• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
Never, in fact I'm the curse of aces. No one has ever gotten an ace in a group that I have played with. Don't be sad, I'm not. I've come close numerous times and have had plenty of spectacular 2's.

Mine was about 9 months after I started playing and really only a few months of really playing. It was during doubles and hit the $400 dollar ACE pot. Was nice since I used that money to fund my BG AMS tournament.

Never, in fact I'm the curse of aces. No one has ever gotten an ace in a group that I have played with. Don't be sad, I'm not. I've come close numerous times and have had plenty of spectacular 2's.

What makes me sad is when I play wolf, and for the first time get within the circle on hole 15 hiestand and neither me or my mate could putt it out :/(first time I've done that on that hole too). Only 319 feet, which to some might seem like not much, but for me that's good. Though I always throw from a single step forward too, so no x step here. Wish there was a soccer field near by, or somewhere for good driving practice.

hit my first one about a year ago and just got my second ace on 3/7/2011 . funny thing is both aces are on the same hole :D Hole 11 at alma,AR

goin on 4 years and still no ace. I have hit the pole countless times, had a teebird go straight through the chains and hit everything possible and still fall out, twice on the same hole had a wizard hit the inside of the basket and bounce out.

goin on 4 years and still no ace. I have hit the pole countless times, had a teebird go straight through the chains and hit everything possible and still fall out, twice on the same hole had a wizard hit the inside of the basket and bounce out.

Keep playing brother, it'll stick in some time!

First one today! :D As hard as it is to get one, I'm surprised it took this long for me (8 months) with the amount I play and the fact that one of my home courses has pretty short holes

aj

got my first in October, about 5 months after i started playing, but we were averaging about 40 holes a day in September and October

I got mine about 4 months after I started...It was during Discraft's Ace Rae tourney. I won cause of it. Got like 15 discs, a bag, towel, hat, and mini.

I'm not sure if Ace Race aces count. They're generally shorter holes than initially designed.....I call for a concensus. :cool:

I would have to put an asterisk* next to the ace and not hang the disc on the wall. Think 61*
F

all of my aces but one have come at one course-http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=877&mode=ci. granted it's an OLD, extremely short course, but it was, and i guess still is, my "home" course since i started playing it when it first opened and was my first course.
#2 150' 1x (w/ 165g whamo frisbee)
#5 180' 2x (w/ 165g whamo frisbee)
#11 90' 6+x (w/ phantom,shark,soft magnet)
#14 135' 1x (w/ soft focus)
#18 150' 3x (w/ 165g whamo frisbee)
so, technically, i have alot of aces, but considering how short those holes are and how many times i've thrown them.... really only #2 was impressive.

13 months

I play daily when there is no snow, 3-5 times a week in the winter. It took me thirteen months to get my first (Oct. last year) and 1 month later got my second Ace. Neither one on my home course which I play regularly.

The first ace was #2 at Beauty (Mason County park) and was bh. The second was at Central Mich University #17 and was a fh throw.

I got my third, and first at my home course a month ago, also bh on #17 at Kenwood Park. All were with different discs.