• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many holes in a day?

81 at black mountain, nc is my most in a day. It's not hard to fit a lot of holes in there. If it's not crowded you can play a round in an hour and it's pretty flat (a rarity in courses around here) so it doesn't take it out of you as much. Doing 72 at Mars Hill and Richmond Hill in the heat and humidity of the summer is a lot harder though. Both of those courses are long and have serious elevation changes. I could barely stand after all that.

As for how much I usually play at a time? 18 before work is my most common play, one of the advantages of working nights. When I have the day off though it's gonna be at more like 36-54, at least at this time of year.

Okay - 833 - that IS crazy. I can believe it could be done, but, still CRAZY.

As for 327, sure, easily done - especially if played at one course that averages 200 feet per hole or less.

I played 54 holes Sunday but 36 of these were at Hickory, NC on a semi-mountainside course. Felt like I could have playing 54 more though.

You guys have inspired me to try this idiotic feat. I will play 200+ holes at a single course in a single day by the end of the year.

How is that not believable?

Well, I suppose it is; I guess I'm more skeptical that it in any way resembled the game of disc golf.

It strikes me more as "cross country" with frisbees.

1-2 discs, no minis, don't take 2 minutes to decide your shot, etc. When attempting something like that you wouldn't exactly look for courses with 600+ ft holes...350 or so max. On the longer holes it could be done with drive, approach, putt. Maybe a second putt. Most shorter holes would only take a drive and a putt or two. Its not like you'd be moving at a tourney pace or anything.

Right, I imagined such a short, surely open and flat with little obstacle, course, few discs, a constant jog... it still seems unlikely as appearing to be the game of disc golf.

Okay - 833 - that IS crazy. I can believe it could be done, but, still CRAZY.

As for 327, sure, easily done - especially if played at one course that averages 200 feet per hole or less.

I played 54 holes Sunday but 36 of these were at Hickory, NC on a semi-mountainside course. Felt like I could have playing 54 more though.

You guys have inspired me to try this idiotic feat. I will play 200+ holes at a single course in a single day by the end of the year.

I'm struggling to think of a course I could play which would lend itself to such an idiotic feat.

Maybe I just haven't played enough courses averaging 200' or less per hole.

:)

Look at Horizons Park in Rural Hall, NC - average hole length is 236, ranges from shortest at 153 to longest of 300.

Great course for beginning players and family play.

Beautiful views of Saura Mountains and huge oak trees as obstacles. Course was built in 1983, I believe it was the first dg course in NC.

Excellent layout for this type of challenge - 18 holes across a 13 acre plot. The best asset the course has is its appearance; the diligent Forsyth County maintenance workers keep the grass manicured and even vaccuum the fallen leaves. I've played only 25 other courses but have yet to find a location with better ground maintenance and signage.

Anyway, this course would fit a 200+ or 300+ hole challenge perfectly.

I'm struggling to think of a course I could play which would lend itself to such an idiotic feat.

Maybe I just haven't played enough courses averaging 200' or less per hole.

:)

Just because you haven't played them doesn't mean they don't exist around you.

I played 5 rounds one day awhile. I didn't play the next day. :| I usually play 2 or 3 rounds a day. These days I'm getting to that 3rd round but not being able to finish.

I've played 144 different holes in one day (8 different courses) at the Great 8 for 11 years in a row. Looking forward to #12 this summer!

36 holes in middle of July at Alexander Park GA. Went home and cramped up so bad I didn't think I'd ever get off the floor. Needed to drink alot more water!!!!

3 rounds of 18 is the best in one day I have done so far. I was going to play 9 more that day, but I ran out of daylight.

I've played 144 different holes in one day (8 different courses) at the Great 8 for 11 years in a row. Looking forward to #12 this summer!

Are you planning to play any of the new Triangle courses? There's 3-4 around Durham-Chapel Hill that I need to get out and play.

• I once played 1114 holes in 24 hours.
  • On April 9-10, 2001 Tim Habenicht played 1201 holes. He's the first person to play over 1200 holes in 24 hours. Record here.
  • Alan Hansen Begg, played 380 distinct holes on 6/22/04, in the Twin Cities area of MN. ~33 courses
  • cydisc played 280 holes in civil daylight, June 22, 2002

Last edited:

• I once played 1114 holes in 24 hours.
  • On April 9-10, 2001 Tim Habenicht played 1201 holes. He's the first person to play over 1200 holes in 24 hours. Record here.
  • Alan Hansen Begg, played 380 distinct holes on 6/22/04, in the Twin Cities area of MN. ~33 courses
  • cydisc played 280 holes in civil daylight, June 22, 2002

You should remove me from the "Records" page. My thing doesn't belong on there; and I'm sure Tim (or you, or whoever) probably played more than that during the daylight on a single day.