• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far can you throw your putt and approach discs?

How far can you throw your putt and approach discs?

• Total voters
All I want to know is what is the <3 that you used?

I am guessing that he uses that for a heart symbol. Turn the <3 and you get a
16.gif

Glow Aviar 175g around 330-360' max distance

When I was sponsored by Gateway I used my Wizards up to about 360ft but now that I have more mids in myt bag I rarely use my putter on anything over 330ft.

350+ though......only vid I know of only shows 1 long putter drive.

No video right now, but I can get some...I have thrown my Ion somewhere between 340-360'. That's NOT on a golf hole, just throwing it to see how far I can get it.

About 350 feet max controlled distance. No video though because no one cares enough to ask me for one.

If any of you have a camera, please post a video. I'm sure many would like to see.

I'm actually working on getting a cam from a friend to do just that. For other's viewing pleasure, or to instagate more retarded comments from Nate? Stay tuned to find out!

Even though you didn't list me, I planned on doing it anyway.

1000 feet for me... from a mesa... that counts right?

:thmbup:

(didn't read all the way through... prob not the first to say this :|)

Got rained on today so I didn't go for max D, but I did get some nice putter drives on film. All of these are done with either an Evo Wizard (Blue) or SS wizard (Orange, Yellow, White). The very last shot (Near Ace) is a Teebird throw. I know it's not exactly what you wanted but it should give you a good idea of what I can do with Wizards. Anhyzers, hyzers and straight shots. Check out the description to see a list of which holes are what.

Thanks for taking the time to post video although about halfway through it went blank. On my computer anyway.

I forgot to chop off the rest of the song that's why it does that. Didn't feel like messing with the video editor some more, my pc is an ancient laptop so it takes forever to do anything.

Formwise, a 350' putter shot looks just like a drive (because it is one). The player might be aiming higher than on a drive, though. Flightwise they go a lot higher and straight to a slight 'S'. At least the ones I've seen look like that.

If you're just curious about form, take any video of a 420'+ Teebird shot and you'll know what a 350' putter shot looks like.

Great video! I know a few guys who throw their putters about that far and I must admit I am jealous. I guess I know what I will be practicing tonight with the Bangers.

Got rained on today so I didn't go for max D, but I did get some nice putter drives on film. All of these are done with either an Evo Wizard (Blue) or SS wizard (Orange, Yellow, White). The very last shot (Near Ace) is a Teebird throw. I know it's not exactly what you wanted but it should give you a good idea of what I can do with Wizards. Anhyzers, hyzers and straight shots. Check out the description to see a list of which holes are what.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMLfcIOrUd8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emd41SvsppM&feature=related

No real putter drives besides the 2nd hole of the 1st vid.

Last edited:
That course in the first video looks sick. Where is that? Wish I could have seen the flight of the disc better, but I guess the cameraman was going more for the form shots than disc flight shots.

Timber Ridge in Kalamazoo, MI

It might have been a temp type course because it was on a ski hill but it was the best one I have played when it came to design and even better than Snowbowl in AZ.

Ahhh I love me some Arboretum Spiker. Its a toss up between that and Roscoe Ewing of the courses I have been to for a favorite but both for very different reasons. Need to get out to Canton again here soon.

Ahhh I love me some Arboretum Spiker. Its a toss up between that and Roscoe Ewing of the courses I have been to for a favorite but both for very different reasons. Need to get out to Canton again here soon.

I just played Roscoe Ewing for the first time a few weeks ago and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Looking forward to playing it again soon.

Arboretum is where I was introduced to the game. It's remained a favorite. There's some holes I'd enjoy having a few more trees to shoot through, but it offers a good variety of shots and the scenery is great.

Have you played Dover? I think that's my favorite. It's got some great long holes for opening up on playing from whites and blues, and the red tees have a lot of fun putter shots. Nearly 3'd hole 1 from the white today :)

Last edited:
Ive never really tried to throw them far just in the basket from up to 150 right now. I can throw a driver up 400 if i rip it more like 330-350.

It really is about shaping lines to get close enough to make putts

I can put my Hydra around 220ft. I would say a little less for my Champ Rhyno, but I usually don't drive with it. (Somehow I checked 175ft, oops)

Last edited:
Soft APX

I can chuck this thing nearly a football field, but would I ever do that on a course? Nope. I personally have much more control with my "fairway drivers" at those ranges (either Elite XL or Roadrunner).