• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many back up disc of the same Mold do you carry

HOW MANY SPARES DO YOU CARRY ?

• 1 extra

Votes: 37 52.9%

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • 4-5

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • 6-7

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 7-8

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 8-9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am like Midnightbiker and soft Magnets NEVER ENOUGH

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
As far as in the bag, I don't carry "true" back ups but a full bag could possibly have;
5 avengers- it's the fastest disc I carry. I usually keep at least two for an average course, one light, one heavy. They vary in plastic but I always have a fresh heavy z hanging around.
2-3 stalkers- my firsts were to heavy at first so I setteled on 170. I now use my seasoned 170 and a production 173 as staples. Sometimes a 176 for wind but I normally will toss an avenger or talon instead. I'm thinkin of adding my ESP into the rotation.
2-3 talons- one light, one heavy- both opaque plus one normal looking z in an inbetween weight for water.
2 torque- I usually pick one (170 or 175) dependent on wind but in a full bag I'll have two.
2-3 mags- soft, firm, and z- all heavy. I will probally replace the soft with a 168 firm or photon once it really warms up and the z with an ESP.
I did carry multiple buzzzi but no need currently.

If I do carry a full bag for a casual day, I normally slim throughout the day.
Yesterday mornings first round started with 14. By 4th round I dropped everything besides putters, a stalker, and a couple mids.
Later that day on my 3rd round at another course I was wishing I had some lighter picks when I ended up playing dubs against some big arms:(

So is everyone adding up thier total possible bag extras when voting?
i.e.; 2wizards+ 3 rocs = 5
or are you doing average ?

I have spares but I don't carry them most of the time. I tend to keep a new model and a slightly beat in model of most of my discs. I like most of my discs out of the box so I can replace them easily. I do keep 2 of almost everything in my bag, one new that is getting beat up and one old, I pull the old ones out usually after 6 months or so and then put a new one in the rotation... and so on..... I keep 1 pred, 2 force, 1 surge ss, 1 avenger ss, 2 stalkers, 2 buzzes, 1 meteor, 2 zones, 2 challengers and 2 spx swirl which is my main putter.

Man, how'd you get spx's;)
(what's even funnier is that when I tpyed spx it auto corrected it to apx)

Poll doesn't have a zero option...
Spares in the trunk for sure (they live there), but no spares in my bag.
I do carry two JK Aviars, but one's 156 and the other is 175. Same mold, but not really a spare. Two Rocs too, but there's a lot of difference between a fresh KC and a beat DX. I like using a 10 disc bag though.

I have two spare Buzzzes. One for a just-in-case scenario in my car and an extra in my bag that's slightly more understable than the other due to it being broken in pretty well.

In my bag 3 bosses, 2 firechickens, 4 rocs. In my truck I have extra bag with the same

I have a backup of my main driver (destroyer (Star for true hyzers, newer DX for straighter shots, and a beat DX for a nice s curve or hyzer flip), I have a backup of a Starfire also (Pro which is getting tuned in nicely to be a good straight shot, but I can also get it to turn right but it always comes back!!!!, and another DX Starfire that is newer and is a good hyzer disc that will not turnover (when it gets beat in it will likely be replaced by a newer pro and the older pro will stay in the bag (I just like the pro for some reason). I also carry two Stingrays (one is a beat up DX that will stay turned over very easily, and the other is a star that still has some fade at the end of its flight unless I really dlip that thing over too hard. Then of course there is the putter. I hae always carried 2 but am starting to carry three. One is a Pro which is new and will always be my first go to putter because of that grippy plastic, then I hae a champion which is nice and heavy and works well in the summer when it gums up a little bit (not sure how the pro will feel in 90 degrees maybe too soft), and another DX for general purpose and practicing before rounds. It also would be the one I need to use if I am risking losing a putter.

I usually have around 2 extra of all my drivers and maybe three to four of all my midranges and putters.

You do not carry ALL those extras do you? I think the OP meant what is in your bag at all times? Thats a lot of duplicates to carry, but maybe yours are all fine tuned to do different things????

I carry a 2nd putter usually, just because I dont want to be without a putter. I only do recreational play though. If I was entering a tournament and thinking I was going to compete, I might double up on my Teebird, Predator, and probably a Core.

The only discs I have multiples of in my bag at the moment are rocs and wizards. I have 2-3 rocs and 4 wizards in the bag, and backups in my extra discs bin at home.

Same mold, in a full or tourney setup.
But maybe I'm wrong seeing as I'm the only one with the midnight option.
I also added each molds backups

I just started carrying more than one of a certain flavor in the bag with me. It has coincided with a new philosophy for me with the game itself. Instead of having a ton of different discs that are all max weight, I have started to learn each disc at a certain weight and then see how the flight pattern changes from plastic to plastic and weight to weight.

I carry multiples of each mold but none of them are backups, they are all different stages of wear. Whats the point of carrying backups?

The discs I carry more than one of are a champ tee bird and 175, 173, 172. Two star wraiths both at 175. Two stalkers one at 176 and one at 174. Three destroyers, two star and 175 one 172 a dx destroyer at 171.