• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to generate maximum skip?

I use a sharpie and section off the part of the disc that I grip and designate it the same place that I grip every time. I then use a bottle of lubricant to lather the discs edge. Adds 10' to straight drives and makes a giant or 30' arch.

post of the year nomination

Play in winter after ice storms...

But seriously. Katana is not going to cut it. Neither are Fairway Drivers. I get a Drone to skip good...but it doesn't skip far. Overstable Driver - Boss, Destroyer, Force...etc. Thats where you want to be. Just carry that 1 disc for that hole...then leave it in your car at other courses.

Agree. My XXX skips reliably, but I've never seen anything that skipped as far as a Boss in premium plastic. I saw one local pro get not one but two 80 foot plus skips out of one throw. Amazing route on a 400 foot hole. And he acted like he'd been in the endzone before. No big deal.

I had a star max that i got from dynamic discs that used to have the biggest skips ever, i would actually throw it further to the right knowing it would take a huge flash and skip at least once and sometimes twice on dry/short grass. also champ bosses skip really well for me as well as long as it contacts the ground on a flat angle. you can make almost any disc skip well as long as it still has a good amount of spin when it first contacts the ground at a flat angle

Champion Xcalibers seem to have the biggest consistent skip off dirt. I have no idea why you'd intentionally want to shred your discs by skipping them off pavement unless there is no other route available on the hole. Asphalt and Concrete literally chew our discs up and take years off their shelf life. Perhaps if you carried some backup discs you otherwise didn't care about, but I would never intentionally throw any of my main drivers off a road.

Latest posts