• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] How many brands have you dabbled with?

Flick Maniac

* Ace Member *
I started with Innova (Dx Roc & Archangel) but soon after got a Tuonelan Joutsen (Swan) as a putter. Honestly though, I hit more putts with a Star Valkyrie :D Never got another Westside disc though I was going to try a Northman. This was in 2009-2010 and the lineup was slim.

Later I branched into Discmania, mainly because their online store was one of the few around at that time. Decided to stick with them to narrow down my options so that I dont have to try every disc by every manufacturer.

Later down the line I did try Prodigy though (novel new company, the D4 was more stable than the D1), and Dynamic too (Tresspass was good but I gave it up because of the shallow rim, later I also had a Justice for the overstability, until a SW Gator replaced it). Also bagged Wizards for a long time, and recently Spirits too.

Came across one Rampage that really bombed, still bagging it. Its just faster than anything else I've tried. Tried one Cannon too at one point but that did nothing any other overstable distance driver does for me.

Had one Daredevil Sabretooth of all things also, just because of a dope Flylife stamp.

I think that sums it up. 8 altogether then? Mainly Discmania, with couple other tries (many due to my Nikko fanboyism) and some of them stuck, some didnt.

Never owned a Discraft disc and I dont think I will go there. Nothing against em, but just want to limit my options. I think I've once thrown a Buzz but thats it. Lat64 also never even thrown I think.

Edit: could be a poll too, but I'm on my phone and dont want to hit small buttons anymore lol. Some admin wants to make it into a poll, go ahead by all means :)

Last edited:
How many brands have you dabbled with?

Most of them.

Haven't tried some of the really small brands. Probably the biggest I haven't tried is Hyzer Bomb, Prodiscus, and Vibram.

I'm a disc whore. I like to try just about everything. I'd hate to think there was something out there that worked great for me and I never tried it. The first two years or so when I first started out were the worst. After trying most everything I now kind of know what I like and don't like and what works for me and what doesn't.

I still like to pick up new molds when they first come out and toss them a bit. If I like them they'll go in my stash, if I don't like them I'll usually give them away, but seldom will they kick anything out of my bag.

I have found some real gems through all of my experimentation. Although I don't currently bag any of these I have to give props to some really nice discs.

The Axiom Envy.

The Westside Warship.

The Discraft Heat.

The Reptillian Tyrant.

The Kastaplast Kaxe.

There are 73 unique "manufacturers" with discs on the PDGA approved list. I looked through the list and I've owned at least one disc from 26 of them. There are 10 brands where I've actually dug a little deeper and tried a decent variety of their products:

Discmania
Discraft
Gateway
Innova
Legacy
Lightning
Millenium
Prodigy
Quest
Westside

Innova
Discraft
Discmania
Prodigy
Dynamic, Westide, and Lattitude
Kastaplast
Milenium
Legacy
MVP, Axiom
Infinite
Mint
Ozone
Prodiscus
Gateway

Ummm, 17? ...I should probably just kill myself.

At one point or another, I've bagged at least one mold from each of these manufacturer's for a specific slot in my bag, for a significant period of time. The ones with an asterisk are in my current bag.

Innova* ...several
Millenium* ...JLS
Discmania* ...DDX
Discraft* ...several
DGA
Gateway
Lat 64
Westside* ...Warship
Dynamic
MVP* ...Amp
Axiom
Vibram
Prodigy
Lightning
Quest AT

I've owned discs from a few more, but basically only field tested a few of them, and really can't speak to anything from any other manufacturers.

Uh oh. Seems there are too many to remember, as I forgot (at least) 2 from the OP. I had a Premium Jokeri in my bag for a loooong time. Also, the Obsidian Discs Splinter had completely escaped my memory. Now theres a niche brand for you. I think they only came out with a destroyer type driver after that and nothing more.

Edit, lol:

MVP Ion, right when they came out and DD was just the pretty stamp on it.

11, huh? Here I though I was almost a Innova/DM puritan

I didn't really have a preference when I started, but I think Innova and then Discmania were the first ones I gravitated to. I then started slowly adding in some trilogy, then scaled it back and tried to throw only innova/discmania. bad idea. then i just threw what worked for a long time, a mix of prodigy, innova/dm, discraft, and trilogy, but that got boring, so to bring excitement back to my game i've decided to throw only trilogy, and ive had a lot of fun challenging myself this way so far.

I've tried all that I can, these I can think of offhand;

Innova, Discmania, Millennium, Infinite
Discraft, DGA
Latitude 64, Westside, Dynamic Discs
MVP, Axiom, Streamline
Gateway, Reptillian
Prodigy
Daredevil
Kastaplast
Lightning
Quest AT
RPM
Salient
Yikun
Vibram
Legacy
Prodicus

Couple more of those small single disc companies too.

Current bag:

Innova
Discraft
Streamline
Lat 64
DD
Lightning
MVP
Discmania

Other brands that have had discs in my bag for at least a round or two:

Westide
Prodigy
Axiom
Quest AT

I also have a couple of Millennium discs in my fieldwork bag, but I don't think I've ever taken them to the course.

I've been on an Innova/ Millennium kick for a while now, but in the past I've enjoyed using the following brands:

Discraft
Westside
Latitude 64
Yikun
Reptilian
Gateway
Discmania

Brands I tried, no click: MVP, Prodigy, Legacy.

Regularly throw most the top brands.

My bag is mostly the Innova family now,

Companies I have tried
Innova
Discraft
Millennium
DGA
Westside,
MVP
Axiom
Gateway
Prodigy
Dynamic Discs
Discmania
Kastaplast
Latitude 64
Vibram
Legacy

I've tried a lot I feel like but we'll see how many it is:
Axiom
Ching
Discmania
Discraft
Dynamic Discs
Full Turn
Gateway
Hyzer Bomb
Innova
Kastaplast
Latitude 64
Legacy
Lightning Discs
Millennium
MVP
Prodigy
Reptilian Disc Golf
Streamline
Vibram
Westside Discs
Wilson (if you can even count those)

20.5, not too bad.

I've bought a bunch and would go in cycles. I bought Dynamic Disc when Paige Pierce was sponsored, and now buying more Discraft.

Innova
Axiom
Discraft
MVP
Latitude 64
Dynamic Disc
Kastaplast
Gateway
Vibram
Prodigy

In order even if just one disc from the brand
Lighting Rubber putter, #2 driver, and #3 Hookshot, and currently in the bag a #2 upshot in Prostyle.
Innova way too many to list
Gateway Wizard and Element X
Discraft too many too list. Most were trying the disc after tournaments as the discs in Z and ESP back in 2000's were nicely designed for putting a logo on without having to wipe the stamp.
Latitude 64 Sinus and XXX, Mace/whatever is the shallow Wizard like putter.
Wham-O old Touchline series, had a undertable for a number of years that was a tad soft then tried a few years ago the beginner set my brother won at a tournament, giving the putter to my mom for a winter version of the Classic Grid Aviar and getting rid of the other two.
Aerobie the Arrow, a Cousin has one for wind and cliff type putting as the mold as like a 0.5 in glide. I tried to putt with the disc.
InStep older set of the Mercury putter only passable, Saturn Midrange a Comet dome on a ROC wing would have been good if the disc did not , and the garbage Pluto driver about a 8-9 speed odd disc.
Quest AT I tried a old plastic 10 Meter Brick from a person who faked he was a friend, the local sports store sold those discs for a year along side the Innova/Millenium discs but I never bought the Quest AT discs. That guy liked the 10 Meter Brick until he had shattered 2 discs on the same hole, temps were only 40 F in mid fall. I think the poor plastic and gimmick discs is why the Quest discs were not liked and are still not liked.
Discwing I tired the Quarter K, a different guy used the mold for a bit till the disc wore down in a year. when the Destroyer came out, it was nearly the same wing. I liked the mold in flight just not the plastic.
Dynamic Disc yes the putter that is like a Wizard.. Judge? Yes I tried a friends in the Classic Hard Burst.
DGA I tried the Blowfly and Gumput they were a friends discs, the Titanic in Proline that is in my bag currently.

Curently I have mostly Innova and Discraft/DGA in my bag with the single Lighting #2 Upshot in Prostyle.

Last edited:
Brands I've bagged would be:
Innova
Discraft
DGA
Wham-O
Lightning
Millennium
Ching
Gateway
Quest (sort of, I threw Gateway-stamped Infernos)
Vibram
MVP
ABC
Reptilian
Element

I had a few RIP Graboide and I think I actually bagged it for a little bit because you could throw it hard and it still wouldn't go anywhere, which can be useful in certain situations. Not enough situations to actually carry one, though.

I have some Westside and my daughter throws a couple Lat 64 and Dynamic molds, so I've tried those but never bagged them.

I have some Prodigy and tried some of their molds that first year they were out but never bagged them.

I've owned Legacy and Discmania discs, but I've never really seriously tried them.

I went to putting league one time to drop something off for someone and got talked into staying; I played the whole night with a borrowed Kastaplast Berg.

I think that about covers it.

Latitude 64•♦☺
Innova•♦☺
Discraft•♦☺
DGA•☺
Discmania•♦☺
Hyzer Bomb☺
Prodigy♦☺
Legacy☺
Westside•♦☺
Dynamic•☺
Millennium•♦☺
Full Turn
Kastaplast☺
Quest AT
Reptilian☺
Element☺
Gateway•☺
MVP•♦☺
Axiom•♦☺
Streamline•♦☺
ABC☺
MINT☺
Franklin
Lightning
Vibram•☺
Ching
Daredevil

• = familiar
♦ = currently bagging
☺ = have bagged

I'm most surprised that I've never tried Prodiscus.

Latest posts