• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many new courses did you play this summer?

How Many New Courses Did You Play This Summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Qikly

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
As a teacher, the end to my summer is fast approaching. This got me thinking about what I'd accomplished this summer, most importantly within disc golf.

I got to play 10 new courses this summer. Some of them were really good (Slippery Rock, Warrior's Path), Harmon Hills was great, and Sugaree was an experience I will never forget (thanks again, Rich!). I do feel a bit cheated, as a quad strain forced me to cut my June road trip short, and I missed out on playing at IDGC and Trophy Lakes. But I'm happy to have gotten to play what I did, including in areas of the country I hadn't played in before.

I also chained out on what would have been my first ace, at the Illinois Institute of Technology's course this past Sunday. Some day.

Complete list of new courses I played this summer:
- Slippery Rock
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- Warrior's Path State Park
- Harmon Hills
- Winged Deer Park
- Richmond Hill
- Sugaree
- James Island County Park
- John's Island Park
- Haut Gap

How about y'all?

I was fortunate to be sent to IA for work 3 times and hit Dubuque Veterans Memorial, Shaver Park & Wildcat Bluff. All very fun courses and when you're used to MT where the next cool course is at least 2 hours away it's a treat to have so many options. Going back for 2 more trips before the end of Oct. and hope to bag at least 2 more but not if that means I miss WCB. Definitely going back for more there!

Locally:
Verdugo Hills
Oak Grove
Prado
During my trip to seattle:
NAD Park
Terrace Creek

As I only started playing a month ago I would say 4

Visalia Perry Championship
Visalia Perry Outback
Visalia Troy
Porterville Zalud

I just started a couple months ago and have managed to play 20 different courses in 4 different states. Its been great trying out new courses and after my trip to Easter Washington /Idaho I wish I still lived there. Great courses!

I hit 9 new courses at and on my way to and from am worlds. In the tournaments that I am signed up for, I am expected to play 3 more courses I have never played (and 1 new country!). I expect to be somewhere between 15 and 20 new courses by the end of the year.

I also work in the schools. :hfive:
Thought I had more this summer, but it was only 16 new courses. I think I actually bag more courses on weekend road trips during the year than I got this summer: money was tight, and I had two big trips (the National Senior Games in Minneapolis and Am Worlds in Kalamazoo). But I'm getting to the point where every new course requires a road trip (5-6 hours driving time, plus the time at the courses I'm bagging) :eek:.

I also work in the schools. :hfive:

:hfive:

Thought I had more this summer, but it was only 16 new courses. I think I actually bag more courses on weekend road trips during the year than I got this summer: money was tight, and I had two big trips (the National Senior Games in Minneapolis and Am Worlds in Kalamazoo). But I'm getting to the point where every new course requires a road trip (5-6 hours driving time, plus the time at the courses I'm bagging) :eek:.

I have more course bagging potential at other times of the year, too, in part because of the brutal summers around here. I have a similar travel time to snag new courses myself, and it's tough to drive that length to play a subpar course in 100 degree weather.

By the by, Cincinnati and New Orleans are a 12 hour drive apart. Maybe we can meet in the middle during fall break to catch a round or three? ;)

KUTTER
AUTUMN HILLS
COMMUNITY PARK
HIGHLAND PARK
LEWIS UNIVERSITY
THE CANYONS
WEST PARK
SHOREWOOD PARK
AVERY PRESERVE
SEVIREN LANG
DUNHAM REC CENTER
AVON TOWN HALL
HUDSON PARK
OAK GROVE
TRUE LIFE CHURCH
KONARCIK
MUNDY PARK
THE CEDARS OF LEBANON
JONES' FAMILY BARK PARK
SHARP SPRINGS
TRIPLE CREEK
TWO RIVERS
BURDE RIDGE
BARFIELD CRESENT
OGG WOOD
BURNS PARK
CROCKETT PARK
OAKLAND MIDDLE SCHOOL
WAR MEMORIAL PARK

29 since the end of May- A few new courses opened locally, an OOT tournament in Joliet, IL, a family vacation to Cincinnati and a work trip to Tenneesee.

Since the beginning of 2015: 37
add these to the above
BRANSON CEDARS TREEHOUZ
PROCTOR LAKE PARK
THE DAM COURSE @ BINDER LAKE
ST. CHARLES COMMUNITY COLLEGE
PATRIOT'S PARK
MULDRAUGH
OTTER CREEK
BOONE'S WOODS

Hole in the Sky DGC
Singletree DGC
Stoney Ridge DGC

18 new courses this summer:
Apex Nature Park - Apex, NC
Avalon Peaks - Apex, NC
Bethesda Park - Durham, NC
Buckhorn - Wake County, NC
Cedarock Park - Alamance County, NC
Cornwallis Road Park - Durham, NC
Glover Park - Nashville, NC
Jones Park - Holly Springs, NC
Luther Britt Park - Lumberton, NC
Middle Creek Park - Cary, NC
Nash Comm. Coll. - Rocky Mount, NC
Rocky Mtount Sports Complex - NC
RTI - Research Triangle Park, NC
Scottish Hills - Cary, NC
Tar River - Franklin County, NC
Tupelo Bay - Surfside Beach, SC
Wellspring - Alamance County, NC
Yadkin County Park - Yadkinville, NC

Going for 30 new courses this year and 50 all-time. These 12 are yet to come this year:

Ashe County Park - Jefferson, NC
Central Carolina CC - Pittsboro, NC
Circle C Metro Park - Austin, TX
Dogwood DGC - Chapel Hill, NC
Ft. Hamby Park - Wilkesboro, NC
Little Mulberry Park - Dacula, GA
Rock Ridge Park - Pittsboro, NC
Rolling Pines - Wilkesboro, NC
SAS - Cary, NC
Wendell Park - Wendell, NC
Valley Springs - Durham, NC
Zilker Park - Austin, TX

Last edited:
This is the first summer in years that I didn't get to a new course. The courses I haven't played are getting farther away and some things just came up that prevented an out of town trip.

Only a few this summer, didn't travel as much as usual only a few;

Freedom Park
East Roswell
New Berry College Layout

And I did 14 last summer... Very sad

May add a couple more soon though!

Moving to Arizona right before summer heat sets in has been kinda tough, but I have played 6 courses since I got here. Thanks, in Big Part, to DGCR member Jowie. I am hoping to hit at Least 4-5 more before summer is over.

New courses for the year:
Shady Oaks DGC, Orangevale, CA
Skyline Park, Napa, CA
Browns and Bows, Browns Valley, CA (2 courses)
The Hollows, Manchester, NH
Lyndon State College, Lyndonville, VT
Muldoon Park, Pelham, NH
Crane Hill DGC, Wilbraham, MA
Brewster Ridge, Smugglers Notch, VT (2 courses, 18 hole main course and the 9 hole Fox Run layout)

Still yet to be played:
Maple Hill
Wilton DGC
Pinnacle
Otter Brooke
Top O' The Hill
Woods at Beauty Hill (2 courses)
Black Falls

That is just the short list. I think I can get all of them in before it gets chilly.

Haven't been travelling much because I've been concentrating on field work to improve my form. Only played my home course and one other.
USDGC is coming, and we usually play a few Charlotte courses while we're there.

42% of all the baskets in Iceland.
cool...

Only 8 so far... planning some sort of DG road trip Memorial Day weekend, so it's conceivable I double my total. Since 2009, I've been pretty consistently bagging about 25-30 new courses/yr, but 2015's been a slow year for me as far as road trips go.