• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Hyzer flip disc

depends on the finish you're looking for. in champ and star plastic i'd say the leopard no question, but in gstar, the teebird is a hyzerflip to flat right out of the box. if you're looking for a hyzerflip to turnover i'd say leopard.

Leopard until 250, either with the right angle 250-280 and teebird 280+. Although with a deep enough hyzer you can get a fresh gstar leopard to finish left all the way up to 300+.

Looking to hyzerflip then fly straight, finish slight left
I don't want to be "that guy" but it depends on how far you throw. For me my max weight GStar Leopard still finishes to the right even when thrown with hyzer (RHBH). So given those two options, I would use a GStar Teebird for the shot your describing.

I don't want to be "that guy" but it depends on how far you throw. For me my max weight GStar Leopard still finishes to the right even when thrown with hyzer (RHBH). So given those two options, I would use a GStar Teebird for the shot your describing.

Yea i don't want to finish right, flip up go straight, i throw around 260-280

Check out the champ Leo3's (haven't tried the other plastics in it yet maybe others can comment), should be good in your power range for slight ride up to a straight carry. I throw harder than you but they handle all the power without getting weird...just drift right or pop up on a mellow hyzer line. I suspect the Teebird would be straight to fade for you. It felt slower by a bit than a Teebird, with more continuous turn to me. Good glide but controlled.

Discmania S-FD is another good choice. I have not tried this in G-line either.

Check out the champ Leo3's (haven't tried the other plastics in it yet maybe others can comment), should be good in your power range for slight ride up to a straight carry. I throw harder than you but they handle all the power without getting weird...just drift right or pop up on a mellow hyzer line. I suspect the Teebird would be straight to fade for you. It felt slower by a bit than a Teebird, with more continuous turn to me. Good glide but controlled.

Discmania S-FD is another good choice. I have not tried this in G-line either.

Not a fan of champion plastic

Nobody can answer this question for you because we don't know how you throw.

Find somebody that has both and try them out, otherwise you'd just be guessing.

You'll get 500 opinions on here. I agree with moorent. Try them both.

That being said, I would say Grab a Star Leopard and a GStar Leopard. Until you can break 300', they should serve you well. The Star Leo should finish left for you (RHBH). If the wind is picking up, grab a Star Teebird.

Can't go wrong with a Leo or TB anyway. Might consider picking up a eagle too, like Aim said.

At that distance a GStar Leopard will work fine. Why do you want GStar discs? In my experience GStar tends to be more flippy & beat up quicker than Star. I personally would get a Star Leopard & then beat it up. It will beat up to become what a GStar Leopard is brand new. The Star Leopard will hold that sweet spot for quite awhile. IMO a GStar Leopard will become to understable much quicker than a Star will.

Latest posts