• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many people/animals did you hit?

On the people have been hit theme. I'll place our sport up against most in this category. If you look at it in a vacuum it never looks good, but comparatively speaking, we do pretty well. We actually think about it, and plan to avoid it. It's a pretty mature approach for the sport as a whole.

On that note: Let's do a little comparison. How many people have you hit or seen hit skiing? I've only skied a handful of times in my life while I was in college in WV and got taken out once (by my room mate no less) and came real close to taken out a group of people myself once.

On that note: Let's do a little comparison. How many people have you hit or seen hit skiing? I've only skied a handful of times in my life while I was in college in WV and got taken out once (by my room mate no less) and came real close to taken out a group of people myself once.

Try surfing on a 'locals only' break in So. Cal. Seen noses broken, teeth lost and tires cut, just out of spite and territorial fighting. Local DG folk are much more pleasant. :clap:

Try surfing on a 'locals only' break in So. Cal. Seen noses broken, teeth lost and tires cut, just out of spite and territorial fighting. Local DG folk are much more pleasant. :clap:

Wow! I always thought surfers were all like 'peace out', 'chill'. :|

I threw my Buzzz on Friday that skipped and apparently trapped a bumble bee under it. Bee was not a happy camper when I picked up my disc, but he wasn't injured.

Edit: sorry to continue this if it's heading to landfill. Thought it was the best place to share a silly story.

A buzzing Buzzz.

I hit a dog once. I was playing and the hole was a dogleg to the right so I throw a rhfh like normal. well I kind of put a little to much on it and it went dead straight. about 350 feet away was a dog and I hit it. guy just said nice throw. but I felt so bad.

I once got hit by my own TeeBird when a very rude tree decided to drop it on my head from a great height. No joke - it required a trip to the ER and few stitches in my upper lip.

Last weekend, while doing some course maintenance, I hit a turtle pretty squarely with a tri-blade weed whacker. It was hiding in deep grass and likely decided draw itself into its shell rather than run away. I don't think I hurt him, as there was not any noticeable blood at the scene, but it did probably at least scare a poop out of him.

I've hit many people/animals in the past, every one with regret. Only two stick out in my memory.

First was when I was playing at my local 9 hole course at a multi-use park with a walking path that meanders across most of the holes. I got to a group of 2 casuals who said I could play through. The hole is about 320ft with a walking path left AND right of the basket. Some girls were walking near the pin so I decided to wait on them. The casuals said there's no way I would hit the girls and I should throw - if I hit them they'd give me $20. It was poor judgement, but I threw my disc. They didn't hear us yell "fore". It skipped up off the path and hit one of them right in the behind from below. She jumped up a good foot off the ground which was pretty amusing. The girls laughed it off so they were okay.

The other memorable moment was playing a private course in Missouri. There were horses grazing on the fairway of hole 1 which was about 500ft. I tried ripping a hyzer wide around the horses but it slipped out of my hand early and bee-lined straight at one of them. The disc drilled the horse right in the ribs. It made some noise as it jumped up and galloped away. That was the one and only time I've ever hit a horse.

Hit my buddies bulldog Otis one time with a cut roller. He ran back to us cuz he was embarrassed and needed protection.

First was when I was playing at my local 9 hole course at a multi-use park with a walking path that meanders across most of the holes. I got to a group of 2 casuals who said I could play through. The hole is about 320ft with a walking path left AND right of the basket. Some girls were walking near the pin so I decided to wait on them. The casuals said there's no way I would hit the girls and I should throw - if I hit them they'd give me $20. It was poor judgement, but I threw my disc. They didn't hear us yell "fore". It skipped up off the path and hit one of them right in the behind from below. She jumped up a good foot off the ground which was pretty amusing. The girls laughed it off so they were okay.
didja get paid?