• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you handle it when people are a-holes?

The problem is where that basket is located, it looks just like a practice basket.
thats what makes it so funny i yell four but i guess they think im on diff hole . My first shot people need to watchout in the parking lot . i love the last three holes of that course very well designed

I like your Avatar Omega SuperSloth. Is that Joe from Family Guy dressed up as a Thundercat?

I was playing with one of the better players on my local course the other day and twice someone behind us threw pretty close to us without a FOUR or Heads Up or anything. He calmly walked over to their disc, collected some sticks and neatly stacked them on their disc without saying a word. The look on their faces was priceless! I thought it was a really classy and non-confrontational way of letting people know they screwed up.

I was playing with one of the better players on my local course the other day and twice someone behind us threw pretty close to us without a FOUR or Heads Up or anything. He calmly walked over to their disc, collected some sticks and neatly stacked them on their disc without saying a word. The look on their faces was priceless! I thought it was a really classy and non-confrontational way of letting people know they screwed up.

I had no idea that the Blair Witch was a good disc golfer...

i do one step further...i bury it in leaves or grass...hoping they look forever..some people need to learn some ettiquette(and i need to learn to spell and type)

I like your Avatar Omega SuperSloth. Is that Joe from Family Guy dressed up as a Thundercat?

Its just a short rando clip that has the thundercats in it. If I remember correctly he's watching the chick take a piss.

i do one step further...i bury it in leaves or grass...hoping they look forever..some people need to learn some ettiquette(and i need to learn to spell and type)

You're not the only one who does that or needs two lern how tuh spehl and tipe.

I was playing with my folks one time and they aren't fast, but we were on the first hole, I was getting ready for my midrange shot, didn't even know someone was on the tee pad, and a disc goes flying past my head almost hitting me. I try to tell him to wait and if your going to throw yell fore, but all I got was back talking from three punk teenagers who said they we're going to kick my @$$. They continue to tell my mother that she is too old for disc golf and bunch of other garbage. I was convinced they we're going to try something on me as I was getting angry talking back to them telling them to leave us alone, when all three of them get close to me acting as if they are going to try and hurt me. Nothing came of it and they moved on, lucky for them as I carry a concealed pistol. This is the most extreme case I have ever had to deal with playing disc golf, I find that some people don't know proper etiquette and if you are nice and explain it to them they get better.

what do I do

Haven't had someone one trow a disc in my direction when i'm playin that same hole, but if they did, I would probly pic it up and trow it in the closest river or pond :) Don't care a bit if they are talking to my while I trow, cause I'm talking while I trow anyways. Its all fun and games though, Till someone gets the finger broke. :)

maybe you should have gave them a peek at your heater....i guarantee they would have been a lil "nicer"?

lol :) yeah probably, luckily I kept my cool in that situation.

Yeah I would do the same as everyone else..just hide there fvckin disc somewhere so they can't find it...and most of the guys that are "a$$holess" MIGHT....MIGHT...be those 1 or 2 discers we all encounter...which would allow them to not throw on you again :)

What is it about high school kids that make them so stupid?

It has nothing to do with them being in high school. I play with a few youngins and they are all fine. it more has to do with their personality to began with. My name for the is flickers. The a-hole player almost always throws with a flick (not everyone who throws this is lame, just these specific people are), plays with one disc, regardless of skill, and wears a sideways hat, with a perfectly straight bill.

There seems to be a lot of young a-holes, because so many are inexperienced overall, that they make mistakes that we know not to do, like not yelling clear, or not knowing the distance on their throws.

It has nothing to do with them being in high school. I play with a few youngins and they are all fine. it more has to do with their personality to began with. My name for the is flickers. The a-hole player almost always throws with a flick (not everyone who throws this is lame, just these specific people are), plays with one disc, regardless of skill, and wears a sideways hat, with a perfectly straight bill.

There seems to be a lot of young a-holes, because so many are inexperienced overall, that they make mistakes that we know not to do, like not yelling clear, or not knowing the distance on their throws.

Yeah, I can't stand them if they're in large groups (and they usually are around my area). Once they get to college they seem to get worse in my opinion, as I would guess the majority of empty cans on my home course are from them.

I was looking for discs at the store the other day and a group came by. One kid was swearing that a Wraith was the single best disc, period, until he saw a Valk. He then proclaimed that he and whoever he used to play with aced "like half the holes" with Valks, hadn't seen one in "forever" and they must have just started remaking them. Talk about idiots...

The underwear brothers

you forgot the underwear brothers, those that purposely pull DOWN their pants until their asscheeks are above the waist of their pants, and their boxers are pulled up to their belly button. I see that a lot here... usually with shirts off and a hat on straight billed as you said.
I was playing with two older guys the other day and that is what we kept calling the group of four in front of us. Two of them dressed like this and were one discing, immature high schoolers. Then a group came up behind us... they were the underwear cousins...

My god, I am surrounded by a-holes!

spaceballs.jpg

..some people think it's cool to dress and talk like their fav. rappers...easy to do, you don't need any intelligence..seems alot of today's kids think it is cool to be ignorant

Society in general is making it easier for kids to do things that lack intelligence. Nothing is ever the kids fault anymore, from outrageous behavior (I think the % of kids that "have" ADD has had to at least doubled over the last 10 years, not saying there aren't legit cases, just that it seems to be an excuse for a poorly behaved child anymore) to "No child left behind" (if the kid didn't learn something make them do it again. It isn't that complicated)

Latest posts