• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Hyzer-flip distance.

thugjitsu

Double Eagle Member
I'm looking for a distance driver I can hyzer flip out of the box, I like pro destroyers but they beat in too quick. Unsure what else to try but I want premium plastic. I like somewhat deeper rims so I ruled ot the tern, it flew perfect but I hated the grip. Thinking lucid trespass? Unsure what else, mabye an escape? It's a bit slower or the renegade? What are you 450ft+ throwing for hyzer flips when it comes to a fresh disc? I'm a huge fan of my beefy star destroyers but they take too long to beat in.

That's what I keep a blizzard boss in the bag for. It's great for long distance hyzer flips, I get 475' out of mine on that line fairly consistently.

450 sounds so far, I'm just getting 400 ft after 3yrs, how long did it take you guys at. 450+ to hit that?

he said he ruled out the Tern....

What weight destroyers are you throwing, maybe try throwing a lighter star destroyer?

I can't figure it out with innova molds especially blizzards. I used to use a blizz wraith then it when into the drink next one I bought was super beefy. My first mold beasts are pretty good for hyzer flipping or valks

450 sounds so far, I'm just getting 400 ft after 3yrs, how long did it take you guys at. 450+ to hit that?

Id say it depends on practice and what not, but I have only been playing for 1.5 years and just recently hitting around 420 on max distance with my destroyers. This forum has been very helpful in speeding up the learning process and form development.

Kings are supposed to be good for that, but I've never thrown one personally...

I want to stick with heavier weights if possible, funny though my most overstable destroyer is a 169.

I've played for 1.5 years but I'm athletic and technique oriented. Played tennis all my life I can crush the ball but I'm not big. I hit 450 easy with max drives out to 550 MABYE but haven't measured. I live 5 min from la Mirada and work there so it's become a lifestyle for me.

It just seems all the destroyers now are overstable which is awesome but not for this slot. Don't want to have to beat anything in just fresh off th shelf to hyzer flip. King was too flippy other would flip up then over.

TD is awesome but something faster that will flip up and hold the line. Anyone thrown the sladi? Looking for 11-12 speed range.

DD2 too fast to shallow. Bummer cause I loved that too but those early releases on shots that counts made me give it up. The thing is right before I go to release my grip is really relaxed then I tighten it. Anything too shallow tends to slip out of place and I get a bad throw or at minimum much less power than I wanted. Same reason why the halo, katana, tern, dd2, bolt, havoc, all never worked out for me in the long run. Other really bums me cause the tern was exactly what I wanted flight wise. Would you guys say suck it up and work on it? Since my distance is great my consistency is a big thing hence why I'd prefer something with a deeper grip.

Biofuzion trespass

edit: based on your last post I think the trespass may be too shallow also. For me the flat ones feel a little too shallow but if you get a decent dome there is more room for your fingers.

The gold line Villain may suit you well

Latest posts