• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to contact UDisc?

davetherocketguy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Maybe I am too stupid to figure this out haha...but does someone have contact info for UDisc? I'm looking at the web site and can't seem to find anything. I'm guessing I am missing something rather obvious.

Thanks!!! Didn't even consider looking at the app - was just looking at the web site.
If this is for a support issue -

If you go to the bottom of the website there is a "Help" link. Clicking through to that takes you to a page that provides the option to open a "New Support Ticket."

If this is for a support issue -

If you go to the bottom of the website there is a "Help" link. Clicking through to that takes you to a page that provides the option to open a "New Support Ticket."

It isn't but thanks...I just have a half-baked idea/question I need to run by them.

Friend of mine has changed the layout on his course. He's talked with UDisc many times and they can't figure out how to make it right. So, they can be contacted directly (I don't know how).

Friend of mine has changed the layout on his course. He's talked with UDisc many times and they can't figure out how to make it right. So, they can be contacted directly (I don't know how).
Has he tried using the website instead of the app? You can completely build new layouts, erase them, etc. very easily. This shouldn't be an issue at all. As long as UDisc has approved his user account to be the "Course Ambassador" he should have access to do what you say he needs to at his fingertips. I've literally gone in, erased, and altered old/no longer applicable layouts at my home course.

Has he tried using the website instead of the app? You can completely build new layouts, erase them, etc. very easily. This shouldn't be an issue at all. As long as UDisc has approved his user account to be the "Course Ambassador" he should have access to do what you say he needs to at his fingertips. I've literally gone in, erased, and altered old/no longer applicable layouts at my home course.

Maybe not? He's in his 60s and was relying on UDisc for tech help. But, I'll try to help him navigate. Thank you!

Maybe not? He's in his 60s and was relying on UDisc for tech help. But, I'll try to help him navigate. Thank you!
Yeah, it could just be a case of needing someone with a touch of tech-savvy.

The steps for me are

Go to udisc.com on my PC
Click Courses at the top
Search for and find the course I am Course Ambassador on
Click Course Tools near top right

From there the "Map Manager" and "Layouts" links are most useful.

On the Map Manager he can lay down all of the tees and baskets.
On the Layouts link he can use those to put together his layouts using the "New Smart Layout" button.

To become a course ambassador, it looks like (checking a course I don't have that position at)....

Click on the "Course Tools" link and then click on "Quick Targets" (it has an icon indicating it is locked) and that gives me a page offering information about being a course ambassador and giving me the option to fill out an application.

Last edited:
Yeah, it could just be a case of needing someone with a touch of tech-savvy.

The steps for me are

Go to udisc.com on my PC
Click Courses at the top
Search for and find the course I am Course Ambassador on
Click Course Tools near top right

From there the "Map Manager" and "Layouts" links are most useful.

On the Map Manager he can lay down all of the tees and baskets.
On the Layouts link he can use those to put together his layouts using the "New Smart Layout" button.

To become a course ambassador, it looks like (checking a course I don't have that position at)....

Click on the "Course Tools" link and then click on "Quick Targets" (it has an icon indicating it is locked) and that gives me a page offering information about being a course ambassador and giving me the option to fill out an application.

Awesome! Thanks again! He didn't want to make signs until this was remedied.

Something I'd love to see on UDisc is a way for you to create a new layout using the short tees that you prefer and the long tees that you prefer at courses that have them. On almost all of the short layouts I play there are usually several holes that are just too easy and I wish I could drop back for only THOSE holes and play the longs there...while also keeping a score on UDisc. In some instances, the short tee gives an interesting look versus a more boring long tee, and on a round of the longs I sometimes wish I could play the shorts on two or three holes. It would be cool to be able to scroll down the different layouts they have for each course and also see ones like I described that individuals enjoy playing. So, under "short tees" and "long tees" there could also be a list of "Bob's Favorite Tees" and "Sally's Favorite Tees" etc.

My best bet might be to go back to 1996 and keep a spreadsheet for this, but wouldn't it be cool?

Something I'd love to see on UDisc is a way for you to create a new layout using the short tees that you prefer and the long tees that you prefer at courses that have them. On almost all of the short layouts I play there are usually several holes that are just too easy and I wish I could drop back for only THOSE holes and play the longs there...while also keeping a score on UDisc. In some instances, the short tee gives an interesting look versus a more boring long tee, and on a round of the longs I sometimes wish I could play the shorts on two or three holes. It would be cool to be able to scroll down the different layouts they have for each course and also see ones like I described that individuals enjoy playing. So, under "short tees" and "long tees" there could also be a list of "Bob's Favorite Tees" and "Sally's Favorite Tees" etc.

My best bet might be to go back to 1996 and keep a spreadsheet for this, but wouldn't it be cool?

On the uDisc app, go to Help/FAQ, then Creating and Updating Layouts. I think that is what you are looking for.

You can change up tees. In the app when you have a scorecard open click on the orange basket icon on the top right. That should open up a visual of the hole with buttons that give you the option to "change tee" or "change target." I don't know about saving your own "Bob's Favorite" layout, but at the least mid-round you can switch between tees and targets on a hole by hole basis.

The problem I see with people creating their own layouts is that it could be confusing for other people, especially non-locals when there are numerous layouts to choose from. I played one 18 hole course with 8 layouts. I'm sure there are other courses with more layouts than that.

But I agree, it would be cool to be able to create a personal layout or two that only you could see, but I doubt if that's possible.

The problem I see with people creating their own layouts is that it could be confusing for other people, especially non-locals when there are numerous layouts to choose from. I played one 18 hole course with 8 layouts. I'm sure there are other courses with more layouts than that.

But I agree, it would be cool to be able to create a personal layout or two that only you could see, but I doubt if that's possible.

This all day. Ran across a course that literally had dozens of layouts. Individually named, oft in some crazy personal label...some very close to the same labels. It is confusing and annoying.

They made this a new feature, you can literally pick and choose tee and pin locations as you play a round, but a course ambassador has to have put all the information for the various tee and pin positions in before you can use the as they call it "smart layout" feature.

They made this a new feature, you can literally pick and choose tee and pin locations as you play a round, but a course ambassador has to have put all the information for the various tee and pin positions in before you can use the as they call it "smart layout" feature.

I'm fairly sure that any person can add their own layout and it shows up for everyone using udisc for that course.

I'm confused about what course ambassador can do vs what a random person can do. Can only course ambassador add a "smart layout"???

When there are a dozen layout options for course, I highly doubt if a course ambassador submitted all those layouts.

When a course has an ambassador, they are pretty much in charge of the layouts. In the old system anybody could create layouts, pin positions, or change par. (Par is the one that pushed me into the role).

I haven't tested the theory, but I think that it is much more controlled now.

Latest posts