• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you remove price tag stickers from discs?

Wally

Par Member
I was wondering what is the most effective way to get a price tag sticker off of the back of a disc. The best way I have found with a new disc is to put it in warm water for a minute or so and carefully peel the sticker off. The biggest problem I have is with discs that I go and use before taking the sticker off and then you have the residual sticky stuff left over after the paper part is off.

I am also having a big problem with the Star Mako I bought. Innova put a small disc catalog on the back of it and it just will not come off. Thanks for the help.

Water, soap and a knife or
Blade to scrape it off. I hate how sticky it is when you pull it off and then it becomes a dirt magnet.

Water, soap and a knife or
Blade to scrape it off. I hate how sticky it is when you pull it off and then it becomes a dirt magnet.

Exactly... the sticky residue is the problem and I want to know how to get that stuff off. I think you can use WD-40 put I did not want to try that until I know it won't hurt the disc.

Goo Gone.
I've never had it eat a disc regardless of plastic.
Let the liquid soak in for a minute and then you can rub off all the adhesive in seconds.

EDIT: if you are trying to remove cellophane tape then you will first have to remove the plastic carrier sheet and then attack the adhesive with Goo Gone. Anything strong enough to remove both at the same time is hazardous to the health of your disc; I have chewed up a disc by using Goof Off.

Last edited:
If you are a greasy Italian like myself, you can use a little body oil from your face. It works as good as anything else, it is even cheaper than Ronsonol (lighter fluid) and you have a supply that replenishes itself. Honestly it is an old record collectors trick.
If you are having trouble getting the tag off itself than you need to soak it a bit in Ronsonol and it will come right off. Then you can work on the residue.
I have had an adverse reaction to plastic with Ronsonol once though. My Brother has a Discmania Maniac P1 putter that the plastic is messed up a little where the price tag used to be :(
Merry Christmas Bro!

Wet the sticker and use a knife or putty knife to scrape it off. Then bottle of Goof Off will get the residue off.

I leave the price tags on all my possessions (clothing, discs, computers, guitars, etc.)

How else can anyone know what a pimp I am?

Soak it, use fingernail, and Scotchbrite is what I use if needed.

i just get a corner started, work my way to one side of it being off, then very slowly peel away the whole thing

Denatured alcohol (or rubbing alcohol because you've probably got that laying around).
Because its not a petroleum distillate, you don't have to worry about it de-glossing or messin' with your plastic and it evaporates clean away leaving no residue. Alcohol is the answer.

Latest posts