing. Occasionally if it's really bad I'll gently point out to them what good course etiquette would be in a non-confrontational way.

........let loose a profanity laced screaming fit when they miss that 40 foot putt...
Hey! You must of been playing at my course the same time I was...:p

sit down and drink another beer. let em get ahead.

......or point them in the completely wrong direction to find their disc.

If I'm already carrying a few beers, I just sit with my group and just chill. Life's too short to get all frustrated.

Or we just skip ahead.

I try not to talk when people are throwing but really, when I go and play I also like to socialize and I guess I don't see how talking a bit would throw somebody off so bad. I've never understood it with ball golf either and had no change in concentration if a couple people were chatting. That said, I try to be respectful when other groups are around and can't stand the things you mentioned, but what about the tools that don't "clear"? Having to walk off the tee, up and around a big dogleg just to see if anybody's still putting only to find... NOTHING... is a pain in the ass.

If you're playing in a tourney or league, talking in someones throw is a major faux paux and can lead to penalty strokes and DQ if you're obnoxious about it.

I slip up from time to time, but when I'm playing someone else, I try to show respect.

Reminds me of this group of about 7 or so who were so loud and obnoxious. At every basket they would sit for about ten minutes, set their cooler down and drink a few beers. Also during the whole time they would be hitting chains and doing like 2 foot putts. Really annoying. Ended up skipping ahead of them. We skipped them on hole 9, and by the time we got to 17 they were only on 11. Lmao.

Anyways, I just ignore it and chill.

I try not to talk when people are throwing but really, when I go and play I also like to socialize and I guess I don't see how talking a bit would throw somebody off so bad. I've never understood it with ball golf either and had no change in concentration if a couple people were chatting. That said, I try to be respectful when other groups are around and can't stand the things you mentioned, but what about the tools that don't "clear"? Having to walk off the tee, up and around a big dogleg just to see if anybody's still putting only to find... NOTHING... is a pain in the ass.

I never heard of anyone doing this until I played with an older gentleman a while back. After every basket he yelled "clear". I thought it was kind of funny until I figured out why he was doing that. Now if I play a course with blind baskets I will yell "clear" and the basket number when done.

If I am playing solo then I definitely would skip ahead. If I am with a group I would probably just relax and wait unless it got really ridiculous, then we would probably ask to play through. I have never had a group refuse to allow me to play through when asked.

I just skip a hole or two or restart from 1 to give me enough space. Or you could just beat the **** out of them, take there discs and never play there again!!

This is always an option. I think it would depend on the type of plastic they were throwing. If they are just throwing DX it probably isn't worth the trouble. jk :|

This is always an option. I think it would depend on the type of plastic they were throwing. If they are just throwing DX it probably isn't worth the trouble. jk :|

So you are saying if you are going to be loud and obnoxious play with DX Discs.
JK.... I have found on my local courses it isn't too bad people are fairly mellow. I might also be because I like to play early morning as well.

I never heard of anyone doing this until I played with an older gentleman a while back. After every basket he yelled "clear". I thought it was kind of funny until I figured out why he was doing that. Now if I play a course with blind baskets I will yell "clear" and the basket number when done.

I guess if you've never heard of it it wouldn't be an issue, the guys I started with always "cleared" when you couldn't see the basket from the tee so I picked it up early.

When I run into this I'll either just skip ahead or if no one's behind me I'll practice putt for a while till the INCONSIDERATE, SELF CENTERED, LOW LIFE, JERKS are out of sight. (Had to vent a little. I'm gonna go shoot the neighbor's cat now.)

Last edited:

Latest posts