• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to generate maximum skip?

I've seen some crazy skips from my Axis and Vector, but the magnitude is entirely dependent on the playing surface. I'm not sure if it's the overmold, or the fact that BECAUSE of the overmold I tend to throw them with more spin...

My CFR Max is my biggest skipper. I have seen it skip 12 feet high before, pretty cool to watch.

I agree with anything over stable with a wide rim. Be careful with Firebirds if you want to skip forward as Firebirds tend to skip sideways. I was once told by a reliable source that one of the big differences between Firebirds and Predators is that Fbirds skip sideways and Preds get a more of a forward skip. Maybe a Predator could do you well. Flat, Low shoulder, and Elite-Z would be my choice of Predator if I got another one.

For monster skips you want something light, super soft plastic, understable, and slow...like a 150 soft magnet or blowfly.

For monster skips you want something light, super soft plastic, understable, and slow...like a 150 soft magnet or blowfly.

Funny guy... I agree with jrawk and silly. Angle and hard plastics. I keep my skips under 150', level hard ground. I can get a bigger hop throwing at a steeper hyzer, nose down, and with more spin on the disc. But any type of wind and I have account for the nose down throw and resulting hyzering skip air time.

250' uphill....hyzer flip mid with fade.....hyzer knife bomb.....anny fh to slight flex are other options. Imo the best option, that I dont have yet, is a bh sky roller.

All of the advice here has been good. I will add that I get the best results from intentional skips by throwing the disc low and flat to slight hyzer. The lower the throw, the more energy it will still retain when it hits the ground and the further that energy will be translated into skip. I use a Z-Drone for most of my skips out to about 250 (it skips a MILE). For anything longer, I'm usually stepping up to a wide-rimmed overstable driver like a force.

forehand/overhand roller might work if the hole is in your range for that type of shot.

firebird get big skips but also have a weird roll/bounce afterwards, i find my nuke os is a skipping machine and can always count on it. Unless thrown too high it will spike.

Z buzzz's also get a nice skip/slide if you throw them low with hyzer they kinda ride the ground if its not too thick.

For me its been my EliteZ XL and Star Wraith, both in the 165-170 range. I have a lot of different molds, and most of them will skip on a rare occasion, but these two can be counted on to skip and are thrown with that purpose in mind. Lots of spin, and the inside edge has to contact first.

You know now that I think about it... I used to, as a gag, skip an old beat up champ sidewinder right off the pad and get 300' straight about 5 ft off the ground. Hilarious shot though illegal in tourney considering you have to throw it from behind the pad.:popcorn:

Speed and moderate to severe angle with a sharp edged disc to get height. Personally, I'd probably find another shot, nothing tears up a disc like skipping it off the pavement. First the edge of the disc, then your hand. I'd imagine this shot would 'condition' disc to turn over pretty quickly, so either get a quantity of overstable DX discs (Firebirds or whatever) or some used overstable premium stuff at PIAS or the like.

nothing skips more than a discraft flick that disc is ridiculously fun to flip around stuff