• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

hyzer flip mid, which disc?

fishmich

Why didn't Winston take advantage of me instead?
i didnt want to hijack the "fuse" thread but i have a question that involves the fuse. im looking for a quality predictable hyzer flip/tunnel type disc and have been considering some lat 64 stuff. i love my opto river but looking for more of a mid range. i really liked the comet most of the time but the one i had developed a large dent in the dome and it became unpredictable. i also have thrown my friends impact a few times and it seemed decent. i have a pro d buzz and a one of my cryztal buzzes is somewhat understable but i still miss having the comet around like it was when new. that opto plastic is great but i was just gonna stick with what i knew in the comet. so i guess the question is what disc do you all prefer when facing a 220' narrow/straight/low ceiling fairway with no wind? comet/impact/fuse/other? thanks.

Proline gremlin. My main mid for hyzer flipping tunnel shots. But at that short distance just hand me a beat jk aviar and game over. Won 4 different ctp contests last month hyzer flipping a jk

Try a Meteor... Does it all for me! Hyzer flips, Straight tunnel shots, Annys, And I can really bomb this thing.. Check it out..

Really beat in roc, or a stingray right out of the box will work for nice straight hyzer flips.

responses appreciated. sounds like i have a few i need to consider. i know i can get my putters out that far but im more comfortable throwing my mids over 200. im gonna see what i can find in my local used disc bin, i know ive seen some latitude stuff in there before but cant remember which molds.

Proline gremlin. My main mid for hyzer flipping tunnel shots. But at that short distance just hand me a beat jk aviar and game over. Won 4 different ctp contests last month hyzer flipping a jk

I must've had some crazy overstable Proline Gremlin, because mine was nowhere near understable so that it could be hyzer flipped. If I threw it on a hyzer, it would hyzer. I would not recommend getting this disc either, it's best to not start liking expensive discs

34sl4p3.jpg

I find it funny how often when mids are discussed, that the majority of responses seem to focus on drives from the tee as opposed to how it performs as a midrange for upshots.

Prior to the fuse my Crystal Buzz was my goto mid disc. I found the Buzz to be a great disc but struggled with it a bit for slow turns (50-100 feet). This includes holding an anhyzer line at slow speeds or slow speed tunnel shots. This is where the Fuse absolutely shines! This disc performs for me like no other at slow speed releases. It will hold an anhyzer shot all the way to the ground at low speeds as well as fly perfectly straight for tunnel shots with little to no fade at the end. Even at low speeds this disc has amazing glide am always surprised how much distance I will get with little effort. IMO this is where the disc absolutely shines and has found a permanent spot in my bag to complement my Buzz.

I find it funny how often when mids are discussed, that the majority of responses seem to focus on drives from the tee as opposed to how it performs as a midrange for upshots.

Prior to the fuse my Crystal Buzz was my goto mid disc. I found the Buzz to be a great disc but struggled with it a bit for slow turns (50-100 feet). This includes holding an anhyzer line at slow speeds or slow speed tunnel shots. This is where the Fuse absolutely shines! This disc performs for me like no other at slow speed releases. It will hold an anhyzer shot all the way to the ground at low speeds as well as fly perfectly straight for tunnel shots with little to no fade at the end. Even at low speeds this disc has amazing glide am always surprised how much distance I will get with little effort. IMO this is where the disc absolutely shines and has found a permanent spot in my bag to complement my Buzz.

Because the full flight of the disc does not come into play unless thrown hard. A buzzz at low speeds is overstable, but at high speeds is stable and straight. My wizards overlap so high that I really only use mids for mid-distance (275+) drives and forehand upshots.

I recently grabbed an ESP Meteor, and it's been great for tunnel shots and uphill hyzer flips. It flips up and glides for a long, long time.

Latest posts